PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 01:06:42 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo just isn't right....

Started by dizzy311,

Previous topic - Next topic

dizzy311

Hello all. I'm a newbie here. I just got permantly banned from pogo because of my screename. I really don't understand this because i really didn't have any swear words in it..the offensive part i guess was ******BADAZZ, and that's how it was spelled.

The thing i don't understand is that in every word game on their site you can use the word a then s then s (don't know if it's cool to spell it out here either  ;) ) , yet they ban me for my name which doesn't even have the word in it. I think pogo has become holier than thou and needs to check itself. I'm sure in a month or two they will be e-mailing me to come back to pogo and sign up because they want that almighty dollar, well they can kiss my butt because i won't be giving them anymore of my money if this is how they are gonna treat people that did absolutely nothing wrong.

Oh, and for the record, i had the screenname since 2001 and now all of a sudden it's bad...sheesh :-\

Tara

Sorry to hear that...Thats good ole Pogo for you...You would think if your name was bad they wouldn't let you make it in the first place...and 2nd if they needed to get rid of the name they should of contacted you and have you change your name giving you your tokens and badges...Email the crap out of them...gl

ClingFree

Dizzy ... Welcome to the forum ...

You're right Pogo just ain't right - Ive seen on here it has happened to a few people, and I think its a buncha crap. They let you make the name, then yank it away? <Insert eye roll here>

harley89

You are right they should tell you at the time the sn isnt acceptable. To have the name for 5 years then ban someone  is wrong. But you arent the first to post this on this board. Pogo needs a attitude adjust quick. 

nightperson

sry to here that some ppl have nothing better to do then to turn pl in on stuff that is none of the business but they can be some rude ppl  ee4.gif

missminimouse

Same thing happened to a friend of mine,  had the s/n for years then suddenly was banned for it.  Pathetic,  they should have just let you change it to something less offensive.  My husband once made a s/n on pogo that looked very similar to the end of yours,   but was s's instead of z's,   and never had a problem with it,   although he doesn't use that name now.  He purchased club pogo using a different name and there shouldn't be any issues with it,   I hope.

saria

My s/n is the name of a popular comp game- you think I might get banned for advertising or something?? That's the way it seems to be going in Pogo. I gues all our names should be snowwhite1, 2, 3 etc..Oh wait..no..that breaches copyright! Darn it! :-X

Bree

I also agree that Pogo is getting out of hand with there banning people for having a name over 5 years and then saying you should not have that name.  Pogo is in this just for the money and could care less about the people, but I bet if you make another s/n they would take you money in seconds.

I would try to keep writing them to see if you can get you account back and if that does not work try calling them.  I wish you good luck in getting your name back Dizzy.  :)

Oh yes....and Welcome to the forum Dizzy!!!!

Libra

Quote from: dizzy311 on March 30, 2006, 05:51:59 AM
Hello all. I'm a newbie here. I just got permantly banned from pogo because of my screename. I really don't understand this because i really didn't have any swear words in it..the offensive part i guess was ******BADAZZ, and that's how it was spelled.

The thing i don't understand is that in every word game on their site you can use the word a then s then s (don't know if it's cool to spell it out here either  ;) ) , yet they ban me for my name which doesn't even have the word in it. I think pogo has become holier than thou and needs to check itself. I'm sure in a month or two they will be e-mailing me to come back to pogo and sign up because they want that almighty dollar, well they can kiss my butt because i won't be giving them anymore of my money if this is how they are gonna treat people that did absolutely nothing wrong.

Oh, and for the record, i had the screenname since 2001 and now all of a sudden it's bad...sheesh :-\

Dizzy,  I would go to them and raise holy hell!  That IS NOT right.  If it was unacceptable, they should have a program in place that identifies such names and not allow you to use it.  Threaten to sue them, they'll not want to go through the legal hassle and probably just give you your account back but with a different name.

Lib
PS. Welcome to the forum  O0  You'll find a lot of sympathizers here.

nightperson

Quote from: Bree on March 30, 2006, 08:23:54 AM
I also agree that Pogo is getting out of hand with there banning people for having a name over 5 years and then saying you should not have that name.  Pogo is in this just for the money and could care less about the people, but I bet if you make another s/n they would take you money in seconds.

I would try to keep writing them to see if you can get you account back and if that does not work try calling them.  I wish you good luck in getting your name back Dizzy.  :)

i see your point but what better for them to banned them for anything because to me they thing they will get another name and pay pogo make more money not fair for some1 to have it this long not fair ::)

Bree

Quote from: nightperson on March 30, 2006, 09:28:24 AM

i see your point but what better for them to banned them for anything because to me they thing they will get another name and pay pogo make more money not fair for some1 to have it this long not fair ::)

I do not think it is fair also Night and I do not want Dizzy to make a new s/n.  I think she should fight the ban and get her name back.  :)

nightperson

Helen

Pogo needs to get off their moral throne before they lose a lot of subscribers

Libra

Quote from: Bree on March 30, 2006, 09:45:06 AM
Quote from: nightperson on March 30, 2006, 09:28:24 AM

I do not think it is fair also Night and I do not want Dizzy to make a new s/n.  I think she should fight the ban and get her name back.  :)

Well, I of course would fight for the same screenname, however, would it not be better to have the old account back with just a new screenname than no account at all?  If I remember correctly, I believe that's what someone else on this forum did. I believe they kept their badges and tokens, too.

Lib

Tara

A friend of mine had a name since 2000 and it got banned about a month ago...they let him transfer his tokens and badges to a new club name...Now the name that got banned  still shows on my friends list without a membership though. If its banned ,it should be taken off..I tried to make the same name that he got banned and it told me the screenname was already taken..It should of given me the big "Family Site" speech  ::)

nightperson

that is werid i wonder why still showing it dont make since

shoes

I find it odd that Pogo will ban someone because of their name, yet in their word games there are many "4 letter" words that will be accepted!! What's up with that??? ???

missminimouse

Good question,   ever notice how some words are excepted on whackdown but not word whomp?  Like the word rape.   In whackdown it's excepted,  but in Whomp it's not.   go figure

nightperson

ya i have seen some very bad word in the game myself who knows what pogo does anymore

dizzy311

Thank you for the warm welcome and all the ideas to try and get my account back.

NOTE: Bree, i'm a guy...lol....but for the right money i can be a woman for ya..j/k. :D

Anyways, check this out...this is how screwed up pogo is. I wrote them an e-mail explaining that i didn't think it was fair that i got banned blah blah blah.....I got one back from Pogo Dave A. that asked me if i was inquiring about a suspension or a termination...hmmm...the first sentence in my e-mail was......You guys banned my account because of my screename.....i'm beginning to wonder if they even have a clue

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview