Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Where Did Jeeves Go?

Started by SaintHiρρo,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

I know this completely off topic so I thought this was the prefect place to add this but did anyone else notice that Jeeves from Ask.com (or AskJeeves.com) has left? I thought maybe an image wasn't loading so I typed in "Where Did Jeeves Go?" and they gave me a legit response. I'm truly sad to see this icon of 10 years (was it really that long) gone now. I remember asking about Jeeves' sexuality because a friend told me they had a legit answer for that too. Kinda sad day for me even though I'm probably the last person to notice he was gone since most people don't use "AskJeeves" as much as they did in the past.

Ok, now back to my regularly scheduled running of autos!

Tara

I think Google kidnapped him...but then again thats just what I heard at the water cooler the other day

bubblegum

Homer

I kicked Jeeve's ass!!!  :P

It's now Ask Homer!  :P

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Homer on March 14, 2006, 04:49:06 PM

LoL, that solved my question. See ya jeeves, it was nice knowing you. All hail, Homer... king of the losers (oops, that's an AOE saying)

pogohatesme

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 14, 2006, 04:43:40 PM
I know this completely off topic so I thought this was the prefect place to add this but did anyone else notice that Jeeves from Ask.com (or AskJeeves.com) has left? I thought maybe an image wasn't loading so I typed in "Where Did Jeeves Go?" and they gave me a legit response. I'm truly sad to see this icon of 10 years (was it really that long) gone now. I remember asking about Jeeves' sexuality because a friend told me they had a legit answer for that too. Kinda sad day for me even though I'm probably the last person to notice he was gone since most people don't use "AskJeeves" as much as they did in the past.

Lol I remember when it first came out the thing to do was ask it stupid questions lol....now ususally use google or yahoo....so I didn't realize he was gone either

Tara

lvdust72

Libra

Homer,

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Thanks,
Libra

Libra

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 14, 2006, 04:43:40 PM

Hippo.... Jeeves got a job in Antartica.. You know?  At Bob's restaurant?  He's that snooty looking waiter in Penguin Blocks!  :)) :)) :))

Back to my regularly scheduled trying to act like I'm working but really wondering about how much that woodchuck could chuck if he could chuck.

hades

lol homer youre too much  :P

and i use google a lot too.

Tara

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 15, 2006, 01:20:37 PM

Back to my regularly scheduled trying to act like I'm working but really wondering about how much that woodchuck could chuck if he could chuck.

Let me find my rocket scientest glasses  ::)  ok then heres ur answer

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

The answer to this age old question has perplexed people for eons.

Part of the reason the question is so difficult to answer is that the amount of wood that woodchucks would chuck on a given day varies greatly with the seasons and with the metabolisms of any individual woodchuck.

Modern internet technology has advanced to the point that we can reliably monitor the amount a woodchuck chucks in real time.

The results of this monitoring are shown below.  Please note that the numbers vary due to the dispositions of the woodchucks involved.

Attention: Woodchucks don't chuck unless you use Microsoft Internet Explorer as your browser.... Netscape scares them.

Average amount of wood a woodchuck would chuck in a given day 375
butt cords of wood.

Median amount of wood a woodchuck could chuck in a given hour 557
butt cords of wood.

Record high for woodchuck wood chucking of   butt cords 589
was attained on .6 - 15 -1996

(NOTE: the above tabulations take into account that woodchuks chuck no wood on
February second, in observance of ground hog day.)

Libra

Quote from: Tara on March 15, 2006, 01:26:03 PM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 15, 2006, 01:20:37 PM

Let me find my rocket scientest glasses  ::)  ok then heres ur answer

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

The answer to this age old question has perplexed people for eons.

Part of the reason the question is so difficult to answer is that the amount of wood that woodchucks would chuck on a given day varies greatly with the seasons and with the metabolisms of any individual woodchuck.

Modern internet technology has advanced to the point that we can reliably monitor the amount a woodchuck chucks in real time.

The results of this monitoring are shown below.  Please note that the numbers vary due to the dispositions of the woodchucks involved.

Attention: Woodchucks don't chuck unless you use Microsoft Internet Explorer as your browser.... Netscape scares them.

Average amount of wood a woodchuck would chuck in a given day 375
butt cords of wood.

Median amount of wood a woodchuck could chuck in a given hour 557
butt cords of wood.

Record high for woodchuck wood chucking of   butt cords 589
was attained on .6 - 15 -1996

(NOTE: the above tabulations take into account that woodchuks chuck no wood on
February second, in observance of ground hog day.)

Uhhh.  thanks?  :)) :)) :))

SaintHiρρo

Average amount of wood a woodchuck would chuck in a given day 375 butt cords of wood.

Median amount of wood a woodchuck could chuck in a given hour 557 butt cords of wood.

See, this is a clear example of how using Internet Explorer is wrong. I went to to the same website were we were allowed to monitor them but I used Firefox. They were quite pleased to see that no holes in the system and didn't have anything to worry about. At which time, the numbers are amazingly much higher:

Average amount of wood a woodchuck would chuck in a given day 895 butt cords of wood.

Median amount of wood a woodchuck could chuck in a given hour 1257 butt cords of wood.

It's amazing how much more work can be done with a much more reliable source!

Tara

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 15, 2006, 01:28:58 PM

So what are you saying you really didn't want to know?  :)) :))  Im just playing...but I figured I would answer for Homer cuz he probably will be busy watching American Idol result show tonite and won't have time for this  :)) :))

ClingFree

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 15, 2006, 01:30:54 PM

Average amount of wood a woodchuck would chuck in a given day 375 butt cords of wood.

Median amount of wood a woodchuck could chuck in a given hour 557 butt cords of wood.

See, this is a clear example of how using Internet Explorer is wrong. I went to to the same website were we were allowed to monitor them but I used Firefox. They were quite pleased to see that no holes in the system and didn't have anything to worry about. At which time, the numbers are amazingly much higher:

Average amount of wood a woodchuck would chuck in a given day 895 butt cords of wood.

Median amount of wood a woodchuck could chuck in a given hour 1257 butt cords of wood.

It's amazing how much more work can be done with a much more reliable source!

Umm .. okay Ive heard of a cord of wood .. but never a butt cord ... Its bringing up a visual that Id rather not eva have again!!!

Libra

Quote from: Tara on March 15, 2006, 01:41:53 PM

So what are you saying you really didn't want to know?  :)) :))  Im just playing...but I figured I would answer for Homer cuz he probably will be busy watching American Idol result show tonite and won't have time for this  :)) :))

Honestly?  I wasn't expecting an answer.  Y'all blow me away sometimes!  :))

Libra

Tara

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 15, 2006, 01:53:55 PM

Libra

Trust me I would not even begin to know anything about that...I was just bored and put that in google and lo and behold it had a answer  :))

Homer

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 15, 2006, 01:14:37 PM

Homer,

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Thanks,
Libra

Answer:

As much wood as a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood.  :))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Libra

Quote from: Tara on March 15, 2006, 01:55:23 PM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 15, 2006, 01:53:55 PM

Libra

Trust me I would not even begin to know anything about that...I was just bored and put that in google and lo and behold it had a answer  :))

I was starting to feel intellectually inferior.. Not that I felt superior before, it's just that I saw that answer, and I'm like, God, does she really know that or make it up?  I mean, even if you did make it up, I would still feel inferior as I could have never pulled that off (even with a butt cord) and so.. hence the feelings of inferiority.  

You know what?  Next time I'll just ask Jeeve's.  He's at Bob's, waiting tables.

Libra

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview