PlayBuddy
August 12, 2024, 01:48:12 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Jury Duty

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

foxx

Who's fighting?  Debate is good for the soul! 

Helen

What I really find unfair is the person who's been called for jury duty 6-7 times and then there's me that's never been called.
I know they take jurists from registered voters and not only am I registered, I vote every election. I'd sure be happy to do my civic duty.

foxx

Quote from: Helen on April 01, 2006, 03:32:29 PM
What I really find unfair is the person who's been called for jury duty 6-7 times and then there's me that's never been called.
I know they take jurists from registered voters and not only am I registered, I vote every election. I'd sure be happy to do my civic duty.

I know!  I have never been called...and I have never missed an election...
Before the last presidential election, I coerced a co-worker, who had never voted before (shes 44!) into registering...As we filled out the registration, she said to me, "If I get called for Jury duty, I will never forgive you...".  Needless to say, she voted in November...and got her jury duty notice in June.  LOL...she was so p!ssed! 

nightperson

Quote from: foxx on April 01, 2006, 03:39:45 PM

I know! I have never been called...and I have never missed an election...
Before the last presidential election, I coerced a co-worker, who had never voted before (shes 44!) into registering...As we filled out the registration, she said to me, "If I get called for Jury duty, I will never forgive you...". Needless to say, she voted in November...and got her jury duty notice in June. LOL...she was so p!ssed!

oh my run run away :))

Libra

Quote from: spiritwarrior1953 on April 01, 2006, 03:15:30 PM
I did not intend to start a political debate. I have lost faith in this country but I still have hope and will never give up. Change comes slowly and can be painful. But from what I see changes need to be made or we will self destruct. I am out of here. Homer doesnt need to break up a fight today.

No one is fighting!  And a debate, or even expressing one's opinions on a subject, only serves to allow others to see both sides of an issue they may not otherwise be aware of. 

I'm sorry if my disagreeing with you has upset you, but you can't expect to go into a public forum and express your point of view and not have others do the same.

Lib
PS.  Homer, if I'm outta line here, please let me know.  I'll cease and desist and go get some badges or food or a drink or something.

Helen

Quote from: foxx on April 01, 2006, 03:39:45 PM

I know!  I have never been called...and I have never missed an election...
Before the last presidential election, I coerced a co-worker, who had never voted before (shes 44!) into registering...As we filled out the registration, she said to me, "If I get called for Jury duty, I will never forgive you...".  Needless to say, she voted in November...and got her jury duty notice in June.  LOL...she was so p!ssed! 

Did she egg your house?? Glad you got her to vote though.

Tara

I only have 3 words to say   >:D

Libra

Quote from: Tara on April 01, 2006, 03:59:59 PM
I only 3 words to say   >:D

Foxx?  Where's that ax you killed Pickles with?  I need to kill Tara's freaky-azzed, psycho child with ADD avatar.  God, give that ankle-biter some ritalin.  Or a Xanax or six. 

Lib

nightperson

that is a cute picture but it was really getting on my last cent  :)) :)) :)) look like the child had a nerves tic like she was really wanting something bad the the bathroom :))

Libra

Quote from: Sweet_Karamel on April 01, 2006, 01:43:26 PM
I know what you mean. Too bad it's not a joke.

When I had to do jury duty I was thinking of was to get out of it. Being that it was snowing and freezing. When I got there it was pack. Then they call me. I told the lawyers that I had a friend who is in this mess. It was about a hit and run. The other lawyer want me. I stay for two days. Then just out of the blue they told all of us to go home. I was so glad I just run out of there before they change there minds. LOL. It was going to be for two weekends. Just glad it was over.

Good Luck To You...... O0

I like your avatar, Sweet.  The Pogo Mini people could take some lessons from your Pogo Cheats mini.  I mean, it actually has legs that are proportionate to the body!  And NICE SHOES!  And it's not standing there duck footed or peacing out or in some other dumb pose with a moronic look on it's face.  :)) :))

foxx

Quote from: SunnyLibra on April 01, 2006, 04:03:53 PM
Quote from: Tara on April 01, 2006, 03:59:59 PM
I only 3 words to say   >:D

Foxx?  Where's that ax you killed Pickles with?  I need to kill Tara's freaky-azzed, psycho child with ADD avatar.  God, give that ankle-biter some ritalin.  Or a Xanax or six. 

Lib

Shhhh....

Axe, what axe?  I don't know what you're talking about officer...

Tara

Foxx wouldn't dare kill Pee Pee girl...she loves her too  O0

foxx

Quote from: Tara on April 01, 2006, 05:21:37 PM
Foxx wouldn't dare kill Pee Pee girl...she loves her too  O0

Sorry Lib, it's true.  I do love Pee Pee girl...   :-X

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview