Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Daylight Savings Time

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

Quote from: SunnyLibra on April 01, 2006, 02:36:04 PM
I LOVE it when the time springs forward!   I'm on the border of the Atlantic time zone, so it gets dark here at about 5:30 in December and January.  It's getting dark about 6:45ish now. 

I used to love it when I lived in Tennessee... Where I lived it was almost in the Central time zone, so during them summer, it didn't get dark until about 9:30-10:00. 

Thanks for the reminder, Homer.  Me so happy!  :D :D :D

Lib

They say you learn something new everyday...boy was this it? With all your knowledge Lib could you let me know about West coast time also?   :)) :))  Finish what you start gf...or else they will be talking about you behind your back and laughing to  O0

Helen

Quote from: nightperson on April 01, 2006, 02:28:40 PM
yup lose and hours then we gain an houre in the fall to me should not be any which they would it be on one time parts of Indiana have beening trying to keep on 1 time for almost 20 yrs  :))

Besides Indiana, doesn't Arizona keep the same time all year too?

foxx

Quote from: Helen on April 01, 2006, 03:34:53 PM
yup lose and hours then we gain an houre in the fall to me should not be any which they would it be on one time parts of Indiana have beening trying to keep on 1 time for almost 20 yrs  :))

I think so.  They also don't acknowledge Martin Luther King, Jr. day...which is weird...

Helen

Quote from: foxx on April 01, 2006, 03:43:38 PM
Quote from: Helen on April 01, 2006, 03:34:53 PM

I think so.  They also don't acknowledge Martin Luther King, Jr. day...which is weird...

So like, there was no Martin Luther King Jr??? That is very very weird.

nightperson

they said here while back they was suppose to vote and they did and then they said yes was going to keep it on the same time year round but then we here that is might stay the same as it has me i dont know what there going to do just have to wait and see the time that want to keep it on is cst i wish they would make up there mind (Indiana)

Helen

Quote from: nightperson on April 01, 2006, 03:46:45 PM
they said here while back they was suppose to vote and they did and then they said yes was going to keep it on the same time year round but then we here that is might stay the same as it has me i dont know what there going to do just have to wait and see the time that want to keep it on is cst i wish they would make up there mind (Indiana)

I wish I could remember where I read it but I think eventually Indiana will be right along with the rest of the US on the DST.

nightperson

there i s3 towns not to far from me that stay on est year round they are want my part to go with them im hoping gretting tried of the time change it interfers with my beauty sleep (ya right) :)) :))

Helen

Quote from: nightperson on April 01, 2006, 03:56:52 PM
there i s3 towns not to far from me that stay on est year round they are want my part to go with them im hoping gretting tried of the time change it interfers with my beauty sleep (ya right) :)) :))

You would think the whole state would be the same.

Libra

Quote from: Tara on April 01, 2006, 03:27:04 PM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on April 01, 2006, 02:36:04 PM
I LOVE it when the time springs forward!   I'm on the border of the Atlantic time zone, so it gets dark here at about 5:30 in December and January.  It's getting dark about 6:45ish now. 

I used to love it when I lived in Tennessee... Where I lived it was almost in the Central time zone, so during them summer, it didn't get dark until about 9:30-10:00. 

Thanks for the reminder, Homer.  Me so happy!  :D :D :D

Lib

They say you learn something new everyday...boy was this it? With all your knowledge Lib could you let me know about West coast time also?   :)) :))  Finish what you start gf...or else they will be talking about you behind your back and laughing to  O0

If people didn't talk about me behind my back and laugh, then I have NOT been doing my job.  And, I love maps.  I like to study them and I was recently studying a time zone map and noticed the time zone thingies.  I just have a plethora of useless knowledge.  :P

Lib
(Going to pull out my gigantic atlas)

nightperson

be carefull dont hury youreslf you need help yelllllllllllllllllllllllllll :)) :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview