Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

java problems

Started by honus4ever,

Previous topic - Next topic

honus4ever

Hi, can anyone help me having problems with sun java loading. when i try to play a game the applet loads but thats all it does. I don't get the game or anything. I deleted it and downloaded again, it does the same thing. All I get is Please wait loading :'(. 1/2 hr i'm still waiting. running windows xp. my computer is 1 wk old today brand new.  :-[ can u help me please!!!! I want to play pogo Games and get my badges for this wk.

nightperson

have you tried any other java to see if that works does all game in there do that

Homer

Quote from: honus4ever on March 10, 2006, 07:25:06 PM
Hi, can anyone help me having problems with sun java loading. when i try to play a game the applet loads but thats all it does. I don't get the game or anything. I deleted it and downloaded again, it does the same thing. All I get is Please wait loading :'(. 1/2 hr i'm still waiting. running windows xp. my computer is 1 wk old today brand new.  :-[ can u help me please!!!! I want to play pogo Games and get my badges for this wk.

Pogo seems to be having java issues. Some games are prompting new file downloads when you go to play them.

You might try doing the following and going back and trying again.

While your at it first clear your cache by going to

Tools
Internet Options
General Tab
Delete Files
Click OK to the popup and it will begin removing the files.

When that is done click the button next to it that says Settings

Click on View Objects
A window will open that shows your pogo game files.
Find the one for the game you are having issues with and right click the file and left click on the Remove option.
This will remove your current game files.
Close this window and click ok to close any open popups.

For good measure reboot your pc then go back to pogo and try again.

When you go back to pogo you should get a popup to reinstall the game files when you try to play the game again. You want to do that so click ok or whatever the command is that pops up.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

honus4ever

yes i have tried the msvm java and it happens with all the games and just not pogo there is another site that i play and the java does the same thing. :-[

Homer

Don't know what to tell you. My games work fine after installing the files when prompted. Have you tried the pogo help section? This appears to be affecting more than a few people. Maybe they have further instructions there.

honus4ever

ok when i looked at the objects all it had was java was installed there were no pogo games installed in the objects part. also when the applet comes up it didn't ask me to install anything. it used long time ago but now it doesn't. it just goes to the applet window.

Homer

LastCall

I was in a room playing  when someone said they were having problems with pogo and Java
they could not get in a room what is this something new with SUNJAVA ?

Homer

It's pretty obvious that pogo is having issues. Guess we'll just have to wait until things get sorted out although I am not having any difficulty so far. My only problem was invisible squelchies the other day and they had it fixed pretty quickly.

LastCall

No problems here either
   and I do not have SUNJAVA  :)

rogueflorida

Here's what I did. I purchased Jigsaw 6.3, and I love it.  But then Pogo kept giving me CRIPES.. so..

I uninstalled both MSJVM and Sun Java totally.  Then I downloaded a free registry cleaner called Abrexo (I think.. close to it).. and after MAKING A BACKUP.. gutted the registry of all the old garbage.

Rebooted, reinstalled Sun and MSJVM.. and now 6.3 is solving the puzzles on fast setting in about 2 mins!

Hope this might help someone..

Bree

Good advice Rogue and welcome to the forum... :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview