PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 10:31:10 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo just isn't right....

Started by dizzy311,

Previous topic - Next topic

ClingFree

Quote from: dizzy311 on March 30, 2006, 04:35:20 PM

NOTE: Bree, i'm a guy...lol....but for the right money i can be a woman for ya..j/k. :D

:))   Oooh you are sooo gonna fit right in here Dizzy!!!

nightperson

well i dont think no1 should be banned for a name they have add for years but the ones that start trouble yes but pogo slow on that end but if they need the money they will banned something for nothing just to get you to get another account that is my 2 1/2 cents lost a 1/2 at work today :))

lostinpogoland

GirleeGirl

I too was banned awhile back for having an offensive name. I agree that pogo should have something in place to stop people from making screennames they deem offensive, however I have to admit I am perplexed. What exactly is offensive? What offends you may not offend me, and vice versa. I sometimes sit and watch chat in rooms, and people get all freaked out and throw the "offensive" card over things that I consider trivial, even stupid. How do these people leave their homes and venture out into the real world? One thing is for sure, they do so without a "report" button. I personally believe that a lot go around looking to report people because they are so miserable in their own lives and don't have the cookies to deal with it. Lastly, I think pogo should have EITHER a mute or report button, but I disagree with having both. If the so-called offended person is truly offended, they have the power to stop being so by muting. The problem is, most people cannot (refuse to) mute. They enjoy the drama too dang much!

Bree

Quote from: dizzy311 on March 30, 2006, 04:35:20 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome and all the ideas to try and get my account back.

NOTE: Bree, i'm a guy...lol....but for the right money i can be a woman for ya..j/k. :D

Anyways, check this out...this is how screwed up pogo is. I wrote them an e-mail explaining that i didn't think it was fair that i got banned blah blah blah.....I got one back from Pogo Dave A. that asked me if i was inquiring about a suspension or a termination...hmmm...the first sentence in my e-mail was......You guys banned my account because of my screename.....i'm beginning to wonder if they even have a clue

Note: Dizzy, I am sorry I did not get your gender right.  It happens........ :P

zeboo

I was banned from pogo for an old screen name years ago and there was nothing offensive about it, I think pogo needs a yearly checkup in the head. I think they should at least give you the chance to change it  :-\     e4.gif>

Mary

like someone else said it is the people in pogoland who are doin this they report everyone they say has an ofensive name  sometimes i think they go room to room doin this  >:( but pogo does need something on there sign up that stops peeps from usin a sn they think is not good like pc here has  :D and i agree that if they band a sn they need to let you transfer tokens and badges to a new sn gl gettin your pogo stuff back  O0

Libra

Quote from: GirleeGirl on March 31, 2006, 04:44:41 AM
I too was banned awhile back for having an offensive name. I agree that pogo should have something in place to stop people from making screennames they deem offensive, however I have to admit I am perplexed. What exactly is offensive? What offends you may not offend me, and vice versa. I sometimes sit and watch chat in rooms, and people get all freaked out and throw the "offensive" card over things that I consider trivial, even stupid. How do these people leave their homes and venture out into the real world? One thing is for sure, they do so without a "report" button. I personally believe that a lot go around looking to report people because they are so miserable in their own lives and don't have the cookies to deal with it. Lastly, I think pogo should have EITHER a mute or report button, but I disagree with having both. If the so-called offended person is truly offended, they have the power to stop being so by muting. The problem is, most people cannot (refuse to) mute. They enjoy the drama too dang much!

Well said,girlee.  And welcome to the foray... I mean forum!  O0

Lib

GirleeGirl

Thanks Libra. I actually lurk on a daily basis, and have for quite sometime. I just get lazy and don't sign in. I have to say I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts, as you seem to have a hilarious (but knowledgeable) outlook on things.

SugarBear

I wouldn't even try dealing with pogo by email.  They only answer questions with stupid questions that you've already stated.  I'd call them!   If you can't get the phone number pm me and I'll give it to you.  I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here.   

foxx

Quote from: GirleeGirl on March 31, 2006, 10:16:15 PM
Thanks Libra. I acutally lurk on a daily basis, and have for quite sometime. I just get lazy and don't sign in. I have to say I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts, as you seem to have a hilarious (but knowledgeable) outlook on things.

She does?  I just thought she was a giant B!tch.... :))

Tara

Quote from: foxx on April 01, 2006, 09:17:12 AM
Thanks Libra. I acutally lurk on a daily basis, and have for quite sometime. I just get lazy and don't sign in. I have to say I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts, as you seem to have a hilarious (but knowledgeable) outlook on things.

She does?  I just thought she was a giant B!tch.... :))

omg...great slam   :)) :))

Lib can still fool people...you go chickie  >:D

dizzy311

Quote from: SugarBear on March 31, 2006, 10:38:45 PM
I wouldn't even try dealing with pogo by email.  They only answer questions with stupid questions that you've already stated.  I'd call them!   If you can't get the phone number pm me and I'll give it to you.  I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here.   

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do i pm one here?

foxx

You need to have 25 posts first...then you can PM...

dizzy311

foxx

Quote from: dizzy311 on April 01, 2006, 03:31:52 PM
Thanks Foxx O0

You're very welcome...

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forum!  Enjoy your stay!

Libra

Awww, thanks Girlee!  :-* 

Now, excuse me while I go throw this  ee2.1.gif at Foxx.  >:D >:D

:))
Lib

nightperson

Quote from: dizzy311 on April 01, 2006, 03:31:52 PM
Thanks Foxx O0

welcome dizzy to the forum we are here to help you on what every is is this is a fun place

foxx

Quote from: SunnyLibra on April 01, 2006, 03:42:41 PM

Awww, thanks Girlee!  :-* 

Now, excuse me while I go throw this  ee2.1.gif at Foxx.  >:D >:D

:))
Lib

sing songy voice...You can't catch me...neener neener neener!

dizzy311

Once again, thank you all for the welcomes. Now excuse me while i go and hide from all these eggs that are flying around.....  :o

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview