PlayBuddy
September 22, 2024, 06:29:20 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Whackster v1.2

Started by xsquezme,

Previous topic - Next topic

xsquezme

I used this trial before I formated my computer. Worked awsome, love how it misses a word and skips the speed round. Got my system back up and running. Finished off my Pop Fu badge. Downloaded Whackster again start it up....... Get that it cannot read the first letter. I go and check the boxes in my desktop properties they are good. My color setting is good, my screen setting is good.  :'( I really want this to work I planned on purchasing it and now that I can it doesnt want to work for me!!!! Im rank 42 and the auto I do have is NOT working very fast!

I have XP, settings are 32 bit color, I use a Visiontek Xtasy 9200SE 128mb video card, my screen is set to 1280x1024 ( just got a 19in monitor ) but I did set it to 1024x768 ( monitor yelled at me so put it back ). Lets see... I have the boxes unmarked like it says.....

At a loss.....

Mayhem

Sounds like you have "smooth fonts" enabled.

To turn it off :

1) "Right Click" your desktop and select "Properties"
2) Click on the "Appearance" tab
3) Click on the "Effects" button
4) "Un Checkmark" the top 2 boxes and press "Ok"
5) Press "Apply"
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

xsquezme

Thanks but done that a dozen times and still not working.

foxx

are you using IE or another browser?
which java are you using?

xsquezme

IE and I have Java Sun, have also tried it with my AOL browser and still the same problem. It worked for me before I formated my computer too.

Homer

If you reformatted make sure you do a Windows Update as well. It may or may not help your issue but you should do it to make sure you have all the latest patches from Microsoft.

On another note I use it with JVM instead of Sun.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

xsquezme

Now I did have Sun and JVM before I formated.... I will install JVM and see what happens.

xsquezme

Well Poo! I installed Java VM. Disabled Sun and tried it and it is still giving me the same message that I need to uncheck those two boxes for smooth edges! They ARE unchecked!  ???  :'(

LastCall

I sent Badgehelp a screen short no return answer <<
when I get the game and try to play I try to work the AUTO
    when a small screen appears asking to ckeck the computer
        for no smooth fonts  and etc  I did not hear back I cannot run the game because of this box
                   that just keeps popping up and I did reboot also all my computer
                      and the settings are all correct <<
                                Thanks

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview