PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:54:28 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

double browser

Started by qtass,

Previous topic - Next topic

qtass

Was just reading on the double browser thing and was wonderin wont Pogo know that two accounts are coming from the same IP address at the same time? ??? ??? ??? or am i wrong ...could be .. ;D ;D...qtass...Great site O0

bobby

bobby

not being rude, just saying that pogo probably does know but we don't care, that's why we still do it :) sorry... worded that bad :-X

SI

Quote from: qtass on March 27, 2006, 08:49:13 PM
Was just reading on the double browser thing and was wonderin wont Pogo know that two accounts are coming from the same IP address at the same time? ??? ??? ??? or am i wrong ...could be .. ;D ;D...qtass...Great site O0

They wouldn't have any way of knowing, as long as you used the double-browser method instead of Smart Explorer.  With the double-browser method, you're using two different versions of Java (Sun & MSVJM).  It's like people that have multiple computers sharing a broadband connection; all of them show up as the same IP address.  Hope that clears things up O0

RC

And I think that's one of the last things they care about catching you doing.. unless you're doing something that is worse while double browsing. If you're just playing vs. yourself in a game to help you get a badge, I don't think they would have a need to check.. unless someone complains about you and reports your name, then making Pogo come to you and have a record of what you're doing. But you could still be 2 seperate players even with the same IP address as DJ said.. just don't use 2 names that are almost identical, with just the slightest variation, so it doesn't look like the same person playing 2 names. (i.e. JoeSchmo1 vs. JoeSchmo2)

Shady Lady

Only you and the moderaters here can see your IP address. It's hidden to everyone else.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview