PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 11:55:33 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Ad-ware

Started by lioness,

Previous topic - Next topic

lioness

hello all,
Is it possible for some one to help me. Is there a free site to get rid of things on the computer. I had Ad-ware at one time but was told to take it off. Now there is some things lurking on my computer. Thanking you in advance

SaintHiρρo

Yahoo! Toolbar comes with "Anti-Spy", Microsoft has something called "Windows Defender", there is Lavasoft's Ad-Aware SE and if I'm not mistaken they're all free.

hades

lioness

Thank you for answering so soon but is is the lava ad-ware I am having trouble with.

hades

SI

Spyboy - Search & Destroy is another good one.  Here's the direct link to it from Download.com:

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10401314.html?tag=lst-0-1

Just make sure that you uninstall Ad-Aware first.  The two don't interact very well ;)

Tara

I use spybot and ad-awareSE   there both at download.com....and there both free....I haven't ever had a problem with either one of them...gl in finding your problem

Tara

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 21, 2006, 11:37:12 AM
Spyboy - Search & Destroy is another good one.  Here's the direct link to it from Download.com:

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10401314.html?tag=lst-0-1

Just make sure that you uninstall Ad-Aware first.  The two don't interact very well ;)

I use both...I don't have a problem...I don't run them at the same time...but I do run both of them every few days seperate

SaintHiρρo

I run as many as possible because I have this one popup that won't go away and it's annoying. I'm downloading Spybot in hope that it gets rid of this one popup. Same one everytime from some company called "highbeam". I went to their website and they had no info for me. It's REALLY annoying!

ClingFree

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 21, 2006, 11:45:29 AM
I run as many as possible because I have this one popup that won't go away and it's annoying. I'm downloading Spybot in hope that it gets rid of this one popup. Same one everytime from some company called "highbeam". I went to their website and they had no info for me. It's REALLY annoying!

Is that popup annoying?

SI

If Spybot doesn't get it, try HijackThis:

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Just be careful not to delete anything important ;)

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: ClingFree on March 21, 2006, 11:47:09 AM

Is that popup annoying?

You have no ideal how annoying it is. I like to think of my computer as a piece of crap but I don't want that type of crap on here. I don't have a problem with viruses on here because it will help in me getting a new one but pop ups annoy the heck out of me.

lioness

Thank you all for answering so fast.I will explain it a little beter hopefully.
First of all I have Norton Antivirus. When it is finished Under File Name It says Installbo-fsq.exe
Under Threat name it says Adware.Screen Se..... Under Action it says Adware found Under status it says At Risk. When I went to symtoms it said detects afile as Packed.Adware. I phoned Dell and they want me to reinstall operating system. I have to put stuff on discs etc. I am not that good at computer stuff to do all that. I hope you can still help me please. Thanking you all again.I really appreciate your responses.

PunkInDrublic

Don't forget to boot your pc in safe mode and run the programs... finds even more bunches of annoying spyware and such  O0

Shady Lady

I used to use a program called window washer. You should be able to find it by doing a search. It's been a while since I had to use it.

crankycook

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 21, 2006, 11:37:12 AM

I use both ad-aware and spy bot and never had a problem with them interacting.
Have you turned off system restore, and run your scans in safe mode? This may help you also,
http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/ under removing viruses and virus removal tools there is a section that might help you also.  How to clean an infected computer. I would post it here buts there's alot to it.

muffin862

If your still having trouble go to helponthe.net forum. Leave a post about your problem and wait a tech support will help direct you how to clear it. Its a free tech support forum.

nanners

I have both Adaware and SpyBot.. Have had no problems with them

MistyRaines

If you are running Win XP  Down load Microsoft anti spy ware

Also do a search for an  on line scan  like trend micro

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: MistyRaines on March 21, 2006, 04:45:28 PM
If you are running Win XP  Down load Microsoft anti spy ware

Also do a search for an  on line scan  like trend micro

I've downloaded Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta 1 on my computer at home (and I said I would stay away from all Microsoft beta products) and I loved it. Then they go out and release Beta 2 which is horrible in my opinion. I don't feel like it's protecting me at all and has let several things thru the cracks. I wish I had downloaded and saved Beta 1 but like everything, I hit "Run from this location" instead of save and can't transfer it from my home computer to my work computer.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview