Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

anyone else tried the VOIP usb phones ?

Started by Gecko,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary

hades

aww mama.its really cool and cheap too.they dont charge all those extra line fees and all that total about $15 just by themselves.

Country Lady

I had Vonage and had trouble with static and dropped calls.  So we switched to Packet9. I don't have to have a special phone, just use our regular phone.

It cost us $20. for the little box that hooks to my router.  I have satellite internet.  I plug the phone into a jack on the box.
Monthly charges are $20.08 and includes taxes.

We were paying $50.+ a month for just basic phone service and using calling cards for our long distant calls.
Now we can call anywhere in the U.S. and Canada for free 24/7's.

We were not able to keep our old land line phone number, because our area isn't available yet.  But were were given a number that is in the local call area so that our family and friends don't have to pay a long distant fee to call us.
Now Packet8 is our only phone.  We are looking to get a cell phone in the near future as a back up, for when the power or internet service is down.

Our kids live in Alaska and we live in Oregon so it gets a real work out.   :))My husband logged over 43 hours of talking last month :))
Country Lady

Country Lady

I need to add that Packet8 also has a video phone that is fantastic!  We don't know anyone to call that has a video phone or we would have gotten that for sure.
We also have al the same capabilities as the regular land line phone, like call waiting, conference calls, caller ID and so on.

nanners

Well be it unlimited or 4999.. I love my Vonage! no dropped calls or static. Not saying I won't in the future but for now I be a Happy Camper.. and IF I wanted to I could take my lil Vonage box with me and use any computer..daughter has Vonage in Kentucky and tried it just to see if it really worked and it did. I wouldn't tho, I just have my calls forwarded to my cell.

Mary

Gecko

:) just found a company here in au that gives u a new ph #  ,still the initial set up will cost around( 220 bucks)   140 for the phone converter box  and cause im on adsl  and 1 ethernet plug   im going to need a hub/router aprox 50 bucks  then the 25 bucks a mnth unlimited ph calls  this is all up front , guess what i'll do is get all set up  then after a few mnths  get my cable broadband connected again and do away with the normal phone and its line rental  what a bummer this wasnt out when i had my cable connection.

this is my aprox normal  monthly phone and internet costs in au
phone line rental 30 bucks a mnth
ph calls  20 to 27 cents a local call more to interstate and mobile/cell phones
calling number display cnd  7 bucks a mnth
and if u dont have ur own phone they charge you phone rental aprox  4 bucks+ a mnth ,  3 bucks if u want an unlisted #

adsl internet connection 40 bucks a mnth  2gigs data limit then its slowed to 28.8k once ive used that 
so as you can see i'll save a heck of a lot when i change over to cable  ,  after outlay
sooooo in a few mnths  look out pogo, oscar, homer and all on BH keep em warmed up for me cause i'll be able to afford em then. O0

Country Lady

Got to their web site and read what they have.  We had no activation fee, and only had to put up $20 for the the box to plug everything in to.
http://www.packet8.net/

hades

nanners

Gecko

hi gecko here (hey foxx u can call me the little lizard  lol ) , well ive managed to find an isp that does VOIP  and i now have it ,  my udder  isp,s  adsl  modem wouldnt work with the voip  switch box   smart bums have  router mode blocked.  i was thinking thats cause  they lose money if we use voip ,  so i changed to the same isp that provides the voip service   its up and running now  new modem is adsl/router all in one  , only thing ive noticed is  using the  speaker/hands free    cordless phone im using seems to fade at times   but im thinking it could be the phone  its  a very old  c-less/speaker ph,  i'll connecct the more modern digital speaker phone to the voip splitter box  later this week  , and mama  , what i did was add normal ph bills against voip  charges then work out if and what amount i would save/lose by changing over. btw mines at $9.95 a mnth    only downside is i have to keep 2 ph services because one runs adsl connection , every time .   
ee4.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview