PlayBuddy
October 09, 2024, 10:20:14 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Stack'em HD : Remove 1800 animals this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 50 black suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 68 disco balls or discoball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I NEED SERIOUS HELP!!!

Started by chaserice02,

Previous topic - Next topic

chaserice02

???I cant download anything. It started off when i went to download an auto player. The download window comes up and i select save and save it to my desktop. It saves and it shows up on thedesktop but then when the saved percentage gets to 99% it takes a long pause and then the download window closes. I thought o well that means its finished, but here is the thing when the download box closes the icon on my desktop for the autoplayer dissappears also.  I thought it was just the autoplayer so i tried another one, but then the same thing happened.  And then i went to try and download Fox internet explorer and the same thing happened there. I currently have ie 7. Can anyone help me? PLEASE!!! :(

Helen

Sorry I can't help you out but hopefully someone will have an answer for you soon.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: chaserice02 on March 26, 2006, 09:16:50 AM
  ???I cant download anything. It started off when i went to download an auto player. The download window comes up and i select save and save it to my desktop. It saves and it shows up on thedesktop but then when the saved percentage gets to 99% it takes a long pause and then the download window closes. I thought o well that means its finished, but here is the thing when the download box closes the icon on my desktop for the autoplayer dissappears also.  I thought it was just the autoplayer so i tried another one, but then the same thing happened.  And then i went to try and download Fox internet explorer and the same thing happened there. I currently have ie 7. Can anyone help me? PLEASE!!! :(

Could be one of the many problems with IE 7 Beta!

Helen

How can I find out what version of IE I'm running?

chaserice02

Thanks for trying to help. Is there anyway to go back to ie 6 or something?

Tara

Quote from: Helen on March 26, 2006, 09:52:53 AM

I go to where IExplorer is downloaded ...I find the Iexplorer exe file and right click it ..then click properties and then click version and it will tell you on the first line ...File version 6.00 is what mine says....someone may have a easier to tell.

dillonsmom

restore your comp to right before you downloaded IE 7. I had it and it was not compatible with some stuff i run so i restored it was alot easier.

Tara

Quote from: chaserice02 on March 26, 2006, 10:33:19 AM
Thanks for trying to help. Is there anyway to go back to ie 6 or something?

Do you see where the search button is to find a topic?  Try just putting IE7 in there...theres alot of different threads on it ...you might find something in there until someone who knows answers you..gl on finding your answer.

chaserice02

i restored and still the same... But this time it said that Windows Dfender had a error. does that mean anything to anybody?

Helen

Quote from: Tara on March 26, 2006, 10:34:58 AM
Quote from: Helen on March 26, 2006, 09:52:53 AM

I go to where IExplorer is downloaded ...I find the Iexplorer exe file and right click it ..then click properties and then click version and it will tell you on the first line ...File version 6.00 is what mine says....someone may have a easier to tell.

Thanks!! Did what you said and found it.

chaserice02

i have version 6 on my computer not version 7 of ie. now is there any advice anyone can give me? Please help as much as possible.

Tara

Quote from: chaserice02 on March 26, 2006, 11:39:59 AM
i have version 6 on my computer not version 7 of ie. now is there any advice anyone can give me? Please help as much as possible.

What is it doing now?

chaserice02

The same thing. it will download untill 99% COMPLETE and then Dissappear to my incomplete file folder.

crankycook

I use IE 7 and don't have any problem downloading anything. Try deleting the one you have in your incomplete download folder, reboot your computer, and try again. That is the only thing I can think of, at the moment.

Shunter_64

An easier way helen is to click help on your explorer bar, and from the drop down menu click about internet explorer,

It brings up a little window with with all the info you need.

SugarBear

Quote from: chaserice02 on March 26, 2006, 11:01:05 AM
i restored and still the same... But this time it said that Windows Dfender had a error. does that mean anything to anybody?

Do a google search on Windows Defender, it has a lot about it on there.  I would delete my previous downloads, delete temp files, run scan disk, and disable Windows Defender and antivirus software temporarily, and try again.  Wouldn't hurt to run spyware check also.  You can also go to add/remove programs and click on IE and chose remove, it will give you an option of remove or repair, chose repair.

Hope that helps some.

nightperson

im waiting to make sure it is ok before i dl the new ie dont wat it to mess up on my autos he.gif

WindSong

It could be your anti-virus program preventing the download completion.... not saying it's a virus but there could be some conflict with the antivirus program and IE 7.  I know when I download and it gets to 99%, my antivirus program scans it before completing the download.  If there's a virus, the download disappears.  Try disabling the antivirus program and try downloading again.  Hope it works.

harley89

Anytime I have a problem I cant resolve . I try doing rountine maintence. Run disk clean up then defrag the hard drive. Lastly I will run scan disk. Usually this clears it up. When all else has failed give this a go It wont hurt. When you run scan disk be sure to check repair errors

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview