Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

cell phones...sim cards...HELP!

Started by foxx,

Previous topic - Next topic

foxx

Hi...
I am very confused by the whole sim card concept and I thought maybe someone here would be able to help...
I am a Cingular Customer...
I have a crappy Motorola phone...with an orange SIM card...
Found a great deal on the new SonyEricson Walkman phone...it is a Cingular Phone...

So here's my question...can I just transfer my SIM from my Motorola to the Sony?  Is it just like a memory stick?  Do I have to tell Cingular?  I don't want to have to add 2 more years to my contract...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this...
:)

Bree

Sorry Foxx, but you can not put your Motorola SIM card into your new Sony Phone.  It will not work only because Motorola are only compatible to other Motorola phones.  I am pretty sure you will have to tell Cingular too.   :)

foxx

Quote from: Bree on February 27, 2006, 09:00:27 AM
Sorry Foxx, but you can not put your Motorola SIM card into your new Sony Phone.  It will not work only because Motorola are only compatible to other Motorola phones.  I am pretty sure you will have to tell Cingular too.   :)

Well crap.  That sucks! 
Cingular actually has a forum and people on there were saying they had put sim cards in other brand phones but I didn't know whether to believe them...
A new SIM is like $25 bucks (i was able to find that out) ...So here's my new question, will I have to add 2 years to my contract?  Anyone know?  I don't want to call cingular because you can't do it anonymously and I don't want them to have any suspicion!  Can you tell I am a conspiracy theorist who doesn't want the MAN to know her business?  LOL

Thanks for the quick response Bree!   :-*

Bree

You are welcome Foxx, but your SIM card holds all of your telephone numbers and if the Sony Phones SIM card looks nothing like your Motorola one then you will have to get Cingular to download all your telephone numbers to your new Sony Phone.

That is why you will probably have to tell Cingular that you own a new Phone.  Where did you buy a new Cingular phone from that they did not ask you to download your phone numbers for you?  If that is to much information that you would rather not say that is OK.  I hope I can help you out more.

babygurl424

you would have to tell cingular..and add more years to your contract..unless you wanna pay full price for the phone and not have a contract..but chances are that will cost you an arm and a leg..i wanted to do that but your new phone has to be activated by cingular before you can change the SIM card..sorry to burst your bubble foxx...

foxx

I found the new phone on EBAY...it retails for like $300 and I was gonna get it at a fraction of that cost...

Stupid Cingular and their needing to know policy...
>:(

Thanks Bree and babygurl... :-*

Bree

You are welcome Foxx!!!  I bought a new phone on EBAY also, but I bought a unlocked cell phone and I made sure my old SIM card fit into the new phone I bought.  Since both phones were Motorola it did fit and then bought the New phone and all is well with my New Cell Phone and I did not have to contact Cingular.

Lady Golden Eagle

IN order for that to work you would have to find an unlocked phone (the one you want) for cingular,
then the card would work.

spb.gif

jeffs828

if the new phone is also from cingular the sim card will work. cingulars sim cards are all the same

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview