PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:43:07 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

MYSPACE

Started by Go Cavs!,

Previous topic - Next topic

foxx

Quote from: kgansor on March 02, 2006, 09:54:50 AM
i think that if you want to post an obsene pic then post it, if people cant handle pictures like that then you 1. shouldnt be on there or 2. just leave. and the 12-13-14 year old girls on there who do "hook up" with guys then they deserve what they get i dont feel a bit sorry for any of those girls. my fiances sister is 12 and has an account saying shes 18 since you cant say your 12 obviously, she has it stated in he rprofile that shes 12 but if she meets someone older, and gets raped, i would never feel bad for her becuase that's her own stupidity. and her parents even said the same thing when they found out she had the account.

To say that girls/women are in anyway EVER at fault for getting raped is just irresponsible and ignorant.  It doesn't matter what she wears, what she says, what pictures she posts on a website, what her IQ is, how much money she has, what kind of car she drives, the perfume she wears, whether she goes back to the man's place or not....it is not a woman's fault for being raped.

Rape is a crime of power and control.  Rape is not a crime of "passion" or sexual attraction.

So, there are predators/perverts out there on the web....do we lock our girls up and not allow them to access the internet?  Parents need to be cautious and aware of what their kids are doing...but to even perpetuate the idea that "girls r dumb and get raped" is just continuing and contributing to the cycle of violence and fear that women struggle against every day.

nightperson

Quote from: foxx on March 02, 2006, 10:26:36 AM
i think that if you want to post an obsene pic then post it, if people cant handle pictures like that then you 1. shouldnt be on there or 2. just leave. and the 12-13-14 year old girls on there who do "hook up" with guys then they deserve what they get i dont feel a bit sorry for any of those girls. my fiances sister is 12 and has an account saying shes 18 since you cant say your 12 obviously, she has it stated in he rprofile that shes 12 but if she meets someone older, and gets raped, i would never feel bad for her becuase that's her own stupidity. and her parents even said the same thing when they found out she had the account.

To say that girls/women are in anyway EVER at fault for getting raped is just irresponsible and ignorant.  It doesn't matter what she wears, what she says, what pictures she posts on a website, what her IQ is, how much money she has, what kind of car she drives, the perfume she wears, whether she goes back to the man's place or not....it is not a woman's fault for being raped.

Rape is a crime of power and control.  Rape is not a crime of "passion" or sexual attraction.

So, there are predators/perverts out there on the web....do we lock our girls up and not allow them to access the internet?  Parents need to be cautious and aware of what their kids are doing...but to even perpetuate the idea that "girls r dumb and get raped" is just continuing and contributing to the cycle of violence and fear that women struggle against every day.

foxx love what you did to your mini  she is ready for anything  :)) :))

bubblegum

yes it is a dumb idea for a 12 yr old girl to go meet up with some 30 yr old guy but if he rapes her its not her fault.  I see both sides...parents need to know what their kids are doing online while at the same time the kids themselves need to know that they to need to be careful

bra

Quote from: foxx on March 01, 2006, 08:55:47 PM
Quote from: bra on March 01, 2006, 04:53:33 PM
everyone has it especially teens.... its basically a girl/guy finder like match.com if u ask me . . . .
i found my cousin on myspace and my good friend from kindergarten lol
girls r dumb and get raped from this site and those are the people that should not have them.

Excuse me? ? ?  I am so incensed by that I can't even begin to explain how stupid of a comment that is....
I'll be back...

I'm not being funny, im speaking the truth. Don't you watch msnbc or those news channels. they always talking about myspace and how girls get abducted and raped.

bra

she has it stated in he rprofile that shes 12 but if she meets someone older, and gets raped, i would never feel bad for her becuase that's her own stupidity.

EXACTLY!!          A lot of young girls are stupid and believe anything. Too many pervs

Homer

bra & kgansor,

How old are you?

Your statements are highly offensive. So if this girl was your sister you wouldn't care right?

No one wants to be raped.

1. Girls are not dumb. Depending on age maybe naive. (Same applies for boys)
2. Rape is a terrible crime and those who commit it deserve the death penalty.
3. Your lack of compassion is disturbing.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

sonic126

Quote from: Homer on March 02, 2006, 05:16:45 PM
bra,

How old are you?

Your statements are highly offensive. So if this girl was your sister you wouldn't care right?

Well said Homer, I agree with all three points. though strangely enough I read #3 with Darth Vaders Voice in my  head.

sonic

Homer

Quote from: Redneck88 on March 02, 2006, 05:21:14 PM
yes its just people that look up young girls and go rape them. i thought the age limit to be on there was 16?

There is supposed to be an age limit but all you have to do is lie. I know someone who has an 8yo with their own myspace account.

I told the person they are out of their mind. Too many parents ignore both their children and the dangers of the internet. It's a sad situation if you ask me.

chunkster

Myspace is just kinda crappy because you can make up any age you want. Parents probably have no clue that thier kids are on there. Dateline showed girls on there in provacative poses (they were all of 14-16!) and they also were listing where they worked after school, where they hung out, and listing cell phone numbers. That doesn't mean they are 'asking' for anything, they just don't understand the possibility that some of the 'friends' they have on there could be dangerous individuals. All I can say is that parents need to monitor what their kids are doing online as much as possible and to make it clear to them that sick people exist so they need to be very careful.

Homer

Quote from: chunkster on March 02, 2006, 05:32:15 PM
Myspace is just kinda crappy because you can make up any age you want. Parents probably have no clue that thier kids are on there. Dateline showed girls on there in provacative poses (they were all of 14-16!) and they also were listing where they worked after school, where they hung out, and listing cell phone numbers. That doesn't mean they are 'asking' for anything, they just don't understand the possibility that some of the 'friends' they have on there could be dangerous individuals. All I can say is that parents need to monitor what their kids are doing online as much as possible and to make it clear to them that sick people exist so they need to be very careful.

Yes, they need a better way to verify ages. The website is a neat concept but unfortunately it is an easy mark for those who wish to do harm to others and it lacks the controls to protect their members.

SI

bra,

How old are you?

Homer, your words are much kinder & gentler than what I would've used, but the point is the same.  The fact that a couple of ppl on this thread would even insinuate that the kids are at fault is deeply disturbing.  Goes to show something about today's society.

*Off Topic* when dealing with these kinds of animals, just remember this: a box of bullets is a LOT cheaper than suppressant drugs & therapy O0.

pogohatesme

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 02, 2006, 05:53:46 PM
bra,

How old are you?

Homer, your words are much kinder & gentler than what I would've used, but the point is the same.  The fact that a couple of ppl on this thread would even insinuate that the kids are at fault is deeply disturbing.  Goes to show something about today's society.

*Off Topic* when dealing with these kinds of animals, just remember this: a box of bullets is a LOT cheaper than suppressant drugs & therapy O0.

I have to agree

Homer

I am quite dissapointed with some of the recent comments on this subject. I am all for an intelligent discussion of the issue but the key word here is intelligence or the lack of it by these two members. I'm quite surprised to see that the one person's profile claims to be an 18yo female. I am more shocked at the fact that a female can think that. I gotta wonder which is higher....they're IQ or age. :-\

jrzydvl

Quote from: Homer on March 02, 2006, 05:36:00 PM
Quote from: chunkster on March 02, 2006, 05:32:15 PM

Yes, they need a better way to verify ages. The website is a neat concept but unfortunately it is an easy mark for those who wish to do harm to others and it lacks the controls to protect their members.

they need to do what some websites that have mature content not suitable for anyone under 18. for a recent movie the devils rejects they have a thing on their that use your liecense or passport number to veryify that you are able to view content like this. im not saying it has to go this far but they need to do something to control how people use their ages on their. i

i use myspace to keep in touch with old friends and make some new ones and also found other devil fans and a few of my friends who are over the age of 21 say they are 14 so no one can view their stuff and i have a few underage cause i know them from my younger friends who say they are over 21 and getting hit on by much older guys and alot think its funny. so i think most girls know what they are doing until the guy wants to actually meet and then they do and never tell anyone and then something bad happens and then parents want to know why this happend. if they paid even close attention to what they were doing this could be prevented, especially if the computer isnt in the parents view or in the childrens room so they have no clue. if this sounds stupid im sorry..

kgansor

If you could see and hear the things this girl talks about already and when she was in 5th grade, she was already sneaking out with guys much older than her, she already skips school more than anybody ive ever known, anything that ever happens to her nobody ever feels any compassion for her just because of the way she acts all the time, not even her own mother and brother. Her father is a different story because thats *his* daughter and he gives into everything she says because she crys and complains and throws a tantrum at that age she needs to be smacked around adn something needs to happen in her life to straighten her out, the only person to ever punish her is her brother, her mother doesnt care about anything that goes on adn her father is just too stupid to realize it. She already *WANTS* to have sex with guys and thats WHY she got a myspace account, she just got yelled at for having an $80 phone bill from talking to guys from there. So she knows what she is doing so whatever she gets is what she deserves. plain and simple. I dont have any compassion for people who knowingly put themselves in these kinds of positions.

bra

The def need an age limit that you can't lie. There is another website that I will not say. It is for HIGHSCHOOL and COLLEGES only. And the only way you can get in, is if someone refers you. You have to say what school/ college you go to. It seems like a rather "safe" site.

Homer

Quote from: kgansor on March 02, 2006, 06:18:21 PM
If you could see and hear the things this girl talks about already and when she was in 5th grade, she was already sneaking out with guys much older than her, she already skips school more than anybody ive ever known, anything that ever happens to her nobody ever feels any compassion for her just because of the way she acts all the time, not even her own mother and brother. Her father is a different story because thats *his* daughter and he gives into everything she says because she crys and complains and throws a tantrum at that age she needs to be smacked around adn something needs to happen in her life to straighten her out, the only person to ever punish her is her brother, her mother doesnt care about anything that goes on adn her father is just too stupid to realize it. She already *WANTS* to have sex with guys and thats WHY she got a myspace account, she just got yelled at for having an $80 phone bill from talking to guys from there. So she knows what she is doing so whatever she gets is what she deserves. plain and simple. I dont have any compassion for people who knowingly put themselves in these kinds of positions.

Consensual sex is much different than rape.

So if this was your sister you would feel the same way?

How do you know so much about this 12yo girl?

Everyone deserves compassion.

I suppose you don't have compassion for someone who gets cancer from smoking either then right?

kgansor

whether shes willing or not it will still be rape if the guy is over 18, and all the guys, that ive seen anyway, are over 18, and i know this much about her because shes my fiances sister and ive known her since she was a little girl and ive been around her everyday for the past two years so i know what she does on a daily basis. and my grandma got cancer from smoking, even though cancer does run in my family on my moms side.  I just believe that if you know what you are doing adn you are doing it willingly then yes, you do deserve what you get. My fiances mom said that she smokes and one day she will die and shell deserve it for what shes doing and thats what i believe also. If you do nothing to stop the situation then you get what you deserve.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinions on everything. this just happens to be mine and the opinion of a few others i know. I'm sorry if you dont like it but this is america and i am entitled to my own OPINION. and thats all it is.

Homer

Quote from: kgansor on March 02, 2006, 07:19:55 PM
whether shes willing or not it will still be rape if the guy is over 18, and all the guys, that ive seen anyway, are over 18, and i know this much about her because shes my fiances sister and ive known her since she was a little girl and ive been around her everyday for the past two years so i know what she does on a daily basis. and my grandma got cancer from smoking, even though cancer does run in my family on my moms side.  I just believe that if you know what you are doing adn you are doing it willingly then yes, you do deserve what you get. My fiances mom said that she smokes and one day she will die and shell deserve it for what shes doing and thats what i believe also. If you do nothing to stop the situation then you get what you deserve.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinions on everything. this just happens to be mine and the opinion of a few others i know. I'm sorry if you dont like it but this is america and i am entitled to my own OPINION. and thats all it is.

WOW!  ::)

So I guess if you drown in a swimming pool you deserved it as well because you knew you might drown by going in the water?

SI

Quote from: kgansor on March 02, 2006, 07:19:55 PM

It's called shi**y f***ing parenting is what it's called.  I'm sorry, but we're talking about a 12 YEAR OLD CHILD for G-d's sake!  ANY parent that feels that their kid "gets what they deserve" in this type of situation should:
    a.  Have any/all children removed from their custody.
    b.  Have their reproductive organs "fixed" so that they won't bring any more children into the world that they obviously don't care about.
And the fact that ppl like you can't comprehend this truly concerns me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview