PlayBuddy
September 10, 2024, 07:23:53 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Homer's PSA's

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

Quote from: Homer on September 19, 2006, 01:11:40 PM
Quote from: Tara on September 19, 2006, 12:26:55 PM
Everything Homer puts in this thread has to have the word Trojan in it..He worrries me sometimes.  :))

I just want everyone to recognize the importance of protection. Hee! :)))

You need to tell Night...I don't think she has a clue.  <:>

Homer

Quote from: Tara on September 19, 2006, 01:29:01 PM
Everything Homer puts in this thread has to have the word Trojan in it..He worrries me sometimes.  :))

Who died and made me enforcement? ;:"  :)))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

Quote from: Homer on September 19, 2006, 01:37:03 PM

No one around here yet, they all seem to be following your Trojan instrustions.  Homers PSA's   Please Save A Soul.  :))

thompson

Quote from: Tara on September 19, 2006, 01:52:14 PM
Quote from: Homer on September 19, 2006, 01:37:03 PM

No one around here yet, they all seem to be following your Trojan instrustions.  Homers PSA's   Please Save A Soul.  :))

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Homer

Spammers pose as chain mail researchers to harvest e-mail addresses. Sophos has warned computer users to think before forwarding chain letters after discovering a new scam being used by spammers to collect e-mail addresses. A spammed e-mail campaign poses as a research project into chain mail and joke messages that are frequently sent between e-mail users around the world. Chain letters and jokes can easily be sent to a person's full contact list or an entire company department, ending up with valid e-mail addresses for everyone who received the message in the body of the message. The new spam campaign asks for chain letters to be forwarded to the spammers (who are posing as a researcher called Gemma). However, Sophos warns that rather than conducting a study of chain letters, the recipients are actually planning to gather innocent peoples' contact details for the purposes of spam and identity theft.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

I delete anything that resembles a chain letter etc.  get rid of alot of email that way.

Tori

I hope this is ok to post. I recd it as a security alert from Symantec..haven't seen it anywhere else yet.
Copied and pasted below.

Keep your computer safe from the New Internet Explorer zero-day attack 

Protection Update   
As of September 18, 2006, Symantec Security Response is advising users to take extra precautions if they use any version of Microsoft Internet Explorer as a result of a new zero-day attack against the application.The attack leverages a previously unknown vulnerability in Microsoft Internet Explorer. This vulnerability is due to the way Internet Explorer handles Vector Markup Language (VML).
Currently, the vulnerabilities are being hosted primarily on adult and ****ographic websites and used to attack users visiting those sites to install spyware onto the victim's machine. It is important to note that although the attacks appear primarily on adult sites at the moment, it is possible that they may spread to other more mainstream websites on the internet. The spyware may include a variety of security risks such as keyloggers that will monitor the keystrokes in an attempt to steal financial and confidential information.

There are no patches available from Microsoft for the vulnerability at this point.

Symantec Security Response has analyzed the threat and has provided protection for it via LiveUpdate and Intelligent Update. The current Trojan that leverages the zero-day vulnerability to attack is detected as Trojan.Vimalov. Symantec Security Response is also releasing intrusion protection (IPS) signatures to proactively protect customers against attempts to exploit the Internet Explorer vulnerability itself.

Next Steps?   

If you are a current Symantec Customer running Norton AntiVirus or Norton Internet Security and regularly run LiveUpdate™, you are protected from this threat and its varients.
If you are unaware of the security status of your PC, please take one of the following actions:

What action can be taken from here?   

Run LiveUpdate™
Virus Definitions are available via the LiveUpdate or the Security Response Website.

Existing Customers
If you have an older version of Norton Internet Security™ and would like to upgrade to Norton Internet Security 2007, please click here 

New Customers
To protect yourself with Norton Internet Security 2007, please click here

BadgeBabe

I just read some stuff about Symantec's Zero-day protection suite.

I have one stupid question- What does the term " zero day" mean?
It sounds like the day the world will end or somethning.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview