Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES

Started by fancyfreefeet,

Previous topic - Next topic

nightperson

ClingFree

nightperson

no not really i like coming in here and see what was said i always look for that word hijack vecause i will know when it is hijack i will be having a smile on my face from the funny things i read  ee4.gif

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: nightperson on April 02, 2006, 07:32:02 PM
no not really i like coming in here and see what was said i always look for that word hijack vecause i will know when it is hijack i will be having a smile on my face from the funny things i read  ee4.gif

Note to self: end every post with the word "hijack"

ClingFree

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 02, 2006, 07:35:06 PM

HA!!  :))

nightperson

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 02, 2006, 07:35:06 PM
no not really i like coming in here and see what was said i always look for that word hijack vecause i will know when it is hijack i will be having a smile on my face from the funny things i read  ee4.gif

awww ty hippo that would be nice always like to smile are laugh r1.gif

Helen

I think we should just get a "hijack" post. Sometimes it does make it hard to find info inbetween all the "hijacking".
(not that I mind though)  :)) :)) :))

foxx

Quote from: SunnyLibra on April 02, 2006, 06:25:10 PM
PS.  People!  Not everyone is as adept at using this site as we are. I think we should all try to be a little less condescending when trying to help others.  When I first joined, I was too intimidated to ask a question due to some of the answers I read to other's questions. I mean, if I didn't know better, and I saw there was an upgrade?  I would assume (as most people would) that the upgrade would make my auto run smarter, faster, etc.  But, maybe I'm being too sensitive.  :-\

While I agree wholeheartedly with this statement...

Wasn't the original post a bit condescending?

Quote from: fancyfreefeet on April 02, 2006, 03:20:05 PM
WHY are we not being more informed of these updates as they come out.   I just happened to see that there was an update to Squelchies - Sushi 1.4.   So I went through all the programs on the BH site again as I hadn't done that in a few weeks and also found some more updates that have not been mentioned here.  I realize the programmers might be busy updating or trying to keep up with the new games as they come out, but they have people helping them test these programs and it only takes a few minutes to come here and post what has been updated.  There was a suggestion that there be a thread that is just for any UPDATES OR NEW RELEASES, but there is not one yet.   If there was one, that would catch our eye better than the thread where people are having a problem with a program and maybe something about the update might be within that thrread.   If I am not having a problem, I don't always read those threads.   If I am having a problem, I will read it and nine chances out of 10 there is something about that particular program being updated.  Would just be easier if anything updated or new could be in a separate thread and just have it locked where nobody can respond, problems or comments can be done in another area.   

But I came across these that have been updated and nothing has been mentioned about them here:

PocketAce for Texas Holdem, Heartbeeps for Hearts, Matchmaker for Perfect Pair Sol updated to 2.5, and ThunderpopperII for Poppitt updated to V 2.9

Haven't we beat this topic to death?  If your auto doesn't work, look first for an upgrade and then come here to search the forums.  If it does work, don't fix it.

The programmers are busy.  Why create an additional task?  People b!tch and moan about the updates not coming out quickly enough...but yet look to find more things to complain about... I guess some people just need chaos...

I leave you with that little piece of my mind...I am taking the rest of it on a business trip for a few days...

(love the story thread by the way Lib and contributers...looking forward to reading it when I get back...lol)

FOXX OUT!

fancyfreefeet

I agree that if something is working fine, dont upgrade.   What I am mostly referring to is not even being informed on this site when something has been upgraded.   There were two programs that were upgraded and they replaced the ones originally out there that didn't work that great to begin with totally and that is PocketAce and Heartbeeps.  Neither one of those have been announced as new releases to replace original ones.   

Sometimes if a program is not working just right for me, I just work around it and wait to see when it has been upgraded, but when no mention gets made that it has been updated, then you have to go thru each and every program to see if there is any note to it being upgraded and in this case there were five programs updated and no mention of it anywhere on this site.   

I just think this site should keep better informed on what has been upgraded for any newcomers that might be coming in here for a solution to their problems they might be having is all.   

RC

You seem to be creating a problem where there doesn't need to be one. You said that you agree that you don't need to upgrade if your auto is working fine. So this would mean that you would not even need to know of any upgrades until the time came when your auto was not working for you. Ok, so where would be the logical place to go to learn of any upgrades for autos that were bought on Badgehelp.com?? How about Badgehelp.com?? And all you need to do is click on the name of the game to which the auto that your having problems with goes to, and see if there is an upgrade announced there for that particular auto. I realize this site here is probably frequented more often for it's hints, tips, and help, and even though there is an update section listed, you won't see every little update announced there.. one reason, I would assume, is that it might look like there is a need for everyone to upgrade to a new version when in fact you wouldn't really need to. You probably have this site bookmarked as a favorite and come here often to see if there's any new updates for the autos you use.. but do you also have Badgehelp.com bookmarked? If so, wouldn't it be just as easy, when you need to look for an update, to first click on the Badgehelp bookmark to see if what you're having a problem with has any updates? And then, if there aren't any, you could click to come here and see if there are any other persons having the same problem with the same auto as you (most likely in the Technical Help section), and to see if there are any solutions listed, or a timetable for a fix, or a new version in the works. Makes sense to first actually go to the source where you got the autos right? This site may have a lot of help for them, but it's not the main site that you originally bought them from. You could still come here first to check for any quick fixes, but is it that hard to then make another click over to Badgehelp if you don't find anything here? If you can't find any solutions, then you could post the problem you're having, in detail, and ask for help.

fancyfreefeet

DUH    Yes I go to Badgehelp, but in order to see if they have any updates, you have to go thru each one to check, THEY DO NOT INDICATE that there is an updated version on the main list.   That is the problem with them and  this site too, updates to the programs come out, I find out through other means, then I update my stuff, just to keep current with everything, I do backup my old versions just in case updated ones don't work right for some reason.   

I just think since this is the forum that represents BH, it could keep everyone informed as new programs come out for the new games that are coming and updates to them and others.  Lot easier to find about an update by coming here than going thru each and everyone on the BH site.   

Besides I am not only one that has suggested that there be a special thread pertaining to updated stuff or new releases. 

Like I said before there were two new releases on Hearts and Texas Holdem, that they replaced the old ones, not upgraded, REPLACED THEM, and no mention of them here on the site.   

Tara

Fancy...There trying to tell you  that  if your autos are running good why would you want to update them?  If I have a problem I got to BH and click on the auto and read if theres a update...but if nothings wrong I don't want to mess with it. I don't think anyone is trying to be ignorant about it but its not our decision to tell BH how they should run things or this forum either. If it really bothers you you might want to make your  suggestion and Email them with it, because complaining about it here isn't going to get anything done but start arguments. I understand you want to be aware of the updates, but why would you update if everything is running fine?  Theres no reason to.  Just my opinion  O0

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: fancyfreefeet on April 03, 2006, 09:31:28 AM
DUH    Yes I go to Badgehelp, but in order to see if they have any updates, you have to go thru each one to check, THEY DO NOT INDICATE that there is an updated version on the main list.   That is the problem with them and  this site too, updates to the programs come out, I find out through other means, then I update my stuff, just to keep current with everything, I do backup my old versions just in case updated ones don't work right for some reason.   

I just think since this is the forum that represents BH, it could keep everyone informed as new programs come out for the new games that are coming and updates to them and others.  Lot easier to find about an update by coming here than going thru each and everyone on the BH site.   

Besides I am not only one that has suggested that there be a special thread pertaining to updated stuff or new releases. 

Like I said before there were two new releases on Hearts and Texas Holdem, that they replaced the old ones, not upgraded, REPLACED THEM, and no mention of them here on the site.   

Don't want to be accused of sounding rude so let me say beforehand that this is NOT a rude post. Ok, lets start at the top. Let's say your favorite software company (lets use Microflop... err Microsoft for example) puts out many many many programs. They're always working on these software and make upgrades. Heck, they may just discontinue the service of one software and replace it with something else. Yet, when you go to Microsoft.com, is there a mention of it? I give you a moment to go to the site and look. You will see the answer is no. To learn about software patches and/or updates, you have to visit the subsite of each program you may be using. Same may be said about the autos from BadgeHelp.com.

Now you may say that Microsoft tells the public when they need to download the latest version or a patch because of a flaw. Well, BadgeHelp does the same. Not on the same grand scale because they're not as big as Microsoft but if there is something they fixed, you're sure to hear about it on their site.

Let's look at your "since this is the forum that represents BH" comment. This is PogoCheats.net. As far as I know (and I can be COMPLETELY wrong about this), these are two different sites. BadgeHelp is advertised here as the selected automaker for this forum but BadgeHelp does not run this forum. Oscar & and other automaker are frequent visitors to this forum and do have a "technical help" section but by no means is this their "baby". If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will point it out and I will stand corrected! I can just as easily start my own forum and say "you should download only autos from BH.com" and that wouldn't make BH represented by my forum. PogoCheats.net is not required to list all the autos currently released by BH.com. I know many people would enjoy it but as it was stated on many occasions, why put everyone thru the hassle of being confused if they have the latest version or not? I know you may think that it would be just as confusing to keep people in the dark in terms of if they have the latest version or not but why try to fix something that's working perfectly? It has been stated on many different occasions that you should only "upgrade" your current version if you're having a problem. If you have version 2.1 of something and version 2.2 fixes a problem a select number of people are having, why upgrade if 2.1 is working fine for you? Are you noticing a problem with 2.1 or is it a case of you wanting to have 2.2 so you be on the cutting edge? Just curious.

And finally, in response to the "replaced" autos (not the upgraded ones) you've mentioned, it was mentioned on BadgeHelp.com. The source of the autos mentioned on their site they've replaced. Simple solution.

To look elsewhere (PogoCheats.net) for all your info regarding autos from BadgeHelp.com when BadgeHelp.com tells on each subsite the latest information regarding autos is like going to Best Buy to ask about Windows Vista... they may know about it but if you want the full story you should go directly to the source!

Helen

Quote from: Tara on April 03, 2006, 10:29:52 AM
Fancy...There trying to tell you  that  if your autos are running good why would you want to update them?  If I have a problem I got to BH and click on the auto and read if theres a update...but if nothings wrong I don't want to mess with it. I don't think anyone is trying to be ignorant about it but its not our decision to tell BH how they should run things or this forum either. If it really bothers you you might want to make your  suggestion and Email them with it, because complaining about it here isn't going to get anything done but start arguments. I understand you want to be aware of the updates, but why would you update if everything is running fine?  Theres no reason to.  Just my opinion  O0

Well said Tara. Also have to agree with a few prior posts, the ones from Foxx and RC.

ClingFree

I was lookin at Hippo's sig .. Is that middle pic of Pickles when she asked what 'ballsy' was?

Tara

Holy freakin guacamole....

This thread is need of a

Hijack................. O0

Helen

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 03, 2006, 10:36:35 AM
Quote from: fancyfreefeet on April 03, 2006, 09:31:28 AM

Don't want to be accused of sounding rude so let me say beforehand that this is NOT a rude post. Ok, lets start at the top. Let's say your favorite software company (lets use Microflop... err Microsoft for example) puts out many many many programs. They're always working on these software and make upgrades. Heck, they may just discontinue the service of one software and replace it with something else. Yet, when you go to Microsoft.com, is there a mention of it? I give you a moment to go to the site and look. You will see the answer is no. To learn about software patches and/or updates, you have to visit the subsite of each program you may be using. Same may be said about the autos from BadgeHelp.com.

Now you may say that Microsoft tells the public when they need to download the latest version or a patch because of a flaw. Well, BadgeHelp does the same. Not on the same grand scale because they're not as big as Microsoft but if there is something they fixed, you're sure to hear about it on their site.

Let's look at your "since this is the forum that represents BH" comment. This is PogoCheats.net. As far as I know (and I can be COMPLETELY wrong about this), these are two different sites. BadgeHelp is advertised here as the selected automaker for this forum but BadgeHelp does not run this forum. Oscar & and other automaker are frequent visitors to this forum and do have a "technical help" section but by no means is this their "baby". If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will point it out and I will stand corrected! I can just as easily start my own forum and say "you should download only autos from BH.com" and that wouldn't make BH represented by my forum. PogoCheats.net is not required to list all the autos currently released by BH.com. I know many people would enjoy it but as it was stated on many occasions, why put everyone thru the hassle of being confused if they have the latest version or not? I know you may think that it would be just as confusing to keep people in the dark in terms of if they have the latest version or not but why try to fix something that's working perfectly? It has been stated on many different occasions that you should only "upgrade" your current version if you're having a problem. If you have version 2.1 of something and version 2.2 fixes a problem a select number of people are having, why upgrade if 2.1 is working fine for you? Are you noticing a problem with 2.1 or is it a case of you wanting to have 2.2 so you be on the cutting edge? Just curious.

And finally, in response to the "replaced" autos (not the upgraded ones) you've mentioned, it was mentioned on BadgeHelp.com. The source of the autos mentioned on their site they've replaced. Simple solution.

To look elsewhere (PogoCheats.net) for all your info regarding autos from BadgeHelp.com when BadgeHelp.com tells on each subsite the latest information regarding autos is like going to Best Buy to ask about Windows Vista... they may know about it but if you want the full story you should go directly to the source!

O0 Right on Hippo!!

ClingFree

Quote from: Tara on April 03, 2006, 10:43:29 AM

This thread is need of a

I had the BEST guacamole over the weekend at TGIFriday's .. it was perfect, just the right amount of cilantro ... sooo yummy

Helen

Tara

Quote from: ClingFree on April 03, 2006, 10:44:52 AM
Quote from: Tara on April 03, 2006, 10:43:29 AM

This thread is need of a

I had the BEST guacamole over the weekend at TGIFriday's .. it was perfect, just the right amount of cilantro ... sooo yummy

I love to eat there..They have a low carb menu and there low carb cheesecake is to die for  O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview