PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 10:43:05 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Did You read Community News?

Started by Country Lady,

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Lady

Perpetually Playing Pogo™? We Want to hear from YOU!
I just read the fine print at the bottom.  Can you believe this?  Looks like pogo can modify anything your say and get away with it. 

The following terms and conditions govern your submission to EA. Please read them carefully. Once you submit any idea or material to EA, you expressly grant EA the complete and irrevocable right to quote, re-post, use, reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and perform the idea or material in any form, anywhere, without attribution to you, and without notice or compensation to you of any kind.  >:(  >:(

RC

I think it's pretty much the fine print that any company uses when someone submits something to them. You are more or less giving them the right to do with it what they please by sending it to them.. but I don't think by "modify" that they mean they can totally change what you say, and put their own words in there, and then make it sound like it was you that said it. I think that's more under the "editing" title, like editing out certain words or phrases or other things that Pogo doesn't allow. Therefore, it won't be an exact quote of your words, but still be your general idea of what you were saying. In this case, you're just telling a little story of how much you play on Pogo.. I would think it would be a much bigger deal if you were submitting an original work of art like a poem or a drawing or pictures that you made, where any kind of change would be making it not your original work.. for this, it doesn't really matter all that much.

Country Lady

It just shows how tight they are.  The don't even offer a few tokens or a special badge or anything if they use your words.  Why would anyone even bother to submitt something?  It doesn't even say that you would get the glory of seeing your name posted.  Sometimes I wonder where they come up with these things. ::)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview