Started by SI,

Previous topic - Next topic

Libra

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 06, 2006, 09:15:59 AM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 06, 2006, 08:09:53 AM

Send me the info, Sista!

www.democraticunderground.com.

*retrieves soapbox*

Ummm, hate to say it, but Demoncrats aren't any better...  Clinton was starting wars to divert attention from his own infidelity.  As for Ms. Sheehan, she seems more interested in gaining publicity than fighting for a cause.

*ties blindfold, lights last cigarette, and stands with back firmly against the wall*

Is that a typo, or are you calling me a demon?  At least I can back up my statements with facts instead of spewing the same tired rhetoric about Clinton without calling anyone names. :-*

Libral Libra

SI

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 06, 2006, 09:26:28 AM
Is that a typo, or are you calling me a demon?  At least I can back up my statements with facts instead of spewing the same tired rhetoric about Clinton without calling anyone names. :-*

Libral Libra

1.  As far as name-calling, weren't you just calling Bush the anti-christ?
2.  As far as Clinton goes:
a.  The Sudan (never knew a by-product of aspirin production was a WMD).
b.  Yugoslavia (as if that was the first country in history to experience a civil war).  Also, his approach on Kosovo allowed the KLA to take dominance (an internationally acknowledged al-Qaeda cell).  Not to mention the policy of using depleted uranium weaponary (which has killed tens of thousands of civillians via cancer).
3.  As far as Sheehan is concerned, she reminds me more and more of Michale Moore - so desperate for acceptance by the "underground resistance" against the "evil empire" that the actual cause becomes secondary.  Think about it: outside of the active democrats, how many ppl remember her for her cause, or her as the person that keeps getting busted by the police everytime Bush speaks in public?
4.  While Bush might not be the brightest guy, at least he never claimed to have invented the Internet (*Gore*) O0

"Republicrat-Democran, one party system."  Same s***, different name.  After all, it's really just an aristocracy.  They just take turns in committing the evil.

hades

the difference between clinton and bush is....clintons lies were mostly about his sex life(who cares?) as opposed to bush who lies about everything and now hand picks the reporters so he wont get asked questions that show how much of a liar he is.  :P

bubblegum

the only bad thing about Clinton is that he couldn't keep his pants on and lied about it.  At least he was upfront with just about everything else.  As for Gore at least him saying I invented the internet didn't put anybody in the hospital.  Cheney bagged some ol lawyer thinking it was a bird.

LastCall

I really mean no offense here
  But as they say you dont like it here in the USA  leave<< and
     then you will realize what a great nation this is
         with any president
               God Bless America and God bless our brave
                    women and men Who die for our country
                            in any WAR many men and women  have died for the red white and blue
                                    and I am proud to be an AMERICAN

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: LastCall on March 06, 2006, 11:05:04 AM
  But as they say you dont like it here in the USA  leave

I'm heading to Iraq until 2008!

I saw you BubbleGum and Bree looking at my profile!

SI

But as they say you dont like it here in the USA  leave<< and
      then you will realize what a great nation this is
          with any president
                God Bless America and God bless our brave
                     women and men Who die for our country
                             in any WAR many men and women  have died for the red white and blue
                                     and I am proud to be an AMERICAN

LMAO whatever happened to free speech?  As can be inferred from my posts on this thread, I'm neither Republicrat or Democan.  They both have committed evil acts.  And it has NOTHING to do with the soldiers; they are just "pawns in the games of the rich gang."  I've got a couple of friends in Iraq right now.  I know that they don't want to be there, but it's their duty, which they willingly accepted.

Vive la liberte!

LastCall

Hippo
  I been there SRYIA BORDER in Irag
      US Marine I may head back I will be informed

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: LastCall on March 06, 2006, 11:18:41 AM
Hippo
  I been there SRYIA BORDER in Irag
      US Marine I may head back I will be informed

LoL, I was just responding to your comment in a friendly & joking manner. As I've said before, I support the US troops but I don't support your president and if I had to choose between being in the US w/ Dubya or going to Iraq and hoping to survive there... I'm picking Iraq until 2008 (of course, I don't have to worry about that as a proud un-official Canadian until we get real leadership here in the States)

LastCall

DJ
when you join you never know what may happen
    yes freedom of speech isant it great?? without
        men and women dying for freedom many years ago also
            you would not be typing on ur computer
                    keep the freedom of speech up
                         this is what this country is all about
                                    Thanks  to our brave soldiers every where
                                             who has fought for our nation    Amen

Libra

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 06, 2006, 10:47:35 AM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 06, 2006, 09:26:28 AM

Liberal Libra

1.  As far as name-calling, weren't you just calling Bush the anti-christ?
2.  As far as Clinton goes:
a.  The Sudan (never knew a by-product of aspirin production was a WMD).
b.  Yugoslavia (as if that was the first country in history to experience a civil war).  Also, his approach on Kosovo allowed the KLA to take dominance (an internationally acknowledged al-Qaeda cell).  Not to mention the policy of using depleted uranium weaponary (which has killed tens of thousands of civillians via cancer).
3.  As far as Sheehan is concerned, she reminds me more and more of Michale Moore - so desperate for acceptance by the "underground resistance" against the "evil empire" that the actual cause becomes secondary.  Think about it: outside of the active democrats, how many ppl remember her for her cause, or her as the person that keeps getting busted by the police everytime Bush speaks in public?
4.  While Bush might not be the brightest guy, at least he never claimed to have invented the Internet (*Gore*) O0

"Republicrat-Democran, one party system."  Same s***, different name.  After all, it's really just an aristocracy.  They just take turns in committing the evil.

OK, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  Please, go to Snopes.com and do a little fact checking.  Gore never said he invented the internet.  That whole thing was taken out of context and again, spun into a wad of propaganda. I'll let you do the research, because frankly, I'm sick of explaining it. Secondly, Sheehan may be little nuts, but she's NOT the one that makes policy in this country.  That being said, what she does is fundamentally American, i.e. challenging our government and exercising her right to free speech.  And I did NOT call Bush the anti-Christ. That being said, I believe our president is fair game.........I would like to think I'm above calling a fellow member of a forum a derogative name.  Lastly, BILL CLINTON IS NO LONGER PRESIDENT!  This is something that I am constantly having to remind some folks.  And besides, regardless of what Clinton did?  If it was wrong?  It doesn't make it OK for others to do the same.

Now, I have a feeling that we could continue this discussion in to the next millennium, however, I've had this exact same discussion over and over ad infinitum with the same, tired results.  So, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play Pogo or hammer a nail in my foot or something equally entertaining.

Have a good one.

Lib

foxx

I shall respond to the anti-christ comment... I did jump in on that one and agree...but I have since decided he couldn't be...He's got the evil, but he ain't got the smarts.

For those of you who believe all government is corrupt so you bash both parties, let me just say this...Apathy breeds, well, nothing.  If you aren't working for change, you are just complaining.

If I don't like it, leave???  Aren't we a progressive nation that allows free expression of thought?

....and because of that, I can proudly support our troops and not support his war. 

I'm going to find Libra and see if she has an extra nail...

SaintHiρρo

Bree

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 06, 2006, 11:13:21 AM
   But as they say you dont like it here in the USA  leave

You saw me looking at your profile?  When Hippo?

Helen

Quote from: Bree on March 22, 2006, 02:25:23 PM

You say me looking at your profile?  When Hippo?

Busted!!! lol

SaintHiρρo

LoL, at the time I posted that message, you two were both looking at my profile... trying to find out the power of the Hippo, eh?  :))

pogohatesme

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 22, 2006, 03:26:45 PM

LoL, at the time I posted that message, you two were both looking at my profile... trying to find out the power of the Hippo, eh?  :))

Lol I hear you talk about your "power of the Hippo" all the time lol and it's kinda starting to scare me lolol

SouthPadreIsland

I will always support our troops - they are following orders.  My brother (National Guard) was in Iraq for over a year.  He lost 5 friends - I lost my brother - not physically but he is changed.  He watched his friends die.  National Guard Logistics Unit - 1 weekend a month - 2 weeks a year.  The hope to go to college - appealing considering most 18 yr old financial situation.  My brother is fighting to get that money to go to college.  He has sent applications offered to re-up, protested by our family.  Now he is working in the union on lay off status...and he is disappointed with "his" government.  He will tell you war in Iraq is all about politics.  I know there will never be a Utopian Society.  What concerns me is that with other major problems in the world...North Korea and Osama, why our soldiers were sent to a place with - NO WMD.  Osama had WMD - our own citizens in airplanes.  N Korea - nuclear capabilities.  Our government should be deriving plans to stop these problems, before they are out of hand.  The message that DJ posted is an important and profound one - It made us all think and formulate an opinion.  If that is all that it did - raise questions or awareness...then it has and will continue to do what it was meant to do.

I am not so high on my pedestal for name calling, but Bush is the anti-christ.  I will help dig a bigger hole...we may be here awhile lol.

foxx

Quote from: SouthPadreIsland on March 23, 2006, 09:53:35 AM
I will always support our troops - they are following orders.  My brother (National Guard) was in Iraq for over a year.  He lost 5 friends - I lost my brother - not physically but he is changed.  He watched his friends die.  National Guard Logistics Unit - 1 weekend a month - 2 weeks a year.  The hope to go to college - appealing considering most 18 yr old financial situation.  My brother is fighting to get that money to go to college.  He has sent applications offered to re-up, protested by our family.  Now he is working in the union on lay off status...and he is disappointed with "his" government.  He will tell you war in Iraq is all about politics.  I know there will never be a Utopian Society.  What concerns me is that with other major problems in the world...North Korea and Osama, why our soldiers were sent to a place with - NO WMD.  Osama had WMD - our own citizens in airplanes.  N Korea - nuclear capabilities.  Our government should be deriving plans to stop these problems, before they are out of hand.  The message that DJ posted is an important and profound one - It made us all think and formulate an opinion.  If that is all that it did - raise questions or awareness...then it has and will continue to do what it was meant to do.

I am not so high on my pedestal for name calling, but Bush is the anti-christ.  I will help dig a bigger hole...we may be here awhile lol.

Sorry to hear of your brother's (and by extention, your) trauma.  All we can do is continue to let our legislators know how we feel about W's war and the impact it has had on families like yours.  Thank you for sharing that with us.  We'll be glad to make room in the hole for you.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview