PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 01:06:19 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Some pogo news i heard in game rooms *RUMORS till someone can confirm*

Started by slidecage2222,

Previous topic - Next topic

bubblegum

can't stand those league players either who CANT CHAT UNLESS THEY TYPE IN CAPS annoys the hell out of me

Libra

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 21, 2006, 10:31:17 AM
Quote from: bubblegum on March 21, 2006, 10:17:53 AM
yes I'm a pogo junkie however I never play in those ladders/leagues becuase I don't have the time to sit down and play a whole game with a league.  And when they take over a room, I hate it but at the same time like it becuase I can hide my auto use better

Lol those leagues are run like some sort of fascist regime.  Not naming anyone or any league in particular, just an observation.  "No talking to non-league players during games or you'll be disqualified" or "Mute all non-league players or you'll be disqualified" or "BLAH BLAH BLAH I ONLY KNOW HOW TO TYPE IN CAPS" or commandeering the whole room...  I've actually had tournament hosts (there's an oxymoron for you) try to bully people into leaving the room.  If I'm correct, can't you private chat with multiple people at the same time?  I wouldn't mind seeing that as a stipulation for running tournies, that way the rest of the room can continue in peace.

That is SO FREAKIN' TRUE!  During Tournies, especially if it's one of those Nazi tourney hosts from hell?  I'll chat as much as I possibly can.  Bring up topics that you KNOW will get others going, and use a LOT OF CAPS!   :)) :)) :))  Just to pizz'em off.  But, usually, I just leave. 

Lib

hades

slidecage2222

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 21, 2006, 10:31:17 AM
Quote from: bubblegum on March 21, 2006, 10:17:53 AM
yes I'm a pogo junkie however I never play in those ladders/leagues becuase I don't have the time to sit down and play a whole game with a league.  And when they take over a room, I hate it but at the same time like it becuase I can hide my auto use better

Lol those leagues are run like some sort of fascist regime.  Not naming anyone or any league in particular, just an observation.  "No talking to non-league players during games or you'll be disqualified" or "Mute all non-league players or you'll be disqualified" or "BLAH BLAH BLAH I ONLY KNOW HOW TO TYPE IN CAPS" or commandeering the whole room...  I've actually had tournament hosts (there's an oxymoron for you) try to bully people into leaving the room.  If I'm correct, can't you private chat with multiple people at the same time?  I wouldn't mind seeing that as a stipulation for running tournies, that way the rest of the room can continue in peace.

yea  i was in a few leagues where the  owner  tried to push people out of the room  saying it was the leagues room...   of the  20 leagues i been in   all of them have been good besides that one.. none had a problem with other players

pink

just to clarify, only the league host types in caps, so that the players can easily distinguish the pairings/rules in a chat lobby. weather you are a pogo free member, paid member, host, or league member, the same standard applies: the room is open to anyone an everyone.
   Not everyone will get along on pogo, but i would assume "a host typing in caps" so league members get the info for the tour, should be the least of everyones worries. I am a host myself, and no i am not the devil, i dont type the rules in caps to purpously annoy you, an i dont kick anyone out of a room. And the minute rules are over, i Cap down, an use undercaps, so as not to abuse the caps.  I feel leagues get a bad rep. , and if pogo does come out with their own leagues in bowling, id like to see posts like above, directed to pogo employees when they host in caps. lastly, dont knock it till ya try it lol=leagues can be a heck of alot of fun;) <3

ClingFree

Pink ...

I think, from the sounds of it, you are one of the better hosts. Ive also hosted, but we wont go there =)  I have seen ALOT of hosts abuse what "power" they think they have, and unfortunately they give most hosts a bad name.

SaintHiρρo

Ok, those leagues that try to push people out of the rooms are complete (censored by SaintHippo but there are a lot of words here). The league I'm in don't mind if you talk to other non-members, we don't kick people out the room (the room is more than big enough for both the league and non-leaguers), we don't control the chat (we only speak when we need to talk with other leaguers) and we don't have private chat available in the game I play in so we can't use that option. The people who come into our room has NEVER had a problem with our league since we don't cause problems. We're as friendly as they come and if there was an award for the least complainted about league, we would win it every time. Just know that while you might have had a bad experience with a few leagues, not all are like that and that's all I have to say about that!

Libra

Quote from: pink on March 21, 2006, 11:09:20 AM
just to clarify, only the league host types in caps, so that the players can easily distinguish the pairings/rules in a chat lobby. weather you are a pogo free member, paid member, host, or league member, the same standard applies: the room is open to anyone an everyone.
   Not everyone will get along on pogo, but i would assume "a host typing in caps" so league members get the info for the tour, should be the least of everyones worries. I am a host myself, and no i am not the devil, i dont type the rules in caps to purpously annoy you, an i dont kick anyone out of a room. And the minute rules are over, i Cap down, an use undercaps, so as not to abuse the caps.  I feel leagues get a bad rep. , and if pogo does come out with their own leagues in bowling, id like to see posts like above, directed to pogo employees when they host in caps. lastly, dont knock it till ya try it lol=leagues can be a heck of alot of fun;) <3

Pink,

For the most part, the Tourney's and their hosts aren't bad.  I've gotten the a whole league going before, tourney host included, laughing so hard that the game could barely be played, so I can't say all experiences were bad.  And you're right, it is the few Nazi hosts out there giving you guys a bad name.  

Now, as for leagues?  I have tried them, and they're just not for me.  And they are annoying when you're trying to chat with your friends, but like I said, I either just go to another room or take all my friends to private.

Libra

butch1286

Ummm SaintHippo you walkin dude needs to eat hamburger! or is it going for the hollywood in look? ;D ::)

bubblegum

pink I'm not saying all hosts are bad.  Its the few nazi hosts and leauge game players  r1.gifthat make the good ones look really bad.

Libra

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 21, 2006, 11:16:39 AM
Ok, those leagues that try to push people out of the rooms are complete (censored by SaintHippo but there are a lot of words here). The league I'm in don't mind if you talk to other non-members, we don't kick people out the room (the room is more than big enough for both the league and non-leaguers), we don't control the chat (we only speak when we need to talk with other leaguers) and we don't have private chat available in the game I play in so we can't use that option. The people who come into our room has NEVER had a problem with our league since we don't cause problems. We're as friendly as they come and if there was an award for the least complainted about league, we would win it every time. Just know that while you might have had a bad experience with a few leagues, not all are like that and that's all I have to say about that!

You're little dude (or dudette) never did GO anywhere, did it?  Now, every time I watch it, I kinda bob.. up and down like.  Like the dude (or dudette) is when it walks like an Egyptian.  It should say "ancient Egyptian" since most Egyptians that look like that are, um, dead.   Why am I so obsessed with your picture thingie???  :o

Libra

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 21, 2006, 11:23:39 AM
You're little dude (or dudette) never did GO anywhere, did it?  Now, every time I watch it, I kinda bob.. up and down like.  Like the dude (or dudette) is when it walks like an Egyptian.  It should say "ancient Egyptian" since most Egyptians that look like that are, um, dead.   Why am I so obsessed with your picture thingie???  :o

Libra

If you wait long enough, it actually do reach it's final destination... just keep watching.......  :))

SI

Allow me to apologize, I didn't mean to bash all leagues, just those that are run by the Gestapo.  I've been in many rooms with good leagues.  It's the ones run by the tournie Nazis that set me off.  Phlinx is notorious for those.

bubblegum

Libra

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 21, 2006, 11:24:59 AM

Libra

If you wait long enough, it actually do reach it's final destination... just keep watching.......  :))

You're a sadist, Saint.  I told you I just sat there watching it for ten minutes one day.  >:D >:D  I want that skeleton to GO SOMEWHERE!  And, I want that smiley to DROP THAT EGG!!

Why can't everyone just do as I say? 

God.

Libra

Mr. Rasputia

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 21, 2006, 11:24:59 AM

Libra

I've been watching your dude since you mentioned it does reach its destination for the last 2hrs, let you know when it gets there ;)

holly222

Tara

The poor dudes walked so much he has no meat on his bones....and btw how do we know this is a dude?  ::)

Libra

Quote from: Tara on March 21, 2006, 01:16:34 PM
The poor dudes walked so much he has no meat on his bones....and btw how do we know this is a dude?  ::)

Hey, I said Dude (or Dudette).  And Saint?  Too many people are staring at your picture thingie.... I TOLD YOU it was hypnotic!  It wasn't ME LOSING IT along with my screenname!  I am NOT crazy!  Woo hoo!   O0 :D

You gotta name it, now.   :o

Libra 

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 21, 2006, 01:19:55 PM
Quote from: Tara on March 21, 2006, 01:16:34 PM

Hey, I said Dude (or Dudette).  And Saint?  Too many people are staring at your picture thingie.... I TOLD YOU it was hypnotic!  It wasn't ME LOSING IT along with my screenname!  I am NOT crazy!  Woo hoo!   O0 :D

You gotta name it, now.   :o

Libra 

LoL, I'm under too much pressure now... can't think of a real name for it yet. Maybe I can call it "Lindsey Lohan"... they look sorta alike!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview