Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Mobile - General Info & Badges

Started by SaintHiρρo,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

Whoo hoo, finished all my Word Whomp Mobile badges. Played the hard level for my last couple of badges and went by really quickly. Going to finish Tri-Peaks (1 badge) before going back to Harvest Mania (4 badges). Maybe I can finish them all before any new Mobile games come out!

SI

Some more mobile badges to look forward to (sorry if they're dupes; I did a search, but didn't see anything):

Squelchies Mobile

World Class Solitaire Mobile

Also in the works: Tumble Bees Mobile & Quick Quack Mobile.

wattsmyname

Thanks for posting  DJ_SI

I am going to have to get a cell phone soon or I will never get caught up on the Mobil badges. :-X

wattsmyname

Quote from: wattsmyname on March 01, 2006, 01:33:41 PM
Thanks for posting DJ_SI

I am going to have to get a cell phone soon or I will never get caught up on the Mobil badges. :-X

What the heck just happened? I did the above reply to this thread hit post and now the font size on the entire Pogo cheats web site is much smaller. Lots of them I can't even read.

Help
Marjorie

ClingFree

Quote from: wattsmyname on March 01, 2006, 02:10:20 PM
Quote from: wattsmyname on March 01, 2006, 01:33:41 PM
Thanks for posting DJ_SI

What the heck just happened? I did the above reply to this thread hit post and now the font size on the entire Pogo cheats web site is much smaller. Lots of them I can't even read.

Help
Marjorie

If Its IE ... View ... Text Size .. Play with it to get it where it was ... Mine does it sometimes when it feels like messin with me!!

wattsmyname

StrawberrySoda

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 01, 2006, 12:14:27 PM
Some more mobile badges to look forward to (sorry if they're dupes; I did a search, but didn't see anything):

Any word on whether they are going to expand the cell phones the mobile badges will be available to? I only saw Verizon, wrote and asked about if anything is coming out for Nextel--what I have--and heard nothing back from them :-\

Helen

Quote from: StrawberrySoda on March 01, 2006, 10:15:44 PM
Quote from: DJ_SI on March 01, 2006, 12:14:27 PM

Any word on whether they are going to expand the cell phones the mobile badges will be available to? I only saw Verizon, wrote and asked about if anything is coming out for Nextel--what I have--and heard nothing back from them :-\

I also called and wrote Sprint and they want me to buy their games.....lol. I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!

SI

Actually, it's just a matter of time for the carriers to come to terms with Pogo, IF they are interested.  Since they currently have the games available for Cingular (which uses Mobile Java/Java Lite) and Verizon (which uses WML), the formats are already there.  The GSM-based carriers (Cingular, T-Mobile) run the Javas, while CDMA carriers (Verizon, Sprint, U.S. Cellular, Alltel) use WML.

For you Sprint and Nextel users, IMO I wouldn't count on anything, at least for a good while.
    * When Sprint upgraded to their 3G network a few years back, they invested a LOT of money into offering "wireless entertainment."  That's why they have the largest selection of downloadable content of any wireless provider.  They may not want the added competition.
    * Nextel/Boost is a wildcard.  I've seen a few Nextel phones that have the Java applet buit-in (mainly the higher-end phones).  Even though they merged with Sprint at the corporate level, I believe that they still operate on the iDEN/TDMA network; I don't know enough about it to speculate whether or not the network can support the games.  Especially considering the funky packet-burst transmission method that they use.

simpsons99

so far i can only get Tri-peaks for my cell ..  I wish they would make things even with all phone models  :(

Helen

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 01, 2006, 10:39:26 PM

Actually, it's just a matter of time for the carriers to come to terms with Pogo, IF they are interested.  Since they currently have the games available for Cingular (which uses Mobile Java/Java Lite) and Verizon (which uses WML), the formats are already there.  The GSM-based carriers (Cingular, T-Mobile) run the Javas, while CDMA carriers (Verizon, Sprint, U.S. Cellular, Alltel) use WML.

For you Sprint and Nextel users, IMO I wouldn't count on anything, at least for a good while.
    * When Sprint upgraded to their 3G network a few years back, they invested a LOT of money into offering "wireless entertainment."  That's why they have the largest selection of downloadable content of any wireless provider.  They may not want the added competition.
    * Nextel/Boost is a wildcard.  I've seen a few Nextel phones that have the Java applet buit-in (mainly the higher-end phones).  Even though they merged with Sprint at the corporate level, I believe that they still operate on the iDEN/TDMA network; I don't know enough about it to speculate whether or not the network can support the games.  Especially considering the funky packet-burst transmission method that they use.

Even though that all sounded like Greek to me, you seem to know quite a lot and I'll highly regard your opinion and just forget about Sprint getting the games for a longgggggggg time, lol.
Thanks for all the info, it's greatly appreciated.

SI

Lol well thank you, always glad to be of assistance sp.gf  I worked my way through college at an electronics retailer.  Let's just say that wireless phones were one of our three major business facets.

Snarechick

Quoteso far i can only get Tri-peaks for my cell ..  I wish they would make things even with all phone models 

Ditto.  I have Tri-Peaks and Poppit on one phone (finshed 21 first but can't find it on the games list anymore anyway), and Harvest on my new phone.  Who knows if I'll be able to get any of the others with either phone, or the other phone on my calling plan.  I can't wait to finish Tri-Peaks....one percent each game is BRUTAL! :o

Helen

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 02, 2006, 09:58:51 AM
Lol well thank you, always glad to be of assistance sp.gf  I worked my way through college at an electronics retailer.  Let's just say that wireless phones were one of our three major business facets.

LOL, that's no surprise with all you know about the cell phone companies.  sp.gf Hats off to you.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Snarechick on March 02, 2006, 11:43:58 AM
I can't wait to finish Tri-Peaks....one percent each game is BRUTAL! :o

0.4% per game to final badge...  :))

Homer

I'm in no rush for my mobile badges. I just can't see sitting around for countless hours actually playing the games. What I do is play one game of each daily. Eventually I'll get the badges but I'm just not gonna go out of my way for them.

I need....

2 more in HM
2 more in TP
2 more in WW

The following I don't have access to yet.  :'(

Poopit
WCS
Squelchies

I completed T21. That was easy.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Homer on March 02, 2006, 12:03:02 PM
I'm in no rush for my mobile badges. I just can't see sitting around for countless hours actually playing the games. What I do is play one game of each daily. Eventually I'll get the badges but I'm just not gonna go out of my way for them.

I need....

2 more in HM
2 more in TP
2 more in WW

The following I don't have access to yet.  :'(

Poopit
WCS
Squelchies

I completed T21. That was easy.

WCS and Squelchies isn't out yet but I'm sure just viewing those will hurt the eyes like no other mobile game! Can't wait for "Jigsaw Mobile"  :))

Homer

Bite Your Tongue!!!  :P

It's hard enough reading the numbers on the card games. Could you imagine trying to piece together a 40 piece puzzle on a 2"x3" screen?  :o

I wonder what pogo does for vision impaired people with the mobile games/badges. With the browser based games you can adjust your resolution but you have no choice on a cell phone. I'm sure there are some people that would like to get the mobile badges but simply can't because of the screen size.

It would be great if there was an adapter that you put in the end of your phone and connect to your pc via a USB port. That way you could see it on your monitor.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

pogohatesme

StrawberrySoda

Thank you DJ SI for your specific answer to my question. I'm sorry it took me so long to reply back. I'm a brunette that's a ditz at times, what can I say? :D

My Nextel phone does have the Java applet built in, so I am wondering, with your knowledge, can the Pogo games be possibly coming to, say, a download site where I can download them from my phone? Or is it exclusive to Pogo, though we all know "exclusive" is hardly such these days. Just a thought. Thanks in advance for any light you or anyone else can shed on the subject. :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview