PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 08:57:51 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Ad-ware

Started by lioness,

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Lady

Using SpyBot search and distroy and Ad-Aware will help.  I have both and if one don't catch something the other will.  If all else fails, go to AumHa forum.  They have techs there that will tell you exactly what programs to run and will walk you through cleaning your computer.
Here is the link for posting a Hijack this log.  http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
Be sure to read the instructions on their site before posting.
The will get rid of the pop-ups too.
O0

RC

Quote from: lioness on March 21, 2006, 11:31:27 AM
Thank you for answering so soon but is is the lava ad-ware I am having trouble with.

Quote from: lioness on March 21, 2006, 12:38:28 PM
Thank you all for answering so fast.I will explain it a little beter hopefully.
First of all I have Norton Antivirus. When it is finished Under File Name It says Installbo-fsq.exe
Under Threat name it says Adware.Screen Se..... Under Action it says Adware found Under status it says At Risk. When I went to symtoms it said detects afile as Packed.Adware. I phoned Dell and they want me to reinstall operating system. I have to put stuff on discs etc. I am not that good at computer stuff to do all that. I hope you can still help me please. Thanking you all again.I really appreciate your responses.

I don't know if I'm reading you right, if you're getting things confused, or if you're just making a typo or what. But going by exactly what you typed, it looks like you think you are having trouble with Lavasoft's Ad-Aware (which you typed as "ad-ware") because the file that comes up as being a threat says "adware". But "adware" is just a name for the type of spyware that is like annoying ads and whatnot.. the program, Ad-Aware, is completely different and is supposed to be getting rid of those exact things. I don't believe the file that is coming up as a threat is from the program, Ad-Aware, but from something else entirely. Again, sorry if I misread what you were saying, but that is what it looked like to me.

Country Lady

Thats what it is looking like to me also.  It looks like your program is finding adware and wants to get rid of it.  Adware is the nasties and AD-AWARE is a program to get rid of them.
Get SpyBot or Lava Soft's AD-AWARE program and run them on your computer.  Let them fix anything that they find.  That means anything that shows up in red or as critical.

sonny194558

i find that when you get a pop up leave it open until you get the link address then go to browser 1st tools to internet options click on privacy tob at top then click on sites then where it says sites type http a drop down list will appear fint the link and highlite it then click block
hope this helps                            h99ultra

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview