PlayBuddy
September 18, 2024, 10:14:29 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Banned from "other" Pogo website

Started by SaintHiρρo,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

So I was banned today from some other site I'm not allowed to talk about here. Some person was jumping all over Pogo running advertisements for this site...you might have seen them today, name is "Your****" (and yes I know the rules about posting Pogo screen names but this account was created today and is running off a guest pass, have no tokens and was created for the sole purpose of running ads. This isn't an account that will stay around long). Anyway, I went to the site they were advertising and created an account called "Your****Sucks" (and if you're from there and reading this.... hi) and thanked them from bugging every room with that weak attempt to draw attention to your site. Since I've already heard of this site, it wasn't anything new to me and I quickly informed people how lame and weak this site was and it wasn't worth the effort to visit. I also directed them in the direction of PogoCheats.net (which this other site made sure was not allowed to be posted so I got around it by typing in "PogoCh3ats.net"... oh, I'm the clever one!). Well this site has taken it upon themselves to block my IP address... only interesting thing is that I was on a school campus at the time and by blocking that address, they blocked MANY MANY others who possibly use their site. Now that I'm back home, I can view the site with no problems but at that location... they will miss out on many many visitors!  :))

Anyway, that's my story. I have to get back to my addiction with Pogo badges and finish Tri-Peaks Mobile. End transmission!

ClingFree

bugsmom

wattsmyname

Why would you find it necessary to do that? PC would not want that done to them and I don't think they would condone that.
Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Marjorie

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: wattsmyname on March 19, 2006, 06:30:48 PM

Why would you find it necessary to do that? PC would not want that done to them and I don't think they would condone that.
Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Marjorie

Marjorie, may I call you that. Marjorie, I went to this site and I thanked them for bugging every room (see my previous post) and I mentioned that this site was better. The name I used (well, you can't see it because it's censored on this site but it didn't contain any foul language) was a reference to the name of the person who was doing the advertisement with one word added to it (Sucks). They took it upon themselves to ban that IP address because I thanked them (and believe you me, it wasn't nasty or anywhere close to some post we've seen today here!). I'm only a victim in this sorry... really I am!  >:D

wattsmyname

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on March 19, 2006, 07:00:39 PM
Well saint u are no better then that other person that did it.  And what i did was wrong . i just my 2 cents                               
P.S  But iit"s  :)) :)) :)) :)) what u did :)) :)) :)) :))

LoL, I like to think I'm somewhat better than that person. I only posted my little "thanks" in one spot. That person was room hoping! At least I knew my target audience!

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on March 19, 2006, 07:06:52 PM
But all those ppl at your school that used that site are screwed now and there going to be like wtf when they try to log onto that site :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

LoL, now I never said I attended that school. I was on the campus with a friend while she took care of some school stuff and they had wireless access that allowed me to get on the 'net without needing a password (someone should talk to them about that). While I do think it sucks, that one little site won't hurt them. If it was Pogo.com I had them blocked from, then I would feel upset and I would turn myself into Pogo so others wouldn't suffer (and before you say I wouldn't, I'm honest when I say I would turn myself in to free that IP for others). Since they didn't care about flooding Pogo's lobbies and chat areas with spam, then I don't feel bad about them losing a few hundred hits. (and oddly enough, this is a major Pogo school!)

Blu

lmaoooo saint!
i was autoing in squelchies today & saw that name advertise for the site.
wtg, too funny

hades

Mary

Serendipity

Hippo???Did you think you were doing PC a favor by directing people from pogo to it?? Does the fact that you were banned surprise you? Do you think PC needs  Pogo "spies" poking around. Why would you feel the need to name this, or any site? Its people like you that cause all  probs we have today,What possible benefit would you or PC get from mouthing off in pogo about this site? One person, or 100, doesn't matter, its not up to YOU to advertise any site,let alone this one.
  I hope the campus cans ur butt like the "other site" did.Because, if there is a prob w/ them some reallyyyyyyy smart tech person will get you, if not you, then the poor sap whose pc u used.
   I think i'm giving you too much of MY valuable time.I fail to understand your need to share this idiotic trip OUT of your mind w/ us.  :o

SI

Quote from: Serendipity on March 19, 2006, 08:25:51 PM
Hippo???Did you think you were doing PC a favor by directing people from pogo to it?? Does the fact that you were banned surprise you? Do you think PC needs  Pogo "spies" poking around. Why would you feel the need to name this, or any site? Its people like you that cause all  probs we have today,What possible benefit would you or PC get from mouthing off in pogo about this site? One person, or 100, doesn't matter, its not up to YOU to advertise any site,let alone this one.
  I hope the campus cans ur butt like the "other site" did.Because, if there is a prob w/ them some reallyyyyyyy smart tech person will get you, if not you, then the poor sap whose pc u used.
   I think i'm giving you too much of MY valuable time.I fail to understand your need to share this idiotic trip OUT of your mind w/ us.  :o

Wow...  The lack of intelligence has been stunning as of late.  Did you even read his post?  At what point did St. state that he was "mouthing off in pogo about this site?"  He stated that a spammer was room-hopping advertising site X.  He then went to site X & wreaked a little havoc (much respect for that, btw O0; I hate those freakin' room-hoppers).  Mayhaps in the future you'll pull your head out of your arse before attacking someone, or at least get your facts straight.

Country Lady

Thank you very much to fixing site X.  I hate them too.  Pogo Cheats is a safe place to get your auto's.  I can't say the same about some of the others.  And when some little wanna be comes along and tries to drum up business, they should find another way to do it, not spamming the pogo chats with their dribble.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Serendipity on March 19, 2006, 08:25:51 PM

Yikes, when the Hippo's away... thank you DJ for explaining the situation with someone who didn't take the time to read and/or give thought into what I typed. While I hate to assume anything (because you know what happens when you assume), this person did probably think I was negatively drawing attention to PogoCheats.net by mentioning it on Pogo which is something I wouldn't do because the last thing I want is for Pogo to link me with this site and then I'll have "Pogo Police" monitoring me. Of course, saying it's "people like me that cause all problems we have today" is kinda like saying I'm the reason there are people starving in the world.... it doesn't make sense but I'll let "Serendipity" spend his or hers "valuable time" trying to explain the logic behind that and maybe he or she will re-read what I've already typed in this topic. Maybe then, he or she will see that the campus can't "can my butt" because I'm not a student there. Maybe I'm just hoping for too much that one day "Serendipity" (by the way: that was a great movie, wasn't it?) will understand what actually transpired on this Sunday evening before coming back and attempting to mouth off. Who knows but I do know that next time I go on an "idiotic trip out of my mind", I'll make sure "Serendipity" has a first class seat so he or she make sure I'm going in the right direction.

End Transmission!

SI

I don't know if it's the same site that you got booted from Hippo, but my access to another nameless forum has been severed, as well.  Maybe they made a *serendipitous* finding and decided to take action.  How's that for a play on words? :)) :)) :))

Serendipity

Very Cool, the Hippo has brought a friend with him.Irregardless WHERE  you posted about this site, its not up to you to start crap elsewhere and bring it here!!!  Now that i re-read your post, i can change but 1 thing in mine..Here goes.. I NEVER, for 1 minute thought you ATTENDED College.. What would ever make me assume some1 would take such pleasure in causing problems for others would be attending a School of Learning?
  You get no pat on the back from most here, and certainly not from me.Who cares if you got banned, just  leave it where you got hit..If you catch my drift.
This matter is done for me.You made your bed!!!!!

foxx

:o  Yikes! 

Sounds like we have a misunderstanding on our hands....

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Serendipity on March 20, 2006, 02:30:22 PM
Very Cool, the Hippo has brought a friend with him.Irregardless WHERE  you posted about this site, its not up to you to start crap elsewhere and bring it here!!!  Now that i re-read your post, i can change but 1 thing in mine..Here goes.. I NEVER, for 1 minute thought you ATTENDED College.. What would ever make me assume some1 would take such pleasure in causing problems for others would be attending a School of Learning?
  You get no pat on the back from most here, and certainly not from me.Who cares if you got banned, just  leave it where you got hit..If you catch my drift.
This matter is done for me.You made your bed!!!!!

Resisting the urge to comment on lack of punctuation, knowledge there is at least 1 space between the end of one sentence & the start of another and the fact that the number 1 replaces the word "one" without regards to an intelligent sentence.... must fight the urge!

Stupidity.... I mean Serendipity, is irregardless a word? Just asking...

Anyway, I don't recall starting problems and bringing it here. Look around, do you see anyone from that site stirring up problems here? Go on, I'll give you a minute to look around... (btw: that's when you count up to 60 without skipping, missing or adding numbers in between one and sixty). Now that you've came back and realized that yet again, you are wrong (oh, and you will say that you're not wrong because it's too banal... maybe I should use a smaller word that you'll understand there like predictable), take this time to look on the internet for one of those "School of Learning" (because honestly, aside from a school of fish, isn't the purpose of a school to learn?) and check back into one.

In closing, I don't want your pat on the back. The one thing I would like to ask of you is that you actually learn to understand what transpired yesterday before you decide to show your intelligence level (or lack thereof) and give us some of that top of the line wit you have there! Guess I'll go lay on my bed now... mighty comfy!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview