Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Scientists Hold Out Hope for Diabetes Cure

Started by SaintHiρρo,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

We typically post things about different items. Saw this on Yahoo, read it briefly and thought it was something I should share. Just the start of it had me hoping they were closer than ever in solving one of life's mysteries. There are many illnesses we would all like cured. Hopefully they can knock this one off that list shortly.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20060323/hl_hsn/scientistsholdouthopefordiabetescure

Homer

I believe anything can be cured given the proper resources but then again if they found cures what would doctors and pharmaceutical companies do for money? :o

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

cowboy63

:)
Very true Homer.

The Cure would cost more than the lifetime treatment. But it is nice to know progress is being made.

I for one could not afford the cure.

:(

SI

Quote from: Homer on March 23, 2006, 05:08:32 PM
I believe anything can be cured given the proper resources but then again if they found cures what would doctors and pharmaceutical companies do for money? :o

That's why they changed their titles.  It used to be the "medical profession"; now it's the "health industry."  The pharma companies (the few that are left after all the buyouts) are now "giant pharmaceuticals" or the "pharmaceutical industry."  Then again, that's why so many doctors from throughout the world come to the US to set-up practices; it's where the money is.

G-d forbid that they should actually be concerned about saving lives or preventing diseases...  Personally, I believe that there are cures, or at least leads to the cures, to all the major diseases (hey, if they can map the entire human genome, they can figure out how to stop an illness).  It all comes down to the almighty dollar - what will get them more money, curing a person outright, or stringing them along for as long as they can "in hopes that a cure may be discovered down the line"?

lostinpogoland

i agree with dj  if something works right ,they take it off market

Strawberries~n~Cream

I "was" a diabetic...........it bites!!
It is a life-long losing adventure!

I REALLY hope they find a cure!!!

WAS.........I have had a transplant, so, yes, was diabetic.

It leaves it's mark very harshly!!

anyway....I could write a book, but research
is the key for "curing" any illness!!

SouthPadreIsland

I am a diabetic - type 1.  Hopefully they do find some kind of cure - insulin is not fun.  When I got pregnant the dosage increased so much that I was up to 100 units 2xday.  Something about the hormones blocking the receptors, then I had the baby and I didn't need insulin at all.  But gradually after time I had to return to insulin....hopefully they will research what chemicals are released in the body after birth and see what they could do for a cure.  Mixing insulin and testing blood is painful and inconvenient.  Good luck Scientists!

nanners

I AM a diabetic..have been since '88..now on shots now..2 times a day.
I WANT A CURE!!! lol tired of poking myself.

Strawberries~n~Cream

I was diagnosed 1969  when I was 7.......

I've BTDT to any and every problem you could come up with,
and probably some you haven't heard yet. 

In 1969, it wasn't testing your own blood... and only 1 shot a day.
Oh yeah..... we did urine tests at home before every meal and before bed.

Anyway.... it's 2006 and I am no longer diabetic.
I have 1 of my mom's kidneys, ( yes kidney failure and dialysis and 1/2 of her pancreas.
They are working well for me, and mom is still healthy.

PTL and Thank-God for moms!!!
      <3   <3   <3

nanners

Thats just super Strawberries.. God bless you and your mom..((HUGS))

Blu

Quote from: Homer on March 23, 2006, 05:08:32 PM

This reminds me a funny, yet true, quote from Chris Rock...
"What's the last sh** a doctor cured? Polio. You know how long ago polio was? That's like the first season of Lucy. Sh**, Fred had an Afro with finger waves! Have you ever met anybody with polio? Anybody feel a little 'poly around you? No. That's right, they don't cure sh**. The same diseases been hanging out since l was a kid: AIDS, sickle cell, tuberculosis, cancer, Jerry's kids still limping around. l've been watching the Jerry Lewis Telethon...for probably about  25  or  30  years now. Not one stitch of progress whatsoever. Come on, man. Lie to me, Jerry! What the f*** you doing, Jerry? Put a stick in the kid's back, prop him up or some sh**!"

P.S. Hope noone's offended. I'm not, & I'm a former Jerry's Kid (muscular dystrophy).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview