PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:47:37 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo chain letters

Started by SI,

Previous topic - Next topic

SI

Okay, seriously, what is it about Pogo and chain letters?  I mean, I just logged on and had 17 new messages, all about the same stupid chain letter!  The worst part is that I didn't know any of the people; one person had me on their address list, and it seemed the rest of them just replied all.  Here's the tripe in question, followed by my response ;D

QuoteChinese Horoscope (Freakishly correct - whatever you do, don't cheat!)

CHINESE HOROSCOPE:
THE YEAR OF THE DOG, WISHING YOU PROSPERITY AND GOOD FORTUNE IN THE CHINESE NEW YEAR FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS - DO NOT CHEAT OR IT WON'T WORK AND YOU WILL WISH YOU HADN`T.

TAKE 3 MINUTES

TRY THIS - IT WILL FREAK YOU OUT.

THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO ME SAID HER WISH CAME TRUE 10 MINUTES AFTER SHE FORWARDED THE EMAIL

NO CHEATING!!!!

THIS GAME HAS A FUNNY / CREEPY OUTCOME.

DO NOT READ AHEAD, JUST DO IT.

IT TAKES ABOUT 3 MINUTES - WORTH A TRY

1st. Get PEN and PAPER

2nd. WHEN CHOOSING NAMES, MAKE SURE THEY ARE REAL PEOPLE THAT YOU ACTUALLY KNOW

3rd. GO WITH YOUR FIRST INSTINCTS !!!!! Very important for good results.

4th. SCROLL DOWN ONE LINE AT THE TIME DON`T READ AHEAD otherwise YOU WILL RUIN THE FUN.

1. On a blank sheet of paper, WRITE NUMBERS 1 through 11 in a COLUMN on the LEFT.
*excessive blank lines deleted*
2. BESIDE the NUMBERS 1 & 2, WRITE DOWN ANY 2 NUMBERS YOU WANT. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE NUMBER?
3. BESIDE the NUMBERS 3 & 7, WRITE DOWN THE NAMES OF TWO MEMBERS OF THE OPPOSITE SEX.
CAUTION: DO NOT LOOK AHEAD or IT WILL NOT TURN OUT RIGHT
4. WRITE ANYONES NAME (like FRIENDS or FAMILY...) next to 4, 5, & 6.
DON`T CHEAT OR YOU`LL BE UPSET THAT YOU DID
5. WRITE down FOUR SONG TITLES in 8, 9, 10, & 11
6. Finally, MAKE A WISH
ARE YOU READY? HERE IS THE KEY TO THE GAME

1. THE NUMBER of PEOPLE YOU MUST TELL ABOUT THIS GAME is found in SPACE 2

2. THE PERSON IN SPACE 3 IS THE ONE YOU LOVE

3. THE PERSON YOU LIKE but your relationship CANNOT WORK is in SPACE 7

4. YOU CARE MOST about the PERSON you put in SPACE 4

5. THE PERSON YOU NAME IN NUMBER 5 IS THE ONE WHO KNOWS YOU VERY WELL.

6. THE PERSON YOU NAMED IN 6 IS THE YOUR LUCKY STAR

7. THE SONG IN 8 IS THE SONG THAT MATCHES WITH THE PERSON IN NUMBER 3

8. THE TITLE IN 9 IS THE SONG FOR THE PERSON IN 7

9. THE 10TH SPACE IS THE SONG THAT TELLS YOU MOST ABOUT YOUR MIND

10. AND 11 IS THE SONG TELLING HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT LIFE

11. NUMBER 1 IS YOUR LUCKY NUMBER

SEND THIS TO A MINIMUM OF 10 PEOPLE WITHIN AN HOUR OF READING THIS.

IF YOU DO, YOUR WISH WILL COME TRUE.

IF YOU FAIL TO, IT WILL BECOME THE OPPOSITE

STRANGE HOW IT SEEMS TO WORK

To which I replied to each & every one of the 17:

QuoteWhat in the hell is wrong with you people?  Are you really so stupid as to believe everything that you read?  I mean, seriously, how old are you?  Am I to assume that you still believe in the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny & Santa Claus?  They're about as realistic, if not more so, than the drivel is these damn chain letters!

That brings me to another question...  Who the hell are you, and WHY ARE YOU SENDING ME THIS CRAP?  If you don't know me, don't just arbitrarily include me in your group psychosis just because one person did.  The only thing worse than one idiot sending me this garbage is the sixteen lemmings that followed in their footsteps.  Seriously, grow up.

RC

There is one option that is a blessing with these kinds of things. If you go to your Pogo mail, and on the left under "Preferences", check the first box, "Only accept invitations and messages from players on my Friends List." You'll never get those stupid things again.. unless someone that is on your friends list sends it to you, and then at least you will know them and can tell them politely that you don't care for those sort of things, and they shouldn't send anymore. I see a lot of people complain about these letters, even to the Editor or Miss Netiquette, or whoever.. and the whole time it can be taken care of with a simple check in that box. You should never get mail from someone you don't know, it's an easy thing to take care of.

Helen

Quote from: RC on March 28, 2006, 09:02:52 PM
There is one option that is a blessing with these kinds of things. If you go to your Pogo mail, and on the left under "Preferences", check the first box, "Only accept invitations and messages from players on my Friends List." You'll never get those stupid things again.. unless someone that is on your friends list sends it to you, and then at least you will know them and can tell them politely that you don't care for those sort of things, and they shouldn't send anymore. I see a lot of people complain about these letters, even to the Editor or Miss Netiquette, or whoever.. and the whole time it can be taken care of with a simple check in that box. You should never get mail from someone you don't know, it's an easy thing to take care of.

Very good advice RC. As soon as I found the option I used it and no more stupid petitions for me to have to erase.

nanners

WHAT?!?!?? NO Easter Bunny.... r1.gif I'm crushed ..Think I'll go lay down.. :(

Bree

Quote from: nanners on March 29, 2006, 12:49:13 AM

Nanners do not let them get you done....we all know there is a Easter Bunny......see -> r1.gif

nanners

Whew! Thank you Bree..Now he can  bring me some 'sugar-free' chocolates... :D

Bree

You're welcome Nanners.....all you have to do is "believe"......LOL ;)

nanners

*clicks her ruby slippers* and says I DO I DO believe......wait thats another movie!!
oh well,,it worked.. ee2.1.gif

ClingFree

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 28, 2006, 08:44:25 PM
Okay, seriously, what is it about Pogo and chain letters?  I mean, I just logged on and had 17 new messages, all about the same stupid chain letter!  The worst part is that I didn't know any of the people; one person had me on their address list, and it seemed the rest of them just replied all.  Here's the tripe in question, followed by my response ;D

Im sorry DJ ... I wont send you anymore chain letters   >:D

Tara

omg   :)) :)) r1.gif

nightperson

Quote from: Tara on March 29, 2006, 05:21:28 AM

omg   :)) :)) r1.gif

feel the  <3 in this part and for the bunny  :)) :)) i have a big one at home want him :))

LastCall

I did receive chain letters
    and that is what I did a few months ago

Shady Lady

I get the same things. I have one person that is notorious for forwarding everything they get. I just blocked them and my mail cut in half. Hope they never send anything that I really need to answer. Guess I can just tell them I didn't get it because my box was full of the bs that you sent before it.  :))

Helen

Quote from: shadylady_129 on March 29, 2006, 08:58:37 PM
I get the same things. I have one person that is notorious for forwarding everything they get. I just blocked them and my mail cut in half. Hope they never send anything that I really need to answer. Guess I can just tell them I didn't get it because my box was full of the bs that you sent before it.  :))

HA!!! That would be a very good response.

Libra

What's even worse are those USELESS petitions.  Gawd, those things drove me nuts. 

And Forwards.. Please... Bill Gates is not going to give anyone a million dollars if you forward the email and that kid in Nebraska is NOT going to die because you didn't forward the email to 8000 of your closest friends in 2.5 seconds, and my wish is not going to come true if I forward the email and No one in Nigeria is going to deposit $1,564,458,759.23 in my bank account.  Do these people HONESTLY believe this crap?  >:D >:D >:D

I just told everyone on my buddy list that if they sent me a forward or petition, they'd be blocked.  Period, end of story.

Lib
Strangling Tara's avatar.....

nightperson

i ask them not to send them again and i thank them but if i get them again and again then i block them for good ee2.gif

PogoKaz

These things used to petrify me when I was younger, now I just press the delete key :)

ClingFree

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 31, 2006, 12:23:15 PM

What's even worse are those USELESS petitions.  Gawd, those things drove me nuts. 

And Forwards.. Please... Bill Gates is not going to give anyone a million dollars if you forward the email and that kid in Nebraska is NOT going to die because you didn't forward the email to 8000 of your closest friends in 2.5 seconds, and my wish is not going to come true if I forward the email and No one in Nigeria is going to deposit $1,564,458,759.23 in my bank account.  Do these people HONESTLY believe this crap?  >:D >:D >:D

I just told everyone on my buddy list that if they sent me a forward or petition, they'd be blocked.  Period, end of story.

Lib

Wait .. You mean my check isnt in the mail?  :-\

Tara

Quote from: ClingFree on March 31, 2006, 01:35:45 PM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 31, 2006, 12:23:15 PM

Lib

Wait .. You mean my check isnt in the mail?  :-\

Thats what it means...and it means I'm not having the best sex in my life in 10 days either  >:(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview