PlayBuddy
July 13, 2024, 10:30:16 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 80 disco balls or disco ball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

how polluted is your area?

Started by chunkster,

Previous topic - Next topic

chunkster

I just assigned some students to do this... go to www.scorecard.org and put in your zip code. Most people are shocked to see where their area ranks in regards to pollution. I live in the middle of nowhere Iowa and my county still ranked in the top 10% of dirtiest counties nationwide.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

jrzydvl

In 2002, this county ranked among the dirtiest/worst 20% of all counties in the U.S. in terms of air releases of recognized reproductive toxicants. woohoo ill drink to thatĀ  spb.gif

now we really know why its dirty jersey lol

chunkster

lol I always notice the change in stench when I cross the Jersey state line

foxx

Quote from: chunkster on March 02, 2006, 09:22:08 PM
lol I always notice the change in stench when I cross the Jersey state line

Are you crossing in from Pennsylvania?  Cause if so...I live in PA and here's what I got...

"In 2002, this county ranked among the dirtiest/worst 10% of all counties in the U.S. in terms of total environmental releases."

Granted, I am on the other side of the state but....maybe Homer can fill you in on Philly...lol

chunkster

I never noticed anything bad in PA, but I never really stayed in urban areas for too long. We took a trip once to the Poconos so we stayed the night in Harrisburg but other than that we were up at one of the somewhat secluded Caesar's resorts...which by the way I don't recommend!

pogohatesme

Mine got in the 20%....but I'm curious as to if they plan to do that study again.....everything is from 2002...and I don't know about everyone else's areas...but when I looked at the list of companies contributing to the pollution, HALF the factories are now shut down

Gecko

they say cow dung acounts for lots of poo lutionĀ 
:))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview