Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Saving program and codes on disk?

Started by drakcore,

Previous topic - Next topic

drakcore

I was wondering after downloading and saving the auto programs on our hard drives and getting our registration codes, will they still work rite if we burn the programs to a disk where we don't have to keep getting a new download and registration number for the programs?

I was having a hard time with my hard drive it had bad secters in it and was crashing more often then I care to mention here. I was having to redownload each paid auto and get a whole new registration number each time I had to reformat and reinstall windows every few months.

I decided enough of this and bought a new hard drive and things are going great now, I have sent in for my new registration codes I hope for the last time....lol But as a backup "just in case" Lord knows, for some reason I might need to reinstall the programs and registration codes, Could I could just burn the paid for programs  to a disk with my registration codes and always have them with out bothering emailing and redownloading and so on?

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: drakcore on March 20, 2006, 03:25:53 AM
I was wondering after downloading and saving the auto programs on our hard drives and getting our registration codes, will they still work rite if we burn the programs to a disk where we don't have to keep getting a new download and registration number for the programs?

I was having a hard time with my hard drive it had bad secters in it and was crashing more often then I care to mention here. I was having to redownload each paid auto and get a whole new registration number each time I had to reformat and reinstall windows every few months.

I decided enough of this and bought a new hard drive and things are going great now, I have sent in for my new registration codes I hope for the last time....lol But as a backup "just in case" Lord knows, for some reason I might need to reinstall the programs and registration codes, Could I could just burn the paid for programs  to a disk with my registration codes and always have them with out bothering emailing and redownloading and so on?

Ok, don't take my word for it because I'm not an expert BUT you can download and burn the SOFTWARE onto CD with no problems. You may even throw your registration numbers on there HOWEVER the registration numbers are NOT transferable and only work on that hard drive BEFORE it was (re)formated.

That's all the info I have on this subject, if someone has more info (or to correct mine) please jump in!

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

drakcore

Ok I was just wondering. I figured if I saved the paid programs to disk then if something happened I could just reload the programs back on my computer and they would ask for the same registration codes as before.....Or I thought that might be the case....LOL

To be honest tho I have to admit the quick responce to recover registration codes is very fast so I can't complain there.

Thanks for the feedback!

Homer

If something happens to your pc where it affects your hard drive to the point that you have to reformat the registration codes will change anyways. You will have the programs on disk but when you check your registration you'll see the information has changed and new passwords will be necessary.

casahilo

So how does this relate to me if I buy a new computer?  This computer is very old and slow
I thought I read somewhere I could just get new codes somehow. I have the 150 package and would prefer not to have to rebuy. Thanks

ClingFree

Quote from: casahilo on March 22, 2006, 11:31:11 AM
So how does this relate to me if I buy a new computer?  This computer is very old and slow
I thought I read somewhere I could just get new codes somehow. I have the 150 package and would prefer not to have to rebuy. Thanks

You wont have to rebuy any programs .. just re-register them.

Homer

Quote from: casahilo on March 22, 2006, 11:31:11 AM

When you get your new pc email Oscar. 150 members are given a link to a web page that will generate your passwords automatically. :P

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview