PlayBuddy
September 10, 2024, 08:11:33 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Weird Tip Of The Day

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Someone sent me this one.

You're tired. So very tired. You know a nap would save you, but you've only got 15 minutes and you're afraid you'll wake up even groggier than before. So what do you do? Drink a cup of coffee, then lie down someplace quiet, such as an empty conference room or New Hampshire.

No kidding – you drink the coffee before you lie down, says a recent article in the Boston Globe:

Caffeine can clear your body of the chemical adenosine, which makes us want to sleep. Researchers at the Sleep Research Center at Loughborough University in England...found that the best way to regain alertness if you feel like you're falling asleep is to chug a cup of coffee and then immediately take a 15-minute nap. The idea is to get the sleep in before the caffeine takes effect. So you have to start napping right after that cup of coffee -- or a can of caffeinated soda -- goes down.

It's almost like the caffeine is an alarm clock. A piping-hot, brown alarm clock.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

bobby

Homer

Your welcome. Don't know if it actually works though.

Shady Lady

I'll try it tomorrow. Any excuse to take a nap. I can say I'm doing research when the kids give me a hard time.

Homer

Quote from: shadylady_129 on April 06, 2006, 08:51:43 PM
I'll try it tomorrow. Any excuse to take a nap. I can say I'm doing research when the kids give me a hard time.

Be sure to let us know the results of this important research.  :P

Helen

Quote from: Homer on April 06, 2006, 08:25:24 PM
Someone sent me this one.

You're tired. So very tired. You know a nap would save you, but you've only got 15 minutes and you're afraid you'll wake up even groggier than before. So what do you do? Drink a cup of coffee, then lie down someplace quiet, such as an empty conference room or New Hampshire.

No kidding – you drink the coffee before you lie down, says a recent article in the Boston Globe:

Caffeine can clear your body of the chemical adenosine, which makes us want to sleep. Researchers at the Sleep Research Center at Loughborough University in England...found that the best way to regain alertness if you feel like you're falling asleep is to chug a cup of coffee and then immediately take a 15-minute nap. The idea is to get the sleep in before the caffeine takes effect. So you have to start napping right after that cup of coffee -- or a can of caffeinated soda -- goes down.

It's almost like the caffeine is an alarm clock. A piping-hot, brown alarm clock.

I don't drink coffee!!!

harley89

Good tip Homer but I can't have caffeine   :'(

Mr. Rasputia

Is it ok to add a couple of shots to the coffee?  ;)

harley89

Let me know if the shots work I can add it to my decaf  ;D

Helen

Quote from: l0c0 on April 07, 2006, 05:26:47 AM
Is it ok to add a couple of shots to the coffee?  ;)

Ummmm, shots of what?? :))

Mr. Rasputia

Shady Lady

I'm off to do my important research now. I'll be back in 15 minutes to let everyone know the results.

Ethan_Hawley

That's pretty awesome..

..although chugging hot coffee would not be very pleasant for me.  Think I'll try it with a redbull instead!

nightperson

it is true if i dont get my coffee before i go to bed im up half the night

Shady Lady

RESULTS OF MY RESEARCH:

It took me about 45 minutes to doze off. I only slept about 10 minutes. I felt better when I got up. Not ready to run any marathons, but then I couldn't do that anyway.

Sweet_Karamel

OK! Homer thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. The next time I feel like taking a nap.  ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview