PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 07:58:51 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

MYSPACE

Started by Go Cavs!,

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Cavs!

has anyone been to Myspace.com? thats a good site there.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: R E Y on March 01, 2006, 03:47:26 PM
has anyone been to Myspace.com? thats a good site there.

LoL, I think that site might be successful one day. Heck, it might get to the point where it's uncool to not have a Myspace account and maybe, just maybe someone will create a spoof of MySpace in the form of a video and post it up on that other site called "YouTube"... who knows!

bra

everyone has it especially teens.... its basically a girl/guy finder like match.com if u ask me . . . .
i found my cousin on myspace and my good friend from kindergarten lol
girls r dumb and get raped from this site and those are the people that should not have them.

Brandon493

I have a MySpace. I don't know if I can post the link to it here though.(?)

bobby

for some reason i have always hated myspace, not sure why

Brandon493

lol, I actually like it. I haven't logged on in a few days however.

foxx

Quote from: bra on March 01, 2006, 04:53:33 PM
everyone has it especially teens.... its basically a girl/guy finder like match.com if u ask me . . . .
i found my cousin on myspace and my good friend from kindergarten lol
girls r dumb and get raped from this site and those are the people that should not have them.

Excuse me? ? ?  I am so incensed by that I can't even begin to explain how stupid of a comment that is....
I'll be back...

Mary

foxx

OK...I went away and I took some deep breaths...

To say that girls/women are in anyway EVER at fault for getting raped is just irresponsible and ignorant.  It doesn't matter what she wears, what she says, what pictures she posts on a website, what her IQ is, how much money she has, what kind of car she drives, the perfume she wears, whether she goes back to the man's place or not....it is not a woman's fault for being raped.

Rape is a crime of power and control.  Rape is not a crime of "passion" or sexual attraction. 

So, there are predators/perverts out there on the web....do we lock our girls up and not allow them to access the internet?  Parents need to be cautious and aware of what their kids are doing...but to even perpetuate the idea that "girls r dumb and get raped" is just continuing and contributing to the cycle of violence and fear that women struggle against every day.

Homer

I think part of the problem with myspace is some of the content that is loaded. There was something on the news about the site. It said teenagers and younger were posting seductive pictures and personal info like phone numbers and addresses etc. They interviewed law inforcement officials and they indicated the site is likely crawling with pedophiles which is scary if you ask me.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

foxx

Quote from: Homer on March 01, 2006, 10:05:55 PM
I think part of the problem with myspace is some of the content that is loaded. There was somethhing on the news about the site. It said teenagers and younger were posting seductive pictures and personal info like phone numbers and addresses etc. They interviewed law inforcement officials and they indicated the site is likely crawling with pedophiles which is scary if you ask me.

It is absolutely scary.  Pedophiles who stalk are very sneaky and very smart.  Even if you don't have any personal information posted (phone #'s addresses, etc.) they can very easily get it out of an child/pre-teen/teen in a quick conversation.  The statistics say that 1 in 5 kids is sexually solicited online. Frightening...

SI

Quote from: Homer on March 01, 2006, 10:05:55 PM
I think part of the problem with myspace is some of the content that is loaded. There was something on the news about the site. It said teenagers and younger were posting seductive pictures and personal info like phone numbers and addresses etc. They interviewed law inforcement officials and they indicated the site is likely crawling with pedophiles which is scary if you ask me.

Dateline (NBC) did three episodes where they worked with the Perverted Justice organization (http://www.perverted-justice.com/) to help bust these degenerates.  In all three episodes, Myspace.com was mentioned a few different times.  One of the law enforcement ppl they interviewed said the problem with Myspace is that anyone, any age, can set up a page.  When kids/teens get on there, they don't think about who might be checking their page out, or the consequences that can occur from the info they share.

It's really a shame.  I like the overall concept behind it; in fact, I'm shocked that they offer the hosting for free.  Myspace is used by a lot of different up & coming artists and record labels.  Not to mention that it's a convenient place for keeping in touch with ppl (families, fan clubs, etc...).

PogoCrazyMomma

I have a my space, to connect with family and friends, to blog and let them all know what's new with my family.  I am married so I am not looking to find someone. I have seen many news reports connected to the site, but again as I always say this is where the parents have to be down with what's going on with their kids. my daughter is too young for a space but uses the internet with extreme monitoring.  We need to be tracking their web use and monitoring the sites they are using, which can be hard say if a kid has their's in their room but they aren't always home and we (at least of us computer savy ppl) should be nosy and check their computer's often, I know we can't control everything they do on the web but hey at least we should try our best  :) .  There are many like me  :)) "old ppl"  :)) that use myspace, and I am glad that's it's free(I'm poor) but would pay if the price was like 15 or so a year but 30 -40 is too much imo, like classmates.com you can't do anything except post your info, unless you pay, you can't really connect with old friends. They should have some type of age verification to make sure that these girls that say they are 17 or so really are and not only 14.  I was searching my area for old high school friends and saw an obscene pic (male), and had to report it, they say no nudity but it gets on and I believe that if they get suspended for it they can easily start a new account, these are some of the things that should be addressed by the site which by they way is owned by a fox affiliate or parent company of fox 25 boston or something like that, I believe, heard that when watching one of their news reports about it.

Helen

I guess it's good that people are bringing this to our attention and it makes everyone more aware of what's going on.
Sad though that pedophiles haunt these sites for our younger generation.

Brandon493

They don't do very good with stopping obscne pictures, because there ARE sexually explicit photos on there of girls I go to school with!! Some of them are even younger than me! I've seen them get banned, but they just make a new e-mail address and start a new one. I think MySpace should have a filter or something that checks the pictures before allowing the user to add it...just my thoughts. On the other hand, no school today due to more snow! Great. lol I dislike snow...I think I better start shoveling now...I might be done by tonight. lol :D

kgansor

i think that if you want to post an obsene pic then post it, if people cant handle pictures like that then you 1. shouldnt be on there or 2. just leave. and the 12-13-14 year old girls on there who do "hook up" with guys then they deserve what they get i dont feel a bit sorry for any of those girls. my fiances sister is 12 and has an account saying shes 18 since you cant say your 12 obviously, she has it stated in he rprofile that shes 12 but if she meets someone older, and gets raped, i would never feel bad for her becuase that's her own stupidity. and her parents even said the same thing when they found out she had the account.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: kgansor on March 02, 2006, 09:54:50 AM
my fiances sister is 12 and has an account saying shes 18 since you cant say your 12 obviously

I'm not going to respond to anything other than the fact that you can indeed list your profile as your real age. If you're not at least 18, then your profile (including pictures other than your main one) will only be visible by people you are on your friends list. This was added as an extra security measure but the kids choose to say they're at least 18 so they can make their profile and pictures available to everyone to see.

kgansor

i know, i had an account myself and i know what you can do with the ages but she has 18 as the age you see under AGE then in her profile she lists that shes 12 and in elementary school blah blah blah

Brandon493

As long as the age is 16 or over, anyone can see your pictures, under 16, they cannot.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview