Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

stupid question

Started by kim23il,

Previous topic - Next topic

kim23il

Hi all I was wanting to know ... does AOL cost anything? Does it bill you phone extra charges? I have dsl thru my local phone  company. I was interested in another club name, then I noticed it's $34.99 a year now. Isn't it only $19.99 for AOL members?  Thanks sp.gf

wattsmyname

Yes AOL cost you money.  It would be cheaper just to pay the 34.99

hades

bubblegum

if you get aol...I will say welcome to aol hell for ya

crankycook

I don't use aol, but do have another account, using an aol e-mail. if you have aim messenger, you have an aol e-mail, not sure if this helps or not.

hades

aol may not be that good.but to me i think its far better then msn,netscape,net zero and all them crappy lil ones  :)

HypnotizedMind

dont get anything through aol... AOL SUX!!!! >:(

SaintHiρρo

Simple way around this. Sign up for AOL using the free whatever time it gives you. During that time, sign up for Club Pogo using AOL. I believe they're still giving AOLers the $19.95 a year rate but I might be wrong. If they are, then you'll only pay $19.95 and you can then cancel AOL before your trial period is up. So you'll get a chance to sign up for Club Pogo at a cheaper rate and get some free time thru AOL. Of course, if they're no longer giving AOLers the discount, then it's a waste of time!

SI

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 13, 2006, 12:28:47 AM
Simple way around this. Sign up for AOL using the free whatever time it gives you. During that time, sign up for Club Pogo using AOL. I believe they're still giving AOLers the $19.95 a year rate but I might be wrong. If they are, then you'll only pay $19.95 and you can then cancel AOL before your trial period is up. So you'll get a chance to sign up for Club Pogo at a cheaper rate and get some free time thru AOL. Of course, if they're no longer giving AOLers the discount, then it's a waste of time!

Before going down this road, ask yourself this: is it worth saving $10-15 going through the hassle of trying to get AOHell to cancel your trial period?  I know people that attempted to cancel within 1-3 weeks of starting the free trial, and all of them ended up getting charges on their CC.  Granted, this was back when they required a CC to sign up; I don't know if that has changed.  Eventually the charges were removed, but talk about s***ty business practices!

Libra

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 13, 2006, 07:34:46 AM
Quote from: SaintHippo on March 13, 2006, 12:28:47 AM

Before going down this road, ask yourself this: is it worth saving $10-15 going through the hassle of trying to get AOHell to cancel your trial period?  I know people that attempted to cancel within 1-3 weeks of starting the free trial, and all of them ended up getting charges on their CC.  Granted, this was back when they required a CC to sign up; I don't know if that has changed.  Eventually the charges were removed, but talk about s***ty business practices!

Well, I've had FREE AOL for years.  I call to cancel, they give me three months free.  I call to cancel at the end of three months, I get a few more free months.  I like AOL.  I like the features and I LOVE the email. I've had the account for 14 years.  But that's just me.  OH, yeah, it's $34.99 for AOLer's now.

Libra

bubblegum

wow.....when you call to cancel are you really nice to them or you really pissed at them?

pogohatesme

Unless you buy the Club Membership......AOL'ers only get to play like 5 diff. club games a month now

TmT

Quote from: kim23il on March 12, 2006, 03:48:05 PM
Hi all I was wanting to know ... does AOL cost anything? Does it bill you phone extra charges? I have dsl thru my local phone  company. I was interested in another club name, then I noticed it's $34.99 a year now. Isn't it only $19.99 for AOL members?  Thanks sp.gf

AOL cost 9.99 a month "IF" you get the subscription called " AOL BROADBAND"... I know... thats what I paid... thats what I have... and 'IF" they deduct that monthly payment via your credit card... if you pay for it by another method its more.  9.99 +19.99 =29.98

Libra

Quote from: bubblegum on March 13, 2006, 07:54:05 AM
wow.....when you call to cancel are you really nice to them or you really pissed at them?

Naw, just tell them I don't want it anymore, I another ISP.  I'm not mean but I'm not azz kissy, either. 

My renewal last June was $19.99 for automatically charging my credit card.  I'll let y'all know when it comes up in  a couple of months how much it is.

Lib

TmT

my bad... it is 34.99 for new aol members... the 19.99 is only for previous members...  when I renewed all my accounts (3) it was 19.99 per account

Libra

Quote from: Tokenstokenstokens on March 13, 2006, 09:09:51 AM
my bad... it is 34.99 for new aol members... the 19.99 is only for previous members...  when I renewed all my accounts (3) it was 19.99 per account

Well, $19.99 or $34.99, it's still cheap, fun fiilled family entertainment!  (Libra rolls eyes) ::)

Libra

bubblegum

chepaer than going to the movies. At 34.99 its about 10 cents a day.

Tara

Quote from: bubblegum on March 13, 2006, 09:13:48 AM
chepaer than going to the movies. At 34.99 its about 10 cents a day.

So it cost me 10 cents a day to cheat?   :)) :))

bubblegum

hhhmmm...not sure...10 bucks divided by 352 days is like 2 cents a day to run the auto...

Tara

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview