Previous topic - Next topic

foxx

Very well said Pogocrazymomma...very well said.   :D

Bree

All I want to say is.....

nightperson

that make me really ill i want to up chuck my dinner

bubblegum

theres also a passage in the bible to for all ya bible thumpers out there that says something to the effect judge not least ye be judged and let those without sin cast the first stone

SI

Why is it that we, as a society, are eager and willing to distinguish the radical elements of other religions, yet when it comes to Christianity, all are lumped together as "bible-thumpers?"  I should say, the media portrays it in that manner, and most tow the line.  That's just as derogatory a term as any.

It's everyones personal decision to decide what they believe in, if they decide to believe in anything, and make peace with their choice.

Yes, I am a practicing Orthodox Christian.  My religious views are my own.  I don't impose them on others, nor do I expect others to impose their views on me.  But to demonize all Christians because of the actions of a few?

Homer

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 10, 2006, 07:19:15 PM
Why is it that we, as a society, are eager and willing to distinguish the radical elements of other religions, yet when it comes to Christianity, all are lumped together as "bible-thumpers?"  I should say, the media portrays it in that manner, and most tow the line.  That's just as derogatory a term as any.

It's everyones personal decision to decide what they believe in, if they decide to believe in anything, and make peace with their choice.

Yes, I am a practicing Orthodox Christian.  My religious views are my own.  I don't impose them on others, nor do I expect others to impose their views on me.  But to demonize all Christians because of the actions of a few?

I agree. I have my own views on religion. I don't expect people to agree with my choices but by the same token I don't want to be chastised for my choices. They are my personal choices and each individual has to live with the choices they make in life.

Unfortunately in society the actions of the few wind up influencing the opinions of the masses. There are good and bad in everything in life. Religion, people/races, politics/government etc. The thing that makes democracy great in my opinion is that we have the freedom to choose what we believe. This does not hold true in many places in the world. Free choice is something every human being should be entitled to.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

nightperson

foxx

Take the word Christian out...replace it with Muslims...Welcome to the United States of Fear. 

SI

Quote from: foxx on March 11, 2006, 07:23:45 AM

Take the word Christian out...replace it with Muslims...Welcome to the United States of Fear. 

What individual people may think or feel is one thing.  The media (that one-stop source that unfortunately molds the thoughts and beliefs of the masses), for the most part, does everything in it's power to differentiate between the general Islamic populace and their radical aspects.  And I wholeheartedly agree with them.  That is the right thing to do.  I just wish that they would give the same consideration to the rest of us.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview