PlayBuddy
September 10, 2024, 08:44:35 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

help installing stupid dvr thing

Started by butch1286,

Previous topic - Next topic

butch1286

I got my mom the Comcast DVR box and it comes with the 3 color cord(red white yellow) and the cable cord but I cant get it to work. I plugged thew cable cord to tv wall cable cord to DVR box and the 3 color cord to DVR box and then to Tv on the correct colors but the screen is black tv is on "front" like it says and everything is on and plugged in the Tv is Rca anybody know how to install one and explain it to me? ??? :P

SI

Dumb ?, but did you call Comcast & let them know that the box is installed?  I know when we upgraded our Time Warner to high-def, we had to give them a call once everything was connected, and they sent an activation signal to the HD box.

Buzzman

Something else to try, I know my TV when you use the composite input (three cables, yellow = video, red = right audio, white = left audio), I need to change the video input. It's not a certain channel but a button like "TV/Video" or "TV/Input".

Gerald

Comcast you say. Well when I added my two additional boxes to my sets I needed to call them and have them reset the box. I too was experiencing all black screen. It only takes a few minutes.

butch1286

well I don't know what she did but my mom hooked it back up looked at it and now it works so thanks anyway

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview