Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

This makes me so angry....

Started by pogohatesme,

Previous topic - Next topic

pogohatesme

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/06/btsc.lavandrera.funerals/index.html

Please remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion so lets try to stay civil.  But this is where I stand:

Those soldiers are DYING so those IDIOTS can have free speech.  The fact that they use that free speech to desicrate the funeral of a fallen soldier makes me want to scream.  I have nothing against gays and lesbians.  I think it's great that these motorcyclists have formed a group to help "drown out" the sound of the protesters.  I think everyone should write to their local politicians to make sure they all think about passing legislation to ban protesting at funerals.

Tara

sheeeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....wow....it should be banned at funerals...this worlds never going to all agree on anything and theres always going to be the ones that live for the chaos in everything our society does...ty for sharing that article

Libra

Quote from: pogohatesme on March 06, 2006, 06:21:02 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/06/btsc.lavandrera.funerals/index.html

Please remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion so lets try to stay civil.  But this is where I stand:

Those soldiers are DYING so those IDIOTS can have free speech.  The fact that they use that free speech to desicrate the funeral of a fallen soldier makes me want to scream.  I have nothing against gays and lesbians.  I think it's great that these motorcyclists have formed a group to help "drown out" the sound of the protesters.  I think everyone should write to their local politicians to make sure they all think about passing legislation to ban protesting at funerals.

I am a firm believer in free speech.  That being said, I think others should excercise their right and join the Patriot Guard Riders today.  I did.  It's disgusting what Phelps and his group are doing.. Hiding behind Christianity, claiming to do "God's work."  PLEASE!  What a load of horse chit.

Mary

harley89

Totally disgusting.  God dosen't fare to well in his version of the Bible(there are 27 versions) I believe he may have created a new one. As for the motorcyclist RIDE ON BROTHERS. Over the years of riding I have found motorcycle riders to be very passionate about their causes. And some of them maybe should start attending services at the Rev church Bet that would prove interesting

justahumping

I just hope that this does NOT turn into another Viet Nam.  I remember all the so called "free speach"  that caused me so many fights when I got home.  Really tho, I was taught at a young age that your "free speach" STOPS when it hurts some one else. to this day, if I am driving and a funeral is approaching, I will stop my car and take my hat off until it passes.  What Phelps and his group are doing... is NOT  "God's work."   :(

bubblegum

yes we have the right to free speech....however we all should use common sense.  Yes those people have the right to protest the war, however I find it very insensitive and disgusting that they choose the funeral of a solider to do so.  Makes me sick.  I do support our troops, just not the cause.

butch1286

If the goverment  ***** paid attention to whats happening in the world and certain people (i'm not going to name names egh egh bush) we wouldn't be in a war that isn't helping anything but killing everyone. Hate has been around since the beginng and one way or  another stupid people are going  to get there bullsh*t heard. If only these idiots new how many of them who hate against are going and doing what they say is wrong. I say people should have free speech but it has a time and a place and someone's funeral  ( or anyone's funeral) who has fought for the right to free speech for those idiots , and the right to live as you choose and be free is not a place for it. Every one sh*ts the same way (unless you have a colostomy bag ,but you still crap) so as long as you aint  porkin on the street or selling drugs to kids and so forth good livin to ya.

PogoCrazyMomma

Quote from: bubblegum on March 07, 2006, 04:47:35 AM
yes we have the right to free speech....however we all should use common sense.  Yes those people have the right to protest the war, however I find it very insensitive and disgusting that they choose the funeral of a solider to do so.  Makes me sick.  I do support our troops, just not the cause.

I totally agree, throughout our history soldiers have fought for this country, if not we would still be owned by england, Free speech is a right that stems from our history, but I cannot understand why ppl take it too far if they are against the war, or homosexuals or whatever they want to protest, take it to washington, not to funerals of these poor soldiers who have given the ultimate sacrifice for their country, whether you support the war or not these men and woman deserve our respect and the families that have lost them deserve our compassion. We should not blame them for this, for it is not their fault, the fault lies within the government and the pres. for putting us there so these people should be protesting them not disrespecting funeral services.  I fully support our troops and respect what they are doing but I do not agree with the war I believe we were mislead... hmm have we found the nukes or Osama yet :o but we got rid of saddam which is what I believe is one of the real reasons we went to war. just my opinion though, which everyone here is entitled to give peacefully i hope.

harley89

Yes the right of free speech is ours. A freedom I have spoke out for guite ferquently. But it is the wrong place for. The more I have thought about it. The more I want to hook the Reverend up to my screaming eagles and rev the engine a few times.   I felt the same way when the soilders returning from Viet Nam were treated badly.  Troops are not politiicians and dont make policy. I know some would say that should refuse to go but then you have a military setting policy for this nation and Im not sure that is a great idea.
I taught my daughter to voice her opions to the people who made the choice not those charged with carrying it out. The rev needs to take it congress

Torn2pieces

It's sad. Talk about being judgemental of others and this man is a preacher.

I have to say, that this funeral was held in my town, this past Saturday. They had the bikers there and those are the ones I respect. Please, its the final resting spot for these soldiers who are given their lives for us. The whole thing really makes me sick. It's so sad :(

foxx

This is just an example of the radical right at its worst.

Do these people really believe that if they protest homosexuality and (ever present in my mind lately) a woman's right to choose, they will end up in Heaven?

I don't know what God they think they are worshiping, but the Christian God I learned about preached tolerance. 

Libra

Quote from: foxx on March 07, 2006, 08:13:54 AM

Do these people really believe that if they protest homosexuality and (ever present in my mind lately) a woman's right to choose, they will end up in Heaven?

I don't know what God they think they are worshiping, but the Christian God I learned about preached tolerance. 

Oh PLEASE Foxx!  Don't you get it??  You are NOT important to the radical right unless you're unborn or braindead.  The rest of us can go to hell in handbasket.... A high speed handbasket if you're a homosexual.  Bunch of freakin' hypocrites.

Libra
- Why do people kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?

bubblegum

A song right now is going thru my head-an old REM song.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine

foxx

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 07, 2006, 08:22:22 AM

Oh PLEASE Foxx!  Don't you get it??  You are NOT important to the radical right unless you're unborn or braindead.  The rest of us can go to hell in handbasket.... A high speed handbasket if you're a homosexual.  Bunch of freakin' hypocrites.

Libra
- Why do people kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?

LOL Libra...I get it, just making sure everyone else does! 

...I think if you look up the word hypocrite in the dictionary, you will actually find a picture of these idiots.  We are so afraid, thanks to this administration and the media, of radical Islam.  I am way more frightened of Radical Christianity.  They actually have an impact on policy.

Libra

Quote from: foxx on March 07, 2006, 08:27:50 AM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 07, 2006, 08:22:22 AM

Oh PLEASE Fox!  Don't you get it??  You are NOT important to the radical right unless you're unborn or braindead.  The rest of us can go to hell in handbasket.... A high speed handbasket if you're a homosexual.  Bunch of freaking hypocrites.

Libra

LOL Libra...I get it, just making sure everyone else does! 

...I think if you look up the word hypocrite in the dictionary, you will actually find a picture of these idiots.  We are so afraid, thanks to this administration and the media, of radical Islam.  I am way more frightened of Radical Christianity.  They actually have an impact on policy.

Oh girl, I know YOU get it... I just can't help but wax sarcastic when it comes to this subject.  Who was it that said if tyranny and opposition come to this land it would be disguised as fighting a foreign enemy?  Hmmm?  Oh, YEAH!  James Madison, one of this country's founding fathers.  Boy, what an epiphany he had, huh?

Lib

foxx

Libra

Quote from: foxx on March 07, 2006, 08:38:08 AM
Woman, you are smart as a whip. 

Why, thank you, ma'am.  I'm just a simple kuntry girl for Appalachia.   :o

Libra
PS.  I got out of the Appalachians fast, quick and in a hurry.
PSS.  You're one the brightest bulb in the chandelier, yourself.  8)

foxx

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 07, 2006, 08:48:08 AM
Quote from: foxx on March 07, 2006, 08:38:08 AM
Woman, you are smart as a whip. 

Why, thank you, ma'am.  I'm just a simple kuntry girl for Appalachia.   :o

Libra
PS.  I got out of the Appalachians fast, quick and in a hurry.
PSS.  You're one the brightest bulb in the chandelier, yourself.  8)

:-*

PogoCrazyMomma

exactly, these radicals seem to pick and choose out of the bible, let he who is without sin cast the first stone, I don't see them remembering that anywhere, who are they to decide what is right or wrong in God's eyes. Even if you believe that homosexuality is a sin since it is" in the bible" nobody should condem them or judge them as we have been taught "in the bible" that we (i am christian) should not judge , lest we be judged. We each have our beliefs but they shouldn't be doing things like disrepecting mourning family members and the burials of loved ones in God's name, these people to me are crazy if they think god would be happy with what they are doing.  I live my life the way I choose, when my time here on earth ends the only on that has a right to judge me is God himself. not these radicals, not the government trying to get involved with my body, my choices, my sins! going a little off topic here ,I am pro choice but I also believe abortion is a sin, but we should be able to have a right to do it and if I CHOOSE to have one that is between me and GOD not some men telling me what to do with my body cause of their religous beliefs. Sorry for goin OT I am still heated from what's goin on in SD. Just my opinion though, that's all nothing else, we are all free to believe what we want and support what we want but some like these people protesting at funerals go way way to far!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview