Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Posting

Started by Runner,

Previous topic - Next topic

Runner

Hello

First I want to say I love this site and bh.  You all do a wonderful job.  But I must say, the post  "Updated and Current Versions of Autos- Tech Question for Homer" by Iwanttowin2 had some great points.  I noticed that once people started replying that they agreed that the "reply" button was cut off.

Like I said I love these sites. but this is a forum, why stop such a post?  I am just curious as no "brown-nosing" post would ever be deleted. I don't think that Iwantttowin2 was being critical at all, in fact just wanted to point out that it is very confusing for us.

It really is a huge waste of time to download something to find out which version it is. Putting the newer version number on the page only takes a few seconds.

Everybody keep up the wonderful work.

Runner

nightperson

yes the ppl at Bh and pc they do there best  spb.gif here looking at ya homer

foxx

:o  Its hard not to be intimidated by that post with that effing snake next to it!  Yikes!

hades

that snake is trying to take a bite out of foxx  >:D

Libra

Hey Foxx.. Did you see my mini?  I couldn't think of anything to say!!!!!

Libra

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 07, 2006, 12:43:40 PM

NEVERMIND!  First of all, that was supposed to be PM  :))

Second, I CHANGED THE EFFING THING! 

Lib
PS.  It did say, "At least I'm not holding effin' flwrs"  :)) :)) :))

BadgeBabe

Back to the subject.
Runner, I don't understand why BH would not want this forum to promote the products they have FOR SALE in the best way possible, and why PC would not want people to have a ready resource which helps posters with the posts like " My Spade Maid 2.8 isn't working" when there is a 3.0 out, but it's not happening.
I've decided that it's best just to let it go. That's probably why you got the replies which didn't address your post.  I'm really sorry that it is going this way.
No one profits in any way when everyone  can't put egos aside and work together.

Quote from: runner on March 07, 2006, 10:08:12 AM
Hello

First I want to say I love this site and bh.  You all do a wonderful job.  But I must say, the post  "Updated and Current Versions of Autos- Tech Question for Homer" by Iwanttowin2 had some great points.  I noticed that once people started replying that they agreed that the "reply" button was cut off.

Like I said I love these sites. but this is a forum, why stop such a post?  I am just curious as no "brown-nosing" post would ever be deleted. I don't think that Iwantttowin2 was being critical at all, in fact just wanted to point out that it is very confusing for us.

It really is a huge waste of time to download something to find out which version it is. Putting the newer version number on the page only takes a few seconds.

Runner

foxx

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 07, 2006, 12:45:13 PM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 07, 2006, 12:43:40 PM

NEVERMIND!  First of all, that was supposed to be PM  :))

Second, I CHANGED THE EFFING THING! 

Lib
PS.  It did say, "At least I'm not holding effin' flwrs"  :)) :)) :))

:))  nice...

Homer

Quote from: runner on March 07, 2006, 10:08:12 AM
Hello

Runner

The post was locked due to comments made by other posters that were uncalled for. They were deleted and the thread was locked by me. If you read the thread another poster posted the updated autos in the thread. I neither deleted the original topic nor the list of updates. No further comment is needed on this subject.

My issue with posting the updated versions is this... "If it ain't broke....don't fix it." Too many times people go and upgrade their auto and then whine in the forum because now it doesn't work. Then everyone wants to cry Homer....Homer....please help me.... Need I go on?

Just because a newer version of the auto is released does not mean that you should necessarily upgrade to it.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Runner

I understand Homer,

What do you think of this example:

My auto that normally works great stops working, all the sudden needs babysitting, or just works poorly. 

Do I:

A. Come in here and make a post on it, which in case everybody replies asking for my settings (which has nothing to do with it because it worked before and no setting was changed).  Wait for someone to actually post something that helps. IE "ohh you have the old version, there is a new one out"

B. Immediately go to BH site and see that it shows the newest version is the one I have (when in fact, I have an old version that has been updated 3 times)

C. When any auto has a problem, delete it and download what is on BH.

D. Go to BH and download under a different name, run it, test it and see which one works better, then delete the one that is the worst.

Now in my opinion all this time wasted could have been saved by just changing a couple numbers on a web page.

The news on BH is  always out of date, and I understand they are very busy, but we need to know, we pay big money for these programs.

It's just constructive criticism.  Nobody means any harm by this.  We just want the product to work.

It's the nature of this business, which I think sometimes people forget "this is a business".

Seems the auto makers are always being screwed with my POGO, which I am sure POGO does on purpose, and probably has people just to mess up the autos from BH.

I know BH must be stressing out all the time.

But we are here too, we pay for this stuff and just want a good product.

So if putting some numbers on a web page saves tons of people tons of time; why not do it.

Just my opinion

I also think that BH should be putting what you said on their site.  "IF YOU AUTO IS WORKING, DON'T DOWNLOAD THE NEWEST VERSION"

Should be a disclaimer when someone hits the button to download  "If your version works great, and you download the new one and it does not work; your SOL" :))

:))

Runner

(praying for a pop-fu upgrade)

Homer

If you are having problems with your auto and you choose to post in technical help you need to post your specs. Computer specs can change depending on the programs you use on your pc so it is important to make sure your settings are right that is why we ask for them. Numerous people have claimed their settings are ok only to find out after they've finally posted their settings that something simple like their smooth fonts are checked or they are trying to run in 16 bit color.

Making a post that reads "OMG my auto doesn't work." won't get you far. There are clear guidelines posted in technical help for requesting help. They are not there for the fun of it. They are there for a reason. A lot of people choose not to read those posts and then I have to fight them for their computer specs like they are some guarded military secret.

Once we have determined that your settings are correct you will be instructed to delete your current auto reboot your pc and redownload the auto again from BH. This will give you the latest version of the auto. If your auto still doesn't work after that you will be instructed to submit a SS to BH so the programmer can see what the problem may be. Some people are under the assumption that because they sent a SS to BH the programmer will reply right away. In most cases the programmer will not reply to your email. I'm sure they don't have the time. The information submitted via SS's are used for future releases of the software.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview