PlayBuddy
August 12, 2024, 06:44:06 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

1st traffic ticket EVER!!!

Started by Kelly,

Previous topic - Next topic

missminimouse

I've had 1 ticket,  doing 60 in a 35,  yes I'm a speed demon.   Hubby's never had any tickets.    I always speed,  but usually watch closely for cops,   and always try to follow someone else who's speeding,    cuz ya know they'll be the first one clocked.    That day I just wasn't paying any attention.   Don't think it took points off my license or anything,   but I do know it's off your record after 3 years,   at least here in NY.    It was more than 3 yrs ago,   so it's off now.

Iceman007

The 1st ticket I ever got was when I was 17.I was driving 67 in a 50mph zone.To top off the bad luck as the cop was handing me the ticket my parents drove by and I said ohhhh crap.He said what was that for and I said my parents drove by and my dads gonna kill me,lol. spb.gif

Libra

Quote from: missminimouse on March 15, 2006, 03:35:27 PM
I've had 1 ticket,  doing 60 in a 35,  yes I'm a speed demon.   Hubby's never had any tickets.    I always speed,  but usually watch closely for cops,   and always try to follow someone else who's speeding,    cuz ya know they'll be the first one clocked.    That day I just wasn't paying any attention.   Don't think it took points off my license or anything,   but I do know it's off your record after 3 years,   at least here in NY.    It was more than 3 yrs ago,   so it's off now.

I, too, am a speed demon.  And I live in a city where NO ONE CAN DRIVE!  I mean, the speed limit can be 30 or 40 or even 50 and people will drive 25 mph.  And they'll be in the far left lane and RIGHT BEFORE they decide to turn right?  Well, they'll signal to go left, pull in front of 800 people, and then take their sweet azzed time making the turn.  Then, there's the people who will go 100 mph to pull out and front of you and then do the requisite 25 mph.  And then the cellphone drivers DRIVE ME CRAZY!!!  They're on the phone at a red light, yackity yackity yackity yack, the light turns green and THEY JUST SIT THERE!!!  You blow your horn and they flip you the bird, like YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG.  Then after they finally find the freakin' gas peddle, they go in just enough time for them, and them only, to go.  And sometimes, you can be driving down I-95, just cruising along, and ZOOM!  Someone goes traveling northbound in the southbound lane.  Then there's always the ancient, white-knuckled drivers that can barely see over the wheel that they have the death grip on. And these find folks have the reflexes of a snail and EVERYTHING freaks them out. And? When they do get freaked out? They just STOP right in the middle of the road.  Or the people in the go straight lane that decide to turn left and then the light in the go straight lane turns green, but they don't go because they're trying to get in the go left lane.  They, too, flip you off if you blow the horn.  And don't get me started on the people that block traffic even though it's apparent that there's a train and they can't go, so the people in the cross ways can't go because now you're gridlocked and you, too, have to wait on the freakin' train.  I mean, I could go on and on.  Oh, wait, I just did  :)) :))

Lib

Kelly

lol@lib too funny!!

I think it was george Carlin who said "ever notice that people who drive slower than you are A**HOLES and the ones who drive faster are MANIACS"

by the way when hubby finally called me back he was also laughing his guts out and all he asked was "ok how fast were you goin?"

after almost 12 years (in may) of marriage I knew this was gonna be his reaction....AND he is gladly gonna pay the ticket for me and YES I have to never mention HIS tickets ever ever again.....hes the best hubby in the whole wide world!!!

Libra

Quote from: KsArt on March 15, 2006, 04:18:03 PM
lol@lib too funny!!

I think it was george Carlin who said "ever notice that people who drive slower than you are A**HOLES and the ones who drive faster are MANIACS"

by the way when hubby finally called me back he was also laughing his guts out and all he asked was "ok how fast were you goin?"

after almost 12 years (in may) of marriage I knew this was gonna be his reaction....AND he is gladly gonna pay the ticket for me and YES I have to never mention HIS tickets ever ever again.....hes the best hubby in the whole wide world!!!

You're hubby sounds like my boyfriend, I've been with my bf for 13 years, and I can predict his reaction to almost everything.  This afternoon at around 12:30, I called his cell. No answer.  I call his restaurant and one of the waiters tells me that he's not come in (he goes in around 11:00 a.m.) and that his phone is THERE.  So, my ma works close to our house, so I call her and tell her to GO HURRY FAST FAST to the house and wake up the BF.  I KNEW he'd overslept. (he works really late in to the night, sometimes)  So, I'm on the phone with her as she's driving (OK, no references to my rant about cellphone drivers) and when she pulls in to our driveway, she asks what she should do.  She has a key to the house and I told her to go in and yell his name and that he was gonna go, "yeah?" and then I told her to tell him it was almost 1 p.m. and he's gonna go "OH SH!T" and jump in the shower.  That is EXACTLY what happened.  She couldn't believe it.

And he cannot say a THING about my tickie-poos.... I get about 3 a year but I fight them in court.  In 18 years in Florida, I only have a total of 3 out of about 58 on my record :D

Also, FYI,If  you get a ticket, especially in Florida, call around until you find some Joe Schmo, just-out-of-law-school attorney who'll go to court for you cheap cheap.  Half the time the cop will not show up, so the ticket is tossed.  If the cop does show up?  The judge will normally impose a fine that's less than the ticket, NOT order driving school (as long as your record isn't THAT bad) withhold adjudication so you won't get any points, it won't show up on your record and your insurance rates won't go up.  Believe me, I've got it down to a science! 8)

Lib

Libra

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 15, 2006, 04:42:15 PM
Quote from: KsArt on March 15, 2006, 04:18:03 PM
lol@lib too funny!!

You're hubby sounds like my boyfriend, I've been with my bf for 13 years, and I can predict his reaction to almost everything.  This afternoon at around 12:30, I called his cell. No answer.  I call his restaurant and one of the waiters tells me that he's not come in (he goes in around 11:00 a.m.) and that his phone is THERE.  So, my ma works close to our house, so I call her and tell her to GO HURRY FAST FAST to the house and wake up the BF.  I KNEW he'd overslept. (he works really late in to the night, sometimes)  So, I'm on the phone with her as she's driving (OK, no references to my rant about cellphone drivers) and when she pulls in to our driveway, she asks what she should do.  She has a key to the house and I told her to go in and yell his name and that he was gonna go, "yeah?" and then I told her to tell him it was almost 1 p.m. and he's gonna go "OH SH!T" and jump in the shower.  That is EXACTLY what happened.  She couldn't believe it.

And he cannot say a THING about my tickie-poos.... I get about 3 a year but I fight them in court.  In 18 years in Florida, I only have a total of 3 out of about 58 on my record :D

Also, FYI,If  you get a ticket, especially in Florida, call around until you find some Joe Schmo, just-out-of-law-school attorney who'll go to court for you cheap cheap.  Half the time the cop will not show up, so the ticket is tossed.  If the cop does show up?  The judge will normally impose a fine that's less than the ticket, NOT order driving school (as long as your record isn't THAT bad) withhold adjudication so you won't get any points, it won't show up on your record and your insurance rates won't go up.  Believe me, I've got it down to a science! 8)

Lib

OMG!! And here I was, ranting and raving about peoples misuse of the words their, they're and there, and I type YOU'RE (first word) instead of the appropriate YOUR.  I REALLY need my old Pogo name back.  I AM losing it. 

Kelly

when I am in a hurry I miss use grammar all the time.....cute story about the bf and I think it is the best thing about a long term relationship...knowing exactly what the other half is going to do or say....makes life so much easier/happier...only down side is ...hubby cannot for the life of him ...surprise me...I always know before he does something that hes gonna do it...its weird but I can almost read his mind i swear it....lol...its all good anyway I don't like surprises...for the most part

pogohatesme

I've gotten 4 tickets in about 3 years.....2 seatbelt violations for 25 bux a pop each....and 2 speeding tix...both were for going more than 20 mph over the limit...last time I had my friend check for me I had 8 points on my license (Indiana).  But they use the points system along with what you've done so I've not had any problems with insurance or losing license or anythig

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: pogohatesme on March 15, 2006, 05:26:25 PM
I've gotten 4 tickets in about 3 years.....2 seatbelt violations for 25 bux a pop each....and 2 speeding tix...both were for going more than 20 mph over the limit...last time I had my friend check for me I had 8 points on my license (Indiana).  But they use the points system along with what you've done so I've not had any problems with insurance or losing license or anythig

4 tickets in 3 years... note to self: stay out of Indiana!

pogohatesme

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 15, 2006, 05:27:48 PM

lol 2 were for seatbelt violations which yes I went to court to try and argue my way outta it....cause it's my god given right to be tossed outta the windshield during an accident if I choose not to wear my seatbelt and yes that's excatly what I told the judge tooo

Libra

Quote from: pogohatesme on March 15, 2006, 05:29:59 PM

lol 2 were for seatbelt violations which yes I went to court to try and argue my way outta it....cause it's my god given right to be tossed outta the windshield during an accident if I choose not to wear my seatbelt and yes that's excatly what I told the judge tooo

It's asinine, I tell you.  It's the law here that you have to wear a seatbelt, but you can ride your motorcycle without a helmet.   :o

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 15, 2006, 05:34:01 PM
Quote from: pogohatesme on March 15, 2006, 05:29:59 PM

It's asinine, I tell you.  It's the law here that you have to wear a seatbelt, but you can ride your motorcycle without a helmet.   :o

Darn you Lib... forced me to whip out my dictionary.... let's see... Asinine. Ahhhh, here we go: Utterly stupid or silly: asinine behavior.

I must say, I agree!

nightperson

Quote from: Bree on March 15, 2006, 09:10:48 AM
Kelly, sorry to hear about your ticket, but was his lights looking like this....

if you told him you that <3 was making you go fast might of let you off ,,,i haave never had a ticket (knocking on wood) have to find the wood now sry to here you got a ticket

bra

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 15, 2006, 01:38:54 PM
Quote from: Tara on March 15, 2006, 01:16:41 PM
I got pulled over once for speeding and the cop pointed to my radar detector and said " Did that work"  I said " I guess not huh" 

I got pulled over going 95 mph. The cop was like, "Miss, did you know you were going 95 mph?"  I told him yes, I knew, and he replies, "Well, you were travelling a bit over the limit, weren't you?"  I said "I thought 95 WAS the speed limit.... That's what that sign said back there!!"  He says, "Miss, that's the sign indicating that you are ON 95, not the speed limit." 

I knew all this, of course (I was driving on I-95) I was just pulling a Pickles to see if I could get out of it.  Worked like a charm!  ;D

Libra

I should say that when Im on i-95 or i-195 if I ever get pulled over lol

Kelly

thanks Nightperson...Bree I love the cop car....didn't show up at 1st....very kool n funny .......you!!!!

holly222

Only time i have ever been pulled over for speeding was when I was twenty years O0 old.. on my weding day...... I was driving while my new hubby  was sleeping and on our way to the beach for our honey moon.....
Going 85 in a 65 mph..........
The nice police officer saw how scared I was and noticed the crushed cans, tape, and grafiti on the car saying just married and let us go on....
It only took once to learn my lesson........LOL

Kelly

yeah I learned a lesson too....a little later in life as im 41 but never too late to learn....I am normally a slow driver but foot was a bit heavy today....hehehehe

missminimouse

Hey KS,    my kids were watching me as I flipped through some posts here,   they saw your Easter bunny and thought he looked sad cuz he lost his baby rabbit.   Just thought that was too cute not to share,   they are 3 yr old by the way! 

Kelly

Awwww too cute ...they are right he does look a bit sad....smart aren't they...they see more than we realise don't they!!

Sweet_Karamel

Sorry! To hear that you pull over. I know you must be out of your mind. Think what have I done. Then again you did tell a little black lie. LOL! Now your husband still got one up on you he had two ticket.LOL!

Just be careful out there. ::)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview