PlayBuddy
September 18, 2024, 10:18:35 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

purchasing a laptop

Started by plumberboy,

Previous topic - Next topic

plumberboy

hello all i am looking for a laptop computer. i was just curious if anyone had any suggestions or comments on which brand to buy? i basically will use the laptop for gaming purposes. any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

SI

Personally, I'd say go with a Toshiba.  They were one of the first to implement the WXGA (wide-screen) displays.  They're solid systems, using quality components (unlike many others).  Plus, spec-for-spec, I've found that they generally run the same, if not cheaper, than comparable models from Dell, Gateway, etc...  IMO, if price wasn't an option, this is how I'd rank them:

1.  Toshiba Qosmio Series
    2.  Toshiba Satellite Series
    3.  Dell XPS Series
    4.  Gateway NX860 Series
    5.  HP zd8000 Series

Personally, I would stay away from anything Sony or IBM/Lenovo.  Also, make sure that they have an actual video card or independant graphics processor with dedicated memory.  Regardless of what you get, you'll want to pick up one of those fan-ventillated stands if you're going to be using it for gaming.

LastCall

hi
I have had 2 toshibas ans bad luck with them I now own a DELL << that is the way to fo

Brandon493

I personally have a Toshiba Satellite and I like it, I hate dell. Hewlett Packard is the worst. I would say to go with some sort of Toshiba...

LastCall

I had  the sallite] also  petium 
   lots of problems 2 of them I relly like the DELL now plus if I ever need service they come to your home to fix it   :)

SexySagittarian

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 03, 2006, 01:35:10 PM
Personally, I'd say go with a Toshiba.  They were one of the first to implement the WXGA (wide-screen) displays.  They're solid systems, using quality components (unlike many others).  Plus, spec-for-spec, I've found that they generally run the same, if not cheaper, than comparable models from Dell, Gateway, etc...  IMO, if price wasn't an option, this is how I'd rank them:

1.  Toshiba Qosmio Series
    2.  Toshiba Satellite Series
    3.  Dell XPS Series
    4.  Gateway NX860 Series
    5.  HP zd8000 Series

Personally, I would stay away from anything Sony or IBM/Lenovo.  Also, make sure that they have an actual video card or independant graphics processor with dedicated memory.  Regardless of what you get, you'll want to pick up one of those fan-ventillated stands if you're going to be using it for gaming.

I have a Sony Vaio and am very happy with it except that while gaming it gets too hot and turns itself off. I've never heard of the fan ventilated stand...I am assuming from the name 1. it is designed for people with my problem. 2. This is a problem for others as well as myself? Where can I purchase the stand?  Thanks in advance for your help DJ

LastCall

I got mine mine at Circuit city most computer stores carry them good luck

SexySagittarian

LastCall

your welcome plus i meant to mention it swivels around I like mine a lot and yes the heat will be less
    on your computer for sure

mailwench

pogohatesme

bra

I got a HP, to be honest, the PC runs the autos faster for me and is faster eventho I have cable hooked up to both. HP is good tho

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview