Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Updated and Current Versions of Autos- Tech Question for Homer

Started by BadgeBabe,

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgeBabe

Dear Homer,
I have been finding that some of my autos which are only a month old are not working well. Then, usually by accident, I discover that there is an updated version which wasn't posted anywhere on PogoCheats site and is not listed correctly on the BadgeHelp.com site either.

MANY of the screenshots of the helpers on BH are not showing current versions.

Is there a way that someone ( like me for instance) can post all the autos and versions I have, and we can keep the entire list updated here?

I know that the staff of BH is very busy fixing what Pogo broke all the time, and I would like to help get the word out about what current versions are in each program if possible.

Some, I will need help from you with, because I can't tell if I have the latest version without doing another download, which is not exactly how I want to manage my autos.
Kind of along the lines of " If it ani't broke, don't fix it". I don't want to download the same version I already have, and maybe have a glitch that I didn't have before ( it happens)  or have to re-register a lot of autos which are the same version  it if avoidable.

Would you mind if I post my version of all the currently available autos here?
I have the 150 package and I think all of the helpers, even when there are 2 for a single game.

Thank you very much. I am not complaining at all, I was very happy to find a new Montu.exe helper tonight, for example, and think that if we work together on this, we can probably avoid " technical questions' resulting from outdated auto versions.

I will wait for the OK before I post Helper app. versions. I don't want to overstep my boundaries. :)

Thank you!!
sp.gf

Homer

Everything you need is on the BH website. If your auto doesn't work go to BH and and download the latest version.

Posting this info here is only going to confuse those who have working versions and create a million questions.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

BadgeBabe

Hi, Homer,
No, BH doesn't have the latest info on several autos under the game list.

My post about Montu is an example. I found several more where the BH site says something like " Just released- Version 2.2" when we are already up to 3.0 and things like that.

If it is a secretive thing, I understand, but since this is related to Tech. Help, I would like to have a running updated file here on the latest version numbers.

As I said, I am sure that BH is too busy working on new Helper apps and things like that, but I can give examples of pages with incorrect version info and screenshots of the helper with a lower version number as well.
I've just been going through the Autos I use the most, and found several that have higher version numbers than what BH says.
I think it will help cure some of the problems attributed to non- functional autos if people stay informed on the latest versions of their autos don't you?

What I was going to do was make one post listing the games just like BH has them listed, and put each auto and version number beside it.
Then, if something is updated, that version number can be changed.

It could be a very good reference guide if it's kept up to date and in one location here, couldn't it?

Thanks! :)

BadgeHelpOscar

I do get behind on what the latest version is on the site. There are days when versions are flying everywhere it's hard to tell what is what. What I can tell you is the best thing to do is when you get a good working copy, SAVE it to your hard drive and even a back up and always use that. If you restore your computer you can always get your code replaced.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

Homer

While Oscar may not have had a chance to update his web page the updated auto is there even if it isn't indicated on the page.

Just because there is a newer version out doesn't mean people should upgrade to it. If your auto works keep it. There is no need to upgrade it. You may find yourself upgrading to a version that may not work.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Gecko

personly i think it would just create more  threads  ,  and poor oscar ,  homer , mayhem would be running around all over the forum trying to keep up  with the other threads it would create   b  spreading around all parts of the forum like browns cows   . pls no offence ment by my opinion. :-X

fancyfreefeet

I agree that something should be posted since it is not noted on the BH site or within the description of the program what that version is.   I have a backup of all the older versions just in case the update does not work.  For the most part the updates do work for me.  But would be nice if there was a thread to keep us updated as different autos get updated.  Just keep the thread locked where you don't get replies and keep it just for the updates as they happen.   

Just like spademaid, it has been updated so many times, didnt know about it until I read it about it in other places.  So I agree that we need to be kept informed better of any updates.  I have all the updates so far,  but every day it seems like something gets updated because of pogo changes.   

nightperson

i agree keep oscar and them very busy poor guys but that pogo for ya but they always make the auto better then ever thanks guys keep up the good work use up the spade 2.8 spades but going to wait till it is up to power then will get it

badgemad

these are the autos i have but not sure they are upto date so here goes.
tiderider 1.3
starsweeper 1.1
whompster 1.1
thunderpopper 2.5
pop phooey 2.1 <<<< needs an upgrade so it does the later levels eg the gates
shakin bake 1.3
texas roundup 1.5
penguin bobber 1.2

if any of these have been updated then please let me know O0

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

BigTim

:o You can't seriously expect these kind folks here to give you a personal list of updates to your autos!  Just go to badgehelp - click on the auto and see for YOURSELF whether or not it has been updated.  :o

Mary

badgemad

Quote from: BigTim on March 05, 2006, 12:45:35 PM
:o You can't seriously expect these kind folks here to give you a personal list of updates to your autos!  Just go to badgehelp - click on the auto and see for YOURSELF whether or not it has been updated.  :o
you meen redownload it only to find out it is the same version then to bother those kind people at BH for another code  :-\

badgemad

Thanks mayhem and mama for your help  spb.gif spb.gif spb.gif

~Ãutolovér~

Quote from: Homer on March 05, 2006, 04:48:06 AM
While Oscar may not have had a chance to update his web page the updated auto is there even if it isn't indicated on the page.

Just because there is a newer version out doesn't mean people should upgrade to it. If your auto works keep it. There is no need to upgrade it. You may find yourself upgrading to a version that may not work.

I totally agree....."If it ain't broke don't fix it"   ::) I learnt that if an auto is working well then leave it alone lol.....many times I have D/L the latest auto( Just cause I wanted the latest version 8)) to find it doesn't work or the code changed  :o  >:( Happy Autoing  O0.....If thats a word  :))

Ps: Spell check says it is  :P

BadgeBabe

OK, some of you misundersstood my post ( why am I surprised?)
We are a community of posters. We are here, for the most part, to help each other play games well and with the excellent help of both PCand BH.

I admire and respect the people at BH and PC immensely, especially the people smart enough to keep changing auto helper programs as fast and efficiently as they do.
I wanted to HELP THEM do one thing which couldn't be a high priority for them and which WOULD help all of us at one time or another.

Here's what I found out this weekend and why I suggested making a list of versions of all the Agents and putting them on one page in one file accessible to all:
I played Spades with the only auto I thought was out for Spades and it automatically bet (1) for me in every game. It took forever to either win or lose and progress in badge ranks.
Lo and behold, I happened to stumble upon a newly released version of Spade Maed. ( updated within the past week).
It calculates the bid correctly for you and plays a lot smoother, in some ways.

Likewise, the Montu Agent. It  is now different and it WORKS. I haven't ever played Battle Phlinx until yesterday when I found the new Battle Phlinx Montu helper because Pogo had changed the game and the versions out wouldn't work. Did you know there was a new version out?
It's a complicated game, and I am sure the auto fix took a lot of work.

I am not using caps to scream, but because my settings are not friendly with the bold font here:

MY INTENT WAS SIMPLY TO HAVE A READY REFERENCE FOR PEOPLE TO GO TO AND SEE ALL THE VERSIONS OF THE AUTOS LISTED as they currently exist.
WHEN THEY ARE UPDATED, THAT NUMBER CAN BE PM''D TO THE BOARD ADMINISTRATOR AND IT COULD BE CHANGED ON THE MASTER LIST.

ONE LIST- THAT'S ALL, POSTED ONE TIME.

I don't know if some of you know this or not, but there is NO way to tell if you have the latest version of most autos without deleting and reinstalling the current download from BH. Like Homer said, it might be better and it might not be ( The Spade Maid  new version counts my bids correctly, but stops after each game so I have to restart the next game by clicking OK. It's  not a play wihile you sleep version like the previous one was, but there was no way to know until I downloaded it).

I think the staff at both BadgeHelp.com and PogoCheats.com have done a great job with thier websites, and my post IS NOT INTENDED TO BE CRITICAL IN ANY WAY.

It was an IDEA to create a SPREADSHEET of the current versions of helper autos.
IMO, there has to be a reason something is updated to a newer version.
They don't revamp these things for the sheer fun of it, but to improve functionality, badge rank progress and compatibility issues on Pogo.

Now, could we all please play nice and stop calling people " lazy" or insinuating that I was asking ANYONE to do ANYTHING except READ?

I offered to gather the info for every game, and every auto for the games and post it.
Then, as updates come up, a VERSION NUMBER could be modified in the list by one of the forum administrators.

Why anyone thinks this would not be helpful is a mystery to me.
I give up. I am not here to argue, and I honestly thought this would be a worthy project for every person who uses BH's Helper Auto programs.

To the people who were polite, and have understood what I was offering to do ( and asked permission before doing), A MILLION THANKS!!

nightperson

i see your point and yes i would say that would help out alot i dont think i said anything out of the way but you are right on that subject i think they will think bout it since there has been alot post on the topic

Mary

fancyfreefeet

I totally agree with you IWant.  You made a clear point on this.  I had somewhat suggested something similar to this but got no response.   I take my hat off to this team who makes these programs for us.  I got through the list every once in awhile to just see if there are any updates and they are not always posted within the description of the auto.  A few months ago, I had restored my computer and it had been awhile since I updated my programs and went through and updated them.  I come across several of them that had been updated and there was no mention of them being updated here on this forum.  It was the ones for the different video poker games.  Since a lot of these descriptions dont indicate what the most current version is, it is a nuisance to go thru each and every program just to see if it has been updated.   Like you say, if the admin on this site would just indicate the version number next to the program on the download site here, we would see it here and then get the updated version.  I had no idea that Montu had been updated until I read it here. 

fancyfreefeet

I just went through all these programs again just to make sure I have all the updates.  I came across Aces and Eights V 3.2.