PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 01:20:03 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Chat functions with forward slash.....

Started by Jonathan,

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

I have been playing aroung with chat for a while and I know the following so far that you can use the forward slash and make things happen in chat....

/e

Makes and anoucement

/mute *

Mute all

/w username

Whisper ( I think thats right)

Does anyone know any others?

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jrlt on March 18, 2006, 09:19:17 AM
I have been playing aroung with chat for a while and I know the following so far that you can use the forward slash and make things happen in chat....

/e

Makes and anoucement

/mute *

Mute all

/w username

Whisper ( I think thats right)

Does anyone know any others?

Funny you should mention that...

Dear Nettie:

I read and enjoy your column as often as you write it and until today I was not aware that you could "whisper" in Pogo as advised in your answer to "Confused." I know how to "Private Chat," but have never heard of "whisper." Can you please tell me how one can "whisper?"

Also Confused

Dear Also Confused,

It's actually very simple to whisper to someone on Pogo, using what we call the "slash command." There are a couple of shortcuts I'll let you in on so you can have a little fun in the chat room. To whisper, simply type: "/w (screen name) message." So, if you wanted to tell me I'm the best Canasta player on the planet you'd type:

/w MsNetiquette you're the best Canasta player on the planet!

I would, of course, whisper back "thank you" even though I'd be thinking "if I'm the best Canasta player AlsoConfused has ever seen, then this must be the first time he's ever played!"

Here are a couple of other "slash commands" that you might find useful:

/mute (screen name) = mutes a specific screen name (although it's usually easier to mute them from the "Who's Here" list

/mute * = mute everybody. This essentially turns off chat, but allows you to continue to see your game progress and any other chat announcements

/mute a* = mutes everyone who has a screen name that begins with the letter 'a' (works with other letters and letter combinations as well)

/unmute = unmutes the person or people you've muted. You can use /unmute * to unmute everyone as well

/emote = allows you to send an emotive message. If I type: "/emote is sending an emotive message," it looks like: "*MsNetiquette is sending an emotive message"

/filter on = allows you to turn the profanity filter on

/filter off = allows you to turn the profanity filter off

Now go have some fun!

Runner

Jonathan

Shady Lady

/e does the same as /emote you don't have to type out the word. It puts your text in blue with your name in front of it. ie. if you type /e thinks she lost her mind!  ... this is what will show up *shadylady thinks she lost her mind!*

the others work the same you don't have to type the whole word just the first letter ie.  /m * will mute everyone in the room , /u * will unmute everyone, etc.

raptors2004

I think there was a help function in pogo (in-chat function accessible from somewhere - maybe from help menu - I forgot already but I've seen it before).. It shows most if not all of the accessible commands mentioned here so you don't have to come back here every single time if you forgot any of these in the future ;)

nightperson

raptors2004

just type "/help" in the chat window (no quotes) and help text for all commands appears in the chat  ;)

Jonathan

cool, when you do that is writes all of the funtions out in green..... he.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview