PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:40:16 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Screen Names

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be willing to pay pogo $20 to change your current screen name?

Yes
25 (22.7%)
No
57 (51.8%)
$20 is too much
28 (25.5%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Tara

Quote from: Country Lady on March 20, 2006, 11:14:03 PM
I don't know why it would be a problem to let us change them, after all we can change our password at will.  If their system can keep up with that it should keep up with screen names.

It wouldn't be a problem about 4 years ago or more we were allowed to change our screen names without any hassles..there was a option in our account information to do so.....but this was before club memberships ...but I don't know why that would be any different

Tori

Yea, I remember that Tara. We could change them once every 30 days.  :))

and I did..once every 30 days  :))

SI

I don't know why it would be a problem to let us change them, after all we can change our password at will.  If their system can keep up with that it should keep up with screen names.

Because then they would actually be providing a service to their customers ;D.

Seriously, though, Pogo would have to redo their entire username database.  I remember when I first signed up, the name I wanted was "taken."  I had to compromise & add numbers to my name (even a couple of those were taken).  I tried adding those names to my friends list, just out of curiousity, and it said that they were not registered Pogo players.  Keep in mind that they have all the AOL users as well.

butch1286

I pogo just for the games not to attract people so if my  name was 123456 it would be fine with me. ;D

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 21, 2006, 10:38:12 AM

Because then they would actually be providing a service to their customers ;D.

Seriously, though, Pogo would have to redo their entire username database.  I remember when I first signed up, the name I wanted was "taken."  I had to compromise & add numbers to my name (even a couple of those were taken).  I tried adding those names to my friends list, just out of curiousity, and it said that they were not registered Pogo players.  Keep in mind that they have all the AOL users as well.

Correct with the AOL users. When Pogo & AOL had their agreement, AOLers had first crack at names. Meaning if you wanted a certain name like "HomerSimpsonRocks" on Pogo but someone from AOL had it (and wasn't a Pogo member, user, visitor or whatever), you couldn't have that name period. Doesn't matter if that person never had any intention of using Pogo, it just wasn't happening. When I 1st heard of Pogo, I had AOL but didn't sign up thru AOL. I tried using my the same name I had on AOL to sign up for Pogo and was told "already taken". I thought that sucked because I didn't want anyone confusing that person for me. So I created another account and played that for a while. Then one day I forgot I was on the AOL broswer and tried logging into Pogo. To my surprise, I had only 50 tokens (I think that was the amount, it's been a long time so I don't remember) but I also had access to my "SaintHippo" name (and no that's not my Club Pogo SN. You can add it because I do have it but I only created it last week to stop anyone from getting it and it's never being used again.. besides, it's a non-club pogo account and if it's deleted, I will get over losing all 50 tokens) I was told was already taken.

I don't know if that practice still exist but AOL did create problems for people wanting certain names.

Carol

I voted no. First, even if I did want to change it I can't see paying for it.
But my main pogo ID is one I have had for years.
I use the name on everything.
In fact, I once did change it on another game site, just for something different,
and no one could get used to it. They still called me by my original screen name lol.
I even have a short version of it that I am known by and everyone who knows me calls me that. It has even carried over offline, my husband, friends etc call me by it. So I guess I would be stuck with it even if I did have the option on pogo.  >:D

bobby

why would people want to change their sn? and pay for it too!, that's what x-box live does now

ClingFree

Quote from: bobby on March 21, 2006, 06:46:40 PM
why would people want to change their sn? and pay for it too!, that's what x-box live does now

Some people have issues with stalkers (Altho the new friends list feature should solve that) ... and what if youre sign on was umm say "KevinsWife" and ya got a divorce? Just a couple examples 

Spice It Up

Very true Cling... I guess that is just what they have to live with then if pogo won't ever give that option. Reminds me of someone who puts tattoo of spouses name or something on them and then gets divorced...They are kinda stuck with it forever. i know, I know, u can get it removed, but just reminded me of it.

ClingFree

Quote from: Spice It Up on March 21, 2006, 11:09:01 PM
Very true Cling... I guess that is just what they have to live with then if pogo won't ever give that option. Reminds me of someone who puts tattoo of spouses name or something on them and then gets divorced...They are kinda stuck with it forever. i know, I know, u can get it removed, but just reminded me of it.

Thats actually what I was thinking of also ... I remember when I first met my ex and he wants to get a tattoo of my name .. I firmly said NO

Spice It Up

Quote from: ClingFree on March 22, 2006, 03:31:37 AM
Quote from: Spice It Up on March 21, 2006, 11:09:01 PM

Thats actually what I was thinking of also ... I remember when I first met my ex and he wants to get a tattoo of my name .. I firmly said NO

Well you are living proof then!!  :))  I know that you will never be one of those who will put there lovers name for their screen name. You know better!! Sorry to hear the ex part... but funny about what we are talking about here.

SouthPadreIsland

When I made my screenname - 5 yrs ago - I thought about it - made it from something I really dig - A song.  People don't think when they make some of these names up.  They do not think of the consequences of others not approving of them and probably only visit the "uncensored rooms" - but hey, it's a funny name.  Then they build up their account and then subscribe to the Club and - while doing a challenge enter a normal room and is reported.  Common sense in the beginning would have saved these people from the hypothetical $20 name change fees. 

Sorry, about the rant.  I am just tired of people complaining about "banned accounts" from screennames...you hear a lot of it on Pogo lately.

mailwench

:D :D I love my screenname and would never consider changing it!  However, it is the 3rd account I named because I didn't like the other 2 and yes....all club pogo accounts!

BoJangles

ee2.1.gif Used to change Pogo screen names for free whenever we wanted to.  Why pay for something that was always free?  ee2.1.gif

mailwench

Quote from: BoJangles on March 23, 2006, 09:15:51 AM
ee2.1.gif Used to change Pogo screen names for free whenever we wanted to.  Why pay for something that was always free?  ee2.1.gif

8) ummmmmmmmmmmmm because they are not free anymore????

Playhawke

HAHAHAHA

NO

Pogo should clear out it's data base every 2-3 years, anyone who hasn't logged on by then should be recycled!!
20 bucks!!! hahahahaha

NO

I might use my precious tokens but not real money.  Pogo sucks enough out of us as it is!  >:(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview