Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Barry Bonds

Started by Go Cavs!,

Previous topic - Next topic

RuLeR

If they honestly took time to look in his medical records they would see in stead of stalking him makes no sence because it just makes him refuse to talk to them. :o

SI

Quote from: RuLeR on March 09, 2006, 04:07:52 PM
The publisher is someone who tryed to scamm Barry Bonds. They tryed to get money from him but it didn't work that whole book is all false infromation.  If you guys were smart look at him with the Pirates and a few years back he was not big like he is now.  Hes had so many injuries its hard to belive you can still play.  And if the media would get off his back and acutally look at the history of growth in his body it would say so many answers. 

Uh huh...  I'm sure the false accusations are also the reason Balco was being investigated by Congress.  Plus, I'm with Homer - people at that age generally can't bulk up like that *naturally* in such a relatively short time.

RuLeR

You want to read the book? you go see and then tell me its not false and it was reported that the publisher is a scamm artist looking for money.  They didn't make any money of this book.

hades

i know itll never happen but record breakers who were known steroid users should have at least an asterisk by their name.it takes away from real record breakers like ruth and maris  :)

RuLeR

Barry Bonds is a loser he completely embrassed Babe Ruth i think last year or the year before in interleague play agiasnt the Yankees. But I forgot what he said.

hades

take away steroids and bonds was an okay player at best.think back to his pirate days where he did nothing special except choke in the playoffs.

Homer

Quote from: RuLeR on March 09, 2006, 04:25:51 PM
Barry Bonds is a loser he completely embrassed Babe Ruth i think last year or the year before in interleague play agiasnt the Yankees. But I forgot what he said.

Excuse me? You do know Babe Ruth has been dead like for a real long time right?

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

RuLeR

Yes i know that lmfao.  Im saying he embrassed him as in if he was alive hed be ticked off.

bobby

more credit still would have to go to ruth, 70 years ago, baseballs were heavier, bats were not as powerful, ballparks were huge and the all-time great pitchers were on the mound almost every game

RuLeR

Homer why would you ask me do you know hes dead you know what i ment.

Homer

Quote from: RuLeR on March 09, 2006, 04:41:33 PM
Homer why would you ask me do you know hes dead you know what i ment.

Because I didn't know you could embarrass a dead guy.  :P

RuLeR

Sure hes dead but he can listen in heaven?  Use some logic you know what i ment and ur the only one who posted  that out of everyone that posted on this topic?

Blu

Quote from: bobby on March 09, 2006, 04:39:12 PM
more credit still would have to go to ruth, 70 years ago, baseballs were heavier, bats were not as powerful, ballparks were huge and the all-time great pitchers were on the mound almost every game
....and ZERO African-American players.

Homer

Quote from: RuLeR on March 09, 2006, 04:47:43 PM
Sure hes dead but he can listen in heaven?  Use some logic you know what i ment and ur the only one who posted  that out of everyone that posted on this topic?

I assume nothing here. You'd be surprised what people don't know.

RuLeR

RC

Quote from: RuLeR on March 09, 2006, 04:13:07 PM
If they honestly took time to look in his medical records they would see in stead of stalking him makes no sence because it just makes him refuse to talk to them. :o

Quote from: RuLeR on March 09, 2006, 04:19:26 PM
You want to read the book? you go see and then tell me its not false and it was reported that the publisher is a scamm artist looking for money.  They didn't make any money of this book.

You do know that it wasn't the guys writing the book that came up with the info for it? They didn't go around stalking Bonds trying to get him to talk or catch him using or whatever. BALCO were the ones that kept all the statistics of his use.. these reporters only got ahold of the info from BALCO, and other places, and used that info for the makings of the book.

"BALCO, the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative founded by Victor Conte, kept track of Bonds' drug use in detail, with folders and calendars that chronicled everything from schedules and quantities to his testosterone levels. Much of that information was obtained by federal agents when they raided the lab in September 2003."

"The Chronicle reporters, who based the book on a two-year investigation, included an extensive summary on their sources, including court documents, affidavits filed by BALCO investigators, documents written by federal agents, grand jury testimony, audio recordings and interviews with more than 200 people."

As for the book making money:

"NEW YORK (AP) - Sneak previews of a book alleging Barry Bonds was a frequent user of steroids have apparently left readers wanting to know more: "Game of Shadows" jumped into the top 10 on both Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com after excerpts were released earlier this week.

According to publisher Gotham Books, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA), a first printing of 50,000 has already been increased nearly fourfold, to 197,000. The book's original March 27 publication date has been moved to March 23, Gotham publicist Beth Parker said Thursday."

SI

Lol just had to throw in one final closing shot...

Barry Bonds truly puts the * in superstar >:D

hades

HypnotizedMind

RuLeR

No hall of fame for him and a permante kick is what he desrvers.  He needs to geat beat with a bat in his home town lmfao.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview