Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Stressed, worried, scared, need friends

Started by missminimouse,

Previous topic - Next topic

bubblegum

yes do check with local Churches to see if they can pay all or part of the rent you do owe so the land lord and/or judge at least sees your trying to catch up on it.  Where I live the Red Cross, Salvation Army and YWCA are great places start with.  Even if they can't pay anyting toward your rent, they mat at least hook you up with a place to live and some food until you can move in to your new home.

missminimouse

Quote from: WindSong on March 30, 2006, 12:19:46 PM
I am a landlord and I'm guessing you're more than 30 days in arrears with your rent.  It's heartbreaking to have to evict anyone, especially when there are children in the home..... Why don't you try talking with your landlord and explain your situation with them.  Most people I know would extend your stay for a couple of weeks without you taking the chance that a judge will do that.  BTW, the judge can't just extend your time.  He must follow the laws of your particular state and he can't take into consideration whether you have children or what hardships you are facing.  Another suggestion is talk with your local housing authority.  I know in a couple of instances they did pay the rent for some of my tenants when they were unable to pay it themselves.  Also, some of the churches have funds for this type situation.  Be sure u do go to court.  Failure to appear guarantees the plaintiff will win with whatever request they are making.   At least if you are present and your landlord has any facts incorrect, you can correct them with the judge.  Good luck to you and your family.  I hope things get brighter very soon.

This is a large community,   a very large company owns the estate,   so pleeding my case with my landlord is out of the question.   I've already attempted to get the back rent paid,  but because our rent is so high,  most charities do not have that amount of funds.  Right now my in-laws are trying to work with their bank to get the closing date of our new home moved up a bit so it overlaps with when we need to be out of here.   Unfortunatly I'm not entirely sure they can do that either.    I'll keep you guys posted with any news as I get it.  

*~Peri~*

Your local housing authority should help.. We own 4 rental properties & I work for a Realtor.. Many times if you talk to your landlord & tell them your situation & offer them something, they will do whatever they can not to evict ASAP.. Middle of the month here in Illinois is hard to find renters... Also, Talk to your local church.. If one church doesnt work, then go to another one... I will pray for you...

lostinpogoland

my heart goes out to you,hope things work out god bless you and your little ones <3

WindSong

WOW .. haven't been able to get u off my mind since yesterday.  Did some checking and found a couple of other places that might help you if you have them in your area.  Check out these links and then see if you have something similar in your area.

http://www.wakegov.com/humanservices/economic/housing/housingemergency.htm

http://www.wakegov.com/humanservices/economic/assistance/default.htm

Sure hope someone can come to your rescue soon.  Do you mind telling what state you're in.  Maybe someone can help you more if we knew at least a general location.  God bless!!

Mary

gl to you and family i`ve been in your situation before years ago and here in cali there where no emergency funds or housing available then hope you find help soon....

missminimouse

Hopefully we'll be learning the exact closing day of our new home any day now.  I did read on a site that you can ask the judge to prolong the eviction,   so I will try that.  I will also try to talk to the landlord,  but first I want to wait untill I know the exact closing date of the new house,  so I know when we can move in there.   For right now everythings sorta up in the air so I just have to wait and see. 

Gecko

i sure do wish you all the best i cant help you because i dont know how the law works there  ,, my wife and myself had to sleep in the car yrs ago because i mis timed  an eviction notice   we was moving elsewhere  and i thought we had every thing  timmed  to move from one place to another  , i know how stressfull ur situation is  ,  what made our situation worse was due to the fact of  it over an easter period  (nothing open)  and  by not attending  court/hearing  i didnt count on easter holidays  so its easy to make mistakes  ,  i know you have kids  so it would be much worse sleeping in car for 2 weeks   and at freinds  on and off ,   all of our  problems could of been avoided if only i/we attended the hearing  ,  so what ever  you do or anyone says dont take there word for it  still attend any hearings so you will know first hand whats going on ,    good luck to you from my family to urs  next time after ur move  i hope to see you posting in here  and grabbing those pogo badges 
(((((((((((HUGSSSSS))))))))))))))))))))
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

missminimouse

Just want to let everyone know,  I learned a new bit of news today.   Still no exact closing date on the new house,  but everything is going smoothly,  shouldn't be too much longer before we're able to move in there.   Also,   our court date has been changed.   It's no longer the 20th.   It's been moved to the 27th,   and we'll have 72 hours after that to move out,   wich gives us an extra week.  So that's really great news.   Thank you all for your prayers and support.   Will give you more news as I get it.  Have a great Easter!!!!

ClingFree

Quote from: missminimouse on April 14, 2006, 07:18:36 AM
Just want to let everyone know,  I learned a new bit of news today.   Still no exact closing date on the new house,  but everything is going smoothly,  shouldn't be too much longer before we're able to move in there.   Also,   our court date has been changed.   It's no longer the 20th.   It's been moved to the 27th,   and we'll have 72 hours after that to move out,   wich gives us an extra week.  So that's really great news.   Thank you all for your prayers and support.   Will give you more news as I get it.  Have a great Easter!!!!

Very glad to hear that some of the weight has been lifted from your shoulders!

Gecko

great news to hear  Happy easter to you and your family   e5.gif> ee2.1.gif ee2.1.gif r2.gif r1.gif e5.gif> e5.gif>

Helen

Quote from: missminimouse on April 14, 2006, 07:18:36 AM

So glad for that bit of news. Must be a relief to you that the date was pushed back.

You have a very Happy Easter.

Keep us up to date on what is happening.   e5.gif>

crankycook

That is good news. And at least takes some of the worry off your shoulders. My prayers are still with you. Happy Easter

missminimouse

Well,  I'm getting everything packed up,   we're moving out this weekend.   We're just waiting on the final paper work on the new house,  and my in-laws have a meeting with the lawyer today,   so if we haven't closed on the new house by tomorrow,  then definitly Monday or Tuesday next week.   Our power is being turned on over there on Monday and cable will be on Thursday.  I've got so much to do in the meantime,   soooooo much packing.   Anyone want to come over and help?  LOL

Helen

Quote from: missminimouse on April 27, 2006, 06:10:38 AM
Well,  I'm getting everything packed up,   we're moving out this weekend.   We're just waiting on the final paper work on the new house,  and my in-laws have a meeting with the lawyer today,   so if we haven't closed on the new house by tomorrow,  then definitly Monday or Tuesday next week.   Our power is being turned on over there on Monday and cable will be on Thursday.  I've got so much to do in the meantime,   soooooo much packing.   Anyone want to come over and help?  LOL

Min, that's good news!! I'm so happy that things worked out for you.  :D
How about I watch the kids for you while you do the packing!!!  :))

Jonathan

thats such good news im glad everything turned out ok...good luck with the new house ;::

Jackpotloser

Love to here about a happy ending and a New beginning :) missminimouse

missminimouse

Quote from: Helen on April 27, 2006, 06:14:19 AM

That woulda helped so much,  OMG!!   I've had such a day with these kids.  Next door neighbor came over with some boxes,  she's older and lives alone,   so she got to yappin,  and ya know it's hard to get rid of people like that,  so while I'm outside talking to her my 3 yo twins got into the cupboards and got crackers all over their bedroom.   Then they got into my wrapping paper and destroyed all of it.  Then they destroyed the box that I'd packed their toys in.   Basically I've spent all day undoing all the damaged they did,  and repacking everything they unpacked.   I know they're just bored cuz usually I'd be taking them outside for a few hours,  but I know I got a lot to do,  so we were stuck indoors today.  We're not gonna be home much tomorrow or Saturday,   so at least all my stuff will be safe,   then we're moving into the new place Sunday.   We'll have no power Sunday night,  but hey,  no power better than no place to live.   ;::

Helen

Quote from: missminimouse on April 27, 2006, 01:18:49 PM
Quote from: Helen on April 27, 2006, 06:14:19 AM

That woulda helped so much,  OMG!!   I've had such a day with these kids.  Next door neighbor came over with some boxes,  she's older and lives alone,   so she got to yappin,  and ya know it's hard to get rid of people like that,  so while I'm outside talking to her my 3 yo twins got into the cupboards and got crackers all over their bedroom.   Then they got into my wrapping paper and destroyed all of it.  Then they destroyed the box that I'd packed their toys in.   Basically I've spent all day undoing all the damaged they did,  and repacking everything they unpacked.   I know they're just bored cuz usually I'd be taking them outside for a few hours,  but I know I got a lot to do,  so we were stuck indoors today.  We're not gonna be home much tomorrow or Saturday,   so at least all my stuff will be safe,   then we're moving into the new place Sunday.   We'll have no power Sunday night,  but hey,  no power better than no place to live.   ;::

Wow Min, been a busy day for you. If I could have, I'd have watched them for you. I have twins also and I remember those days!!! It seems rough now but after you're in the new house it will be ok!! Hang in there.  ;)

harley89

Glad to know everything is working out.  When one doors closes another one opens. Good luck

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview