PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 03:52:04 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Are pogo letters to editor fake

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

Maybe its just me but I was reading the letters section and I started thinking these just don't sound like real letters written by real Pogo players. The ones that praise Pogo are really gooey sweet. An others just don't read as if a player wrote them.

nanners

I read them this morning and wondered the same thing.. I think they are just trying to shut up "real' people  :o

nightperson

SI

Lol why do you think there are so many people complaining that their letters to either the Editor or Ms. Psychopath, err Netiquette, never get published?  I'm sure that out of the hundreds, maybe thousands of letters that they get, there are some people that are willing to kiss enough arse, or be overly politically correct, to see their name listed up there.  These are probably the same people that snap on others in the chat room when people are complaining about Pogo :))

nanners

No disrespect DJ..but didn't think anyone used 'turntables' any more .. :))
j/k wif ya..  ee2.1.gif

Tara

I think Lib should apply for the  Ms.Netiquette posistion.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: DJ_SI on April 06, 2006, 08:21:34 AM
Lol why do you think there are so many people complaining that their letters to either the Editor or Ms. Psychopath, err Netiquette, never get published?  I'm sure that out of the hundreds, maybe thousands of letters that they get, there are some people that are willing to kiss enough arse, or be overly politically correct, to see their name listed up there.  These are probably the same people that snap on others in the chat room when people are complaining about Pogo :))

Oh, I kissed enough arses in my letters but this just reminded me I need to start my daily letter writing campaign to get one of my letters published!

hades

SaintHiρρo

Getting Your Letter to the Editor Published

We here at Pogo™'s Community News receive hundreds and hundreds of letters to the editor each week. Of those, we can only publish a few. How do we pick the letters we publish? Very carefully! We look for interesting letters about fresh topics that are on the minds of the players. It's not easy, but here are some tips on getting your letter to the editor published:

• Choose a single subject to discuss. Letters with too many suggestions or comments cover too much.
  • Check your spelling and capitalization! Pogo is always spelled with a capital "P" and no letter should be in all caps!
  • Don't use inappropriate language
  • Read the latest "Letters to the Editor." If it's a topic that's been discussed recently, it probably won't be published

Jonathan

I believe it is like a dear abby thing. They take the letters and change them and write more to them for their own means. So it is real people's ideas they just twist them the way they want to lol

zo!D

someone should send a letter, asking whats going on with pogo's server problems...  ::)

River Tam

Heh...trust me I'm about to.   >:D

But seriously....in my own opinion...I definitely think that people who "lay it on thick" with the praises towards Pogo are more apt to get their letter published then someone who doesn't take the time to do that.

As for the letter content themselves....I'm not sure.  A few of the letters I've read are things I have either seen in the chat rooms or have heard about from others.  Though some of the details do seem rather exaggerated.

But again....my own opinion.  :)

Hooper2092

I have to jump here really quick....

I had a letter to the editor published about a month and half ago. (Is there a way to seach archives...) I am the lady who played pogo while in labor with each of my girls... and I plan on doing it again this time around. I even sent a picture of sitting on an IV with my laptop playing Pop Fu with my first daughter. I am not worried about posting it here because I signed my first name only and did not include my pogo screen name.

-Heather

e4.gif>

Jonathan

Hooper2092

Play pogo and have everyone leave me alone.... or have to  sit there and freak out over every contraction? I'll take the epi and pogo (until ya know... I have to pass out and sleep or push lol)

-Heather

player444

Yikes!!  I hope Pogo isn't reading this.  As stated above Pogo is always typed with a CAPITAL "P"    :))  :))  :))

harley89

Nymphy

Pogo letters are fake. Who really gives a hoot how many times someone has to ask about if our credit card info is safe and how to change ur password. Or my fav... how to leave a room so that annoying players can not annoy you no longer. Get over it. If you dont know how to leave a pogo room or if after you get your pogo account and its then that you are concerned about provacy you have issues. You cant possibly say after you were typing in ur expiry date and 12 digits that it never once crossed ur mind or made you hessitate.
I think pogo just has these "letters" so that if u have these sort of stupid questions, you wont bother after reading the replys they would send u.

Tara

Quote from: nymphy on April 08, 2006, 02:16:12 PM
Pogo letters are fake. Who really gives a hoot how many times someone has to ask about if our credit card info is safe and how to change ur password. Or my fav... how to leave a room so that annoying players can not annoy you no longer. Get over it. If you dont know how to leave a pogo room or if after you get your pogo account and its then that you are concerned about provacy you have issues. You cant possibly say after you were typing in ur expiry date and 12 digits that it never once crossed ur mind or made you hessitate.
I think pogo just has these "letters" so that if u have these sort of stupid questions, you wont bother after reading the replys they would send u.

How many times do people come in here and say the same thing over and over and over?  I doubt its fake, and in my opinion, I enjoy reading it, its funny  O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview