PlayBuddy
September 10, 2024, 08:04:10 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

South Dakota bans most abortions

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Just wondering what the forum opinion is on this. Let's try to be civil everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if it's the wrong one. :P

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/06/sd.abortion/index.html

Myself, I am Pro-Choice. :D

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

SaintHiρρo

I too am Pro-Choice and glad that I don't live in South Dakota. Then again, I can't get pregnant but if my girlfriend did, it would be completely her choice to keep it.

moonshine

I am Pro Choice

my opinion is this will open the door to back alley abortions and unnessary deaths

bubblegum

I think what he is doing is wrong.  

Call me a fence sitter if ya'll want.......but I think that-

No woman takes having an abortion lightly as it is. To have or to not have an abortion totally depends on circumstances surrounding the pregnancy.  Even then its really up to the woman. I'm tottally for a woman giving the baby up for adoption but I also understand there is times when abortion is the better choice.  So keep abortion legal otherwise we'll force woman into some back alley somewhere where the end result will always result in really really bad things.

Libra

Quote from: Homer on March 06, 2006, 01:48:34 PM
Just wondering what the forum opinion is on this. Let's try to be civil everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if it's the wrong one. :P

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/06/sd.abortion/index.html

Myself, I am Pro-Choice. :D

Me too, Homer.

SI

I know they were talking about passing it as a "pending" law, since it violates Roe v. Wade.

Personally, I feel that it's a woman's choice.  However, *IMO* I disagree with using it as a form of birth control.

LastCall

Pro choice for sure
and guys I think we should stay out of it Let the women decide
   its there body not your's Would you like your Body decided  on <<by a women  And you know what I mean I dont think so  OUCH OUCH  :)) :))  just dont forget>>> Mrs.Bobbit :))

Thunder

I believe abortion is wrong. I personaly know a few ladys who get knocked up and thay run to get a abortion and thay don't care about useing birth control . there is adoption. as far as them going to a back alley and something going wrong welll how do thay think the baby felt when he or she was being yanked from her belley. abortion is being abused by to maney woman. and the woman who have a abortion in late tearm make me sick. this is just my  opinion

harley89

Remember Homer said be nice. I oppose abortion as birth control which is what it has become. A womans choice is whether or not she will risk pregancy. I think abortion is fine for rape or incest victims or threat to mothers life. But women take responsibilty for you actions. Have sex can result in baby. Use birth control not abortion

LastCall

your opinion is respected so should mine
I also agree with birth control  for both male and female
     it takes 2 to tango ;)

SaintHiρρo

I took oppose abortion as a form of birth control if you knew going in that you didn't have any type of protection. If you're on the pill, using a condom and did everything humanly possible to avoid it and you still somehow get pregnant, then I don't have a problem with abortion. Just using it as "oh, we can have fun tonight and I'll get it taken care of tomorrow or Friday"... that's just plain sick.

pogohatesme

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 06, 2006, 02:59:42 PM
I took oppose abortion as a form of birth control if you knew going in that you didn't have any type of protection. If you're on the pill, using a condom and did everything humanly possible to avoid it and you still somehow get pregnant, then I don't have a problem with abortion. Just using it as "oh, we can have fun tonight and I'll get it taken care of tomorrow or Friday"... that's just plain sick.

Those are my sentiments also.  As someone who is not ashamed to say that I take my pill religously everyday and my bf does use condoms everytime NO MATTER WHAT, if it were a complete accident then we would talk about it.  I'm only 24 but I know that we're both at a point in our lives, even after being together for 6 years now, that we don't want children now, if ever.  But if it should ever come up I do want the choice to do something about it.  I think it's even more important for women who have been raped or a victim of incest.  I also feel the same way about the "moring after" pill.  There is so much controversy over it, and it's a shame that they even need to make it except in the case of a rape or incest.  I think it's sad that women in the century can feel safe and comfortable to go have unprotected sex with just anyone they meet.

bra

I've heard if SD TOTALLY bans abortion, most likely within the next few years, it will be illegal in every state. In that case, more people will be dying and getting infections if they get an abortion. They use coat hangers and stuff that isnt wash.All contaminated. Gross if you think about it. Whats banning it gonna do? People are still going to find a way to get an abortion, but it will just be more dangerous.

harley89

Maybe the threat of death will make more women act responsbilite. I grew up when abortion was illegal. And I think the back street abortion story is way overplayed. because it was ilegal it didnt happen that often. Believe it or not a lot of women gave their babies up for adoption. The Florence Critteon(spelling is ?) Homes cared for unwed mothers. during their pregancy and counseled them then helped the with their final decsion. When abortion became legal the gates opened women didnt have to think anymore about what might happen. Of course I see a major breakdown in our country overall of people never accepting their actions. And that I believe is one of the rotten apples that is in the USA's barrel.  I will tell you I was 17 when I got pregnant.  My baby is now 34 I made the decision to raise my child not put her up for adoption. Was it easy NO But it was my job. I got pregnant.and I was raised to accept the result of my actions. It was the best decision I ever made. My daughter was 27 before she married had 2 college degrees. She learned from my story.     

Tara

I am Pro Choice on abortion also....I agree tho it should not be used for birth control....but in cases of rapes and incest well....thats another story...and maybe I shouldnt even go there so I will leave it at this.. :-X

LastCall

as a male I agree Tara
  I leave that up to the FEMALE BUT ON THE OTHER SUBJECTS I do agree 100%

tigereyes

People do need to use common sense when having sex. People should take responsibility for their actions. I don't believe abortions should be a form of birth control. If you accidently got pregnant then you could always put the baby up for adoption. Abortion would not be the answer for that. At least the child would have a good life. It's simple, if you don't want to risk getting pregnant use protection. There are alot of women out there having abortions left and right because they weren't careful, or just simply because they didn't want the baby. I think that's wrong. Sometimes there are circumstances surrounding the abortion, but even if that case it could have been put up for adoption.

nanners

I don't think it should be made 'easy' to get an abortion..
BUT..
MY body MY choice..

justahumping

I have a lady friend that her mother tried to use a coat hanger to 'take care' of that problem. She has had a lot of health and back problems all her life over that. I am not joking one bit either, this is a real story. I can not say that I can not say that I am for or against abortions.  You never know untill you are faced with the problem what you will do? I am just glad that I have never had to have that talk with one of my girl friends or my wife. However, I beleive that it is up to the woman.  I am old enough to remember hearing one of my mothers friends, who was an er nurse telling my mother all kinds of horror stories about women that had to get help at a 'real' hospital after a botched abortion. There was quite a few alley abortions going on in Arkansas when I was growing up from what I can remember.  Just that you never heard about them untill something went wrong.  I just do not want us to go back to having the alley abortions.  If a woman wants to get an abortion, she will get it, legal or not. sorry but that is just the way it is.  I just found out last week that I am going to be a grand pa again. This will be number 2 by this daugter and she is still not married. However, I can not live her life for her, she has to live her own life and I will stand behind her on what she desides to do and I will be here for her untill I die.  All I know is that if she does get an abortion, I hope and pray to God that it is by a doctor that knows what they are doing. Her body, her choice.

Libra

Quote from: nanners on March 07, 2006, 02:34:06 AM
I don't think it should be made 'easy' to get an abortion..
BUT..
MY body MY choice..

Exactly Nanners.  The South Dakota legislature is made up of 35 people, only two of which are women.  I'm sorry, but who is a man to tell me what to do with my reproductive organs?  Furthermore, this will be challenged in court  over and over, until it winds up in front of the Supreme Court, whose majority is now conservative men.  This is just a stepping stone to overturning Roe v. Wade.

If your going to get raped, Now is the time to do it, because if you get pregnant in the process, you're gonna have to have the kid... Or, if you have the money, fly to Canada. 

Libra

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview