This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

genealogy

Started by Kelly,

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

Does anyone know a good free site to help me get started doing a family tree??

thanks a bunch

MommaT

Hi there :)

You can try Ancestry.com--some of the information is for free but some is only available by subscription.  Also there is www.rootsweb.com and www.familysearch.org .  Also try www.cyndislist.com this is a site that has links for just about anything you could want for genealogy.

If I can help in any way-just let me know

Momma T

Country Lady

Also the genealogy forums are a great help.  I've made some real finds by posting there.  People are so willing to help and share what they have.

pogohatesme

Quote from: KsArt on March 06, 2006, 07:49:00 AM
Does anyone know a good free site to help me get started doing a family tree??

thanks a bunch

I know you said your looking for free sites....but have you tried your local library too?  I know it's a bit more leg work than using the net...but here in Indiana our local city library and the huge state library in Indianapolis have huge areas devoted to it

Kelly

thanks everyone for your info and helpful tips I am sure i'll use them all...got the sites marked in favs....I am doing this because a lot of the older folks in our family are sadly passing away and I don't think anyone has done anything to document our family name so I decided it was a job for me....I prolly have NO idea what I am in for...lol....I luckily got my hands on an old bible that belonged to my great gramma who passed away and she thankfully wrote a bunch of names and who they were and stuff like that .....so thats where I am going to start and then I think I will just be visiting a few relatives who are still here with us and pick their brains for info....again thanks a bunch guys I really appreciate it!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview