PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 02:42:56 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

How Old Do U need to be to sign up 4 pogo?

Started by maxedpenny,

Previous topic - Next topic

ClingFree

bobby

ClingFree

Quote from: bobby on April 03, 2006, 11:10:32 AM
Quote from: ClingFree on April 03, 2006, 11:05:11 AM
Quote from: bobby on April 03, 2006, 11:03:28 AM
could you imangine going to jail for hijacking a thread,grand theft thread :D

:))  Would you bail us out Bobby?
maybe ;D

Have you ever been called a Tease? cuz telling us Maybe I'll bail you out .. Is teasing.

bubblegum

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

hades

Libra

Quote from: hades on April 04, 2006, 11:34:52 AM
Quote from: ClingFree on April 03, 2006, 10:25:22 AM

You call that smart?  :-X

i call that bitter  ::)

I call it funny enough spew noodles all over the place!  :)) :))

Dang, I was really wanting that last bite, too.

Oh, and to make this thread related, I reckon Pogo don't care how old you are as long as you pay.

Libra

*~Peri~*

This is from Ms. Netiquette.. I think if the poster was incorrect with the age of 13, Ms. Netiquette would have corrected them...(IMO)

Must I Give My Information when Asked that Dreaded "Age, Sex and Location?" 

Dear Ms. Netiquette,

Why do people need to know my A/S/L?

I was playing a game when someone starting asking everyone about their age, sex and location. Someone told them that they were over 70! Then we were told that we were too old to play on Pogo, and that Pogo was only for teens! Of course, we all know that's wrong. Pogo is for everyone over the age of 13. I'm 25 and I love playing Pogo. I have three young kids with special needs and once they go to bed I like to relax and play on Pogo, just to have some time for me. So, I would love to know why people want to know ASL! Can't they read the user profiles? I thought that was what what they were for!

Thanks for your help!

I Do Not Tell My A/S/L

Dear Do Not Tell,

Anyone who's ever been in a chat room has seen that "A/S/L" inquiry. Generally, the people asking this question are youngish people looking for other youngish with whom to converse, or flirt. Some younger people do wish to speak to players of their own age because they may share similar interests of their generation. As you get older, age matters less.

The teenager you encountered was, of course, impolite by stating that Pogo was only for teens. There are plenty of very polite teenagers on Pogo, and plenty of not-so-polite ones. Some of them are just going through a phase, we hope.

You never have to answer anyone's questions on Pogo. If asked "A/S/L?" again, you can be funny, as in "I'm old, female, and playing Poppit! in this room on Pogo." Or you can politely decline, as in "Thanks for asking, but I'm not interested in giving that information out." Or you can simply ignore the question entirely and let those who are interested answer. 

wattsmyname

You can play at any age. But to sign up for an account you must be 13 or lie and say you are.
This is copied from POGO

Question
  What does the error "Registration is not intended for your age group" mean?

Answer
  The error message "Registration is not intended for your age group" means that you have indicated you are a U.S. Resident under the age of 13 when attempting to register your account.

You must be at least 13 years old to register for an EA Member Account.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview