PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 10:37:49 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Some pogo news i heard in game rooms *RUMORS till someone can confirm*

Started by slidecage2222,

Previous topic - Next topic

justahumping

Nanners, the problem that you are having is the same problem that I am having, you are having troubles buying the right "auto" parts or programs or every what you want to call them lol.....     Look at your little play car.  I know where all your pennies are going.   >:D  But what can I say?  race season is here.  Get that car ready with the right auto program/parts lol   Pogo will be here next winter  B.T.Y. good luck this season, I wish you nothing but great lights, record times and no break downs.....

slidecage2222

got to wonder how much of that is  true   now that  SHUFFLE BUMP  once again does not come out... this game is now  3 weeks behind the  expected release date 

Torn2pieces

Well Said RC!!!! I totally agree with everything you said.

I will not pay 50.00. I'm paying 29.99. For 20.00 more, they would have to give me something really good. I like pogo just like everyone else, but I'm not that addicted............

RuLeR

Pogo wouldnt raise it 30 dollars more  as you guys noticed the price has been the same since it was relased dosen't that bring any sence into your head. >:(

Mary

pogo will not do that been the same price for ever as it says rumor so many of those goin around like no one has anything better to do but start these rumors all the time and pogo respones with not ture and don`t pay attention to these rumors  :)

slidecage2222

I heard others talk about this in a few rooms over the past day and     that  50 buck thing is people might be getting that confused with  case ladders   _ that is where  gold. diamond  ect names came from

personally with shuffle  being pushed back another week  I think pogo has too many problems in  just getting the games out themself  to really add  new features to the line up....  Just think how much code they would have to  put in  to get  those new accounts up and running...

its starting to look to me must of this info was wrong   since im reading on other pages that   BOWLING will be the next game  to be release and its coming in   April  and   it has no tie ins with leagues......  one place i read  even states that  Pogo has no intent to even make leagues and it was just a major RUMOR     and  CASE  leagues will stay on pogo ...................  Though  i did hear  that  Pogo  wants to tie  most of the new stuff   Before pogo  Turns  3 (what would be  around  July 2006--- that is why in the first post the person said   Leauge play would start in  july   i guess to tie in with Pogo turning  3

I asked a few of my  ladder owners  and all of them said    they have not heard one thing  from  Pogo or Case about  being kicked off  pogo  and  they dont not think its going to happen

i still think pogo has to be working on something  with the  Lack of new games coming out where  is all their focus going to

with shuffle bump  now    3 weeks late you got to wonder  what is up with pogo 

SI

Quote from: slidecage2222 on March 08, 2006, 12:41:48 PM
i still think pogo has to be working on something  with the  Lack of new games coming out where  is all their focus going to

with shuffle bump  now    3 weeks late you got to wonder  what is up with pogo 

From a player's perspective, I wish Pogo would come out with a new game each month!  Even if it meant "retiring" existing games as new ones were released.

However, I realize from a tech position that it's not feasible.  With the job cuts EA made, personnel were either shifted to other departments or (more likely) assigned multiple duties.  Add to that all the issues they've been experiencing, it's only natural that they'll want to be cautious, rather than add to their problems.

Lastly, from a business standpoint, why?  Love it or hate it (which I really do on occasion), there's no one that can compare to what Pogo has to offer.  Ppl will still pay and play.  In the end, all that means to us is that they can procede at their own speed.  We'll get together and complain, but until they feel the pressure, there's no reason for them to bend-over-backwards.

SexySagittarian

I may pay additional cost for the privilege of keeping my pogo account and getting badges but I'll be damned if pogo will see as much as one additional penny from me!  I have 4 accounts now. I will just eliminate accounts as they become more expensive. If I eliminate both of them pogo will actually get less of my money than they do now! I'm tired of being taken advantage of! >:(

saintbernard

RC, excellent post!  Very well stated!   O0

I'm really hoping all of this is just a bunch of rumours.  The "Pogo Insider" thing is a total waste of money in my opinion.  This Insider thing isn't really giving that much extra that we can't already get on the Internet and boards like this one.  I love playing on Pogo as much as everyone else but I honestly think they're going too far here.  Getting to play a game a couple of weeks early isn't that big of a perk, I think.

I'll admit I've bought all four of the badge books and I have two accounts that I pay for.  With all the medical bills I've got (both for me and those of my grandmother), household bills and now one less income in the family thanks to layoffs I'll be doing good to keep my accounts going. 

I've got an extremely hectic life and Pogo is my way of relaxing.  I love getting the badges and playing the games.  It takes my mind off my worries and helps take the stress away.  If this is all true, it's kind of sad to see my favorite site declining in such a way.   :(

slidecage2222

interesting  thing last night.....  i was in one of my spades ladders  and the   owner of that ladder said the entire     POGO leagues is   fake...  that pogo and case  has an understanding   (contract) that allows   case  to run their touraments on pogo web.... this is why  a few years ago     pogo was   linking to   Cases ladders  (this is how i found my ladders cause pogo  had links to them in  HOW TO PLAY)

they owner said if pogo  even attempted to  block  case  ladders  to play on pogo that  case would sue pogo

maybe that is why there is lack of  new stuff coming out .... pogo is  too buzy trying to clean up its messes and trying to get out of this contract???

LastCall

Hi
what is a ladder? the only Ladder I know is in my home >:(
     Please explain Thanks :)

SI

Quote from: slidecage2222 on March 21, 2006, 07:18:00 AM
interesting  thing last night.....  i was in one of my spades ladders  and the   owner of that ladder said the entire     POGO leagues is   fake...  that pogo and case  has an understanding   (contract) that allows   case  to run their touraments on pogo web.... this is why  a few years ago     pogo was   linking to   Cases ladders  (this is how i found my ladders cause pogo  had links to them in  HOW TO PLAY)

they owner said if pogo  even attempted to  block  case  ladders  to play on pogo that  case would sue pogo

maybe that is why there is lack of  new stuff coming out .... pogo is  too buzy trying to clean up its messes and trying to get out of this contract???

IF there is an actual contract, EA/Pogo isn't going to be stupid enough to break it.  They'll wait it out until the contract expires.  Now, if there was no contract, and it was just a mutual agreement (nothing legally binding), Pogo can give 'em the boot whenever they want to.

ClingFree

Quote from: LastCall on March 21, 2006, 07:25:09 AM
Hi
what is a ladder? the only Ladder I know is in my home >:(
     Please explain Thanks :)

Ladder explanation ... In Pogo, there are tournaments .. the tournaments are run by Case's - Each league has their own "ladder" for their members.

LastCall

Ok
   Thank you
       I never beloneg to one so I did not know Thanks for explaing to me :)

pogohatesme

LOL I don't think Pogo/EA Sports is stupid enough to get into a contract with League places :))

Libra

Quote from: pogohatesme on March 21, 2006, 10:07:43 AM
LOL I don't think Pogo/EA Sports is stupid enough to get into a contract with League places :))

Now, I haven't been a member of Pogo for THAT long (almost 2 years) however, it seems to me that more new games came out this past year than in the year before. 

And tourneys or ladders or whatever they're called annoy me. 

Libra

bubblegum

yes I'm a pogo junkie however I never play in those ladders/leagues becuase I don't have the time to sit down and play a whole game with a league.  And when they take over a room, I hate it but at the same time like it becuase I can hide my auto use better

SI

Quote from: bubblegum on March 21, 2006, 10:17:53 AM
yes I'm a pogo junkie however I never play in those ladders/leagues becuase I don't have the time to sit down and play a whole game with a league.  And when they take over a room, I hate it but at the same time like it becuase I can hide my auto use better

Lol those leagues are run like some sort of fascist regime.  Not naming anyone or any league in particular, just an observation.  "No talking to non-league players during games or you'll be disqualified" or "Mute all non-league players or you'll be disqualified" or "BLAH BLAH BLAH I ONLY KNOW HOW TO TYPE IN CAPS" or commandeering the whole room...  I've actually had tournament hosts (there's an oxymoron for you) try to bully people into leaving the room.  If I'm correct, can't you private chat with multiple people at the same time?  I wouldn't mind seeing that as a stipulation for running tournies, that way the rest of the room can continue in peace.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview