PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:52:43 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Too important a message not to share...

Started by SI,

Previous topic - Next topic

SI

http://wewillnotbesilenced.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

Even if you're not a fan of dance music, you have to watch this...  The message is just too powerful.  Something that everyone should see.

Homer

Can't say I disagree with those statements. Sums it up pretty well.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

badgemad

Mary

tokiesgalore

Sorry to say but it is in mankinds nature to destroy that which they fear or that what they see as a
personal gain.
 As with a wolf pack, there is always one alpha and somewhere along the way there is always a beta waiting to challenge at the exact moment there is a possible weakness.mankind has reached the top of the food chain,so there is nothing to fear now but ourselves.That in itself is the weakness.Even as your signature suggests,tomorrow is a victory over a lesser person.
It is saddening that so many families have lost loved ones,over a war that may or may not have been worth the loss.I greatly appreciate those people and the sacrifice they have made so we can feel safe and be with our families .
It would be nice to say that someday there will be universal peace(Star Trek style or Bill and Ted style)
whichever you like,but in the end there is today,your friends and loved ones.As we watch our children grow
we can only hope they learn from past mistakes made.

Flame me if you like for everyone is entitled to their free opinion.

Mary

Homer

Mary

tokiesgalore

Homer

pogohatesme

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 04, 2006, 03:36:20 PM
http://wewillnotbesilenced.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

Even if you're not a fan of dance music, you have to watch this...  The message is just too powerful.  Something that everyone should see.

Thank you for posting that...that is a great message

Tori

At the risk of also being flamed  :P  ...I'm kinda blonde and not exactly sure what the "real" message is  :-\

I am not in anyway saying I agree with everything our President has done or is doing...blah blah

However, no one will ever get me to say things to destroy the morale of our soldiers and our allies fighting  in this war. My prayers and sympathy go out to each and every family who has lost a loved one..I detest the war...but, I do support my country and I'm proud to be an American..I thank God everyday that I am. I have some friends  (soldiers) who have or are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan now and I know from their mouths..how this kind of propaganda grates on them and they still continue to believe in the USA and what this wonderful country stands for.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course, and I do respect this....like I said, I don't agree with many things the gov't has done...but neither did I with the Clinton admin. or the Reagan admin....and it is so wrong to live in this wonderful country and feel that is ok and "the thing to do" to try to destroy the morale of our soldiers while they are still fighting (and dying..yes  :(  )

Again my opinion..and only one of what 290+ million..but dang I'm sure proud to be an American and I feel blessed.

SI

??? Ummm, there was nothing in that message that attacked the soldiers.  It was a statement about the politics behind the senseless deaths.  In case you didn't notice, there was a flashing counter (under the bottom right corner of the clip) that displayed pictures of the soldiers that were killed in the line of duty.  In fact, the person that developed this flash animation even included the fact that his/her father was killed in Iraq.

As for past administrations, well, let's just say there are enough ppl on here that have a bug about me, so I'll bite my tongue on that...

Tori

Thanks DJ for your reply.

I did see the counter, I do realize the number of soldiers who have given their life for hmmm I dunno..maybe a "senseless war" I only meant to tell my experiences with the few I know personally...and they say this is only trying to destroy the morale. I remember Vietnam.. I remember MLK ...and I agree with his messages about peace...but honestly, I haven't made him a "Hallmark card"...so I was just kinda confused...

When there is war..there will be deaths...a sad fact...but still a fact.

My only point in replying ( I don't post replies to get my post count up) was to say I, myself, and only speaking for myself..will not stand up against our great USA during a time of war...when we have people losing their lives daily...Sure, I would love peace, isn't that everyone's dream?

I know how many of our soldiers fighting this war and stationed across the world feel..when a "few", at home, start to do this. No one attacked the soldiers, I know.

I didn't even get the "dance" music..lol  must not be my style ..but, with the remarks against Bush and the MLK and all that...just wondering...call me blonde..lol  I don't mind  :P

ClingFree

SexySagittarian

Get ready to flame me cause here comes my two cents worth.
"I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan."

1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those "good 'ole' boys", we will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave.We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need
it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "

cowboy63

First I don't think the heading for this thread is right.

It should be "My opinion is about the War on Civilization".

What I have just seen was either a political statement or a racial statement or both.

1. What President in Modern History has never lied, Republican or Democrat?

2.Why do we need a National Holiday to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. (a.k.a Civil Rights Day, Black Monday) when Lincoln freed the slaves.
When WW2 Freed the Jews and the American Indians got there own Nation, we did not give them their own National Holiday. Why, Politics? Yes

3. Those that serve in our Nations Military know what they are expected to do. It is in their oath of service. If they don't agree they can get out!

I am proud of ALL that are doing what their Country is asking of Them them to do.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!

debbie87

I am also proud to be an American and I support the military and the President. I also support the site creator's right to free speech and her opinions. BUT, I think that site is exactly the kind of thing that creates dissention in this country and damages the moral of our soldiers in harms way. Sounded to me like it was more about bashing our government and promoting an agenda that is not totally about peace. And the fact that one of the final images looked like that whack job Cindy Sheehan re-enforces that. I'm sure I will be roasted, toasted and burned to a crisp for my comments but I too have that same right to free speech and my own opinion.

SaintHiρρo

I support the troops. I don't support your president and I don't support his (yes I said his, not this) "war" and I don't know why he's still at "war" if it was declared a victory over a year ago. That's all I'm going to say about that (and no, he's not my president... I claimed Canadian status when he was "elected the 1st time" in 2004!)

Mary

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview