This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Technical help needed for my pc

Started by princess,

Previous topic - Next topic

princess

I don't know why but all of a sudden some sites are telling me that my cookies need to be enabled.  What would have caused this all of a sudden today and where do I go to fix it?  I am somewhat computer challenged so speak slowly and in english please!  :))  I already went to tools, internet options, advanced options and looked under there but I don't see anything that says enable cookies.  This just happened out of the blue, unless my daughter did something today to cause this!  I don't know.  Thanks in advance for your help! <3

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: princess on April 04, 2006, 04:17:38 PM
I don't know why but all of a sudden some sites are telling me that my cookies need to be enabled.  What would have caused this all of a sudden today and where do I go to fix it?  I am somewhat computer challenged so speak slowly and in english please!  :))  I already went to tools, internet options, advanced options and looked under there but I don't see anything that says enable cookies.  This just happened out of the blue, unless my daughter did something today to cause this!  I don't know.  Thanks in advance for your help! <3

You were on the right track, just pointed in the wrong direction. This is what you should do: Go to "Tools", then "Internet Options", now the "Privacy" tab (probably the 3rd one from the left). At which point, that slider bar will choose the security level for your cookies. It's up to you at this point what you choose. I have mine set for medium and I'm just fine. Good luck.

princess

That's already set to medium.  I looked under another advanced tab and its saying allow all cookies, yet when I go to a particular website it says I need to enable cookies.  Is this making any sense? 

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: princess on April 04, 2006, 04:44:31 PM
That's already set to medium.  I looked under another advanced tab and its saying allow all cookies, yet when I go to a particular website it says I need to enable cookies.  Is this making any sense? 

Perfect sense. My laptop at home has "allow all cookies" because I'm not worried about anything on that laptop. My PC @ work is set to medium because our IT Support has told everyone to set it at that (truth be told, I know more about computer crap then he does). You're safe to set it at "all all cookies" if you're confident in your anti-virus software.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview