Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Jigsaw & Sherlock ... When?

Started by Fitzkarin,

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitzkarin

There are a few of us out there - the rarefied few - who seem to been lucky ... blessed ... or perhaps destined to have the Jigsaw Detective autos work for them.  Unfortunately, I am not one of them.  Is there any timeframe, details or information on when a stable auto for the Jigsaw Detective game will be released?

Currently neither one of the listed autos works properly for me.  All of the other autos are working at 100% efficiency and - being an addict for collecting the badges - I'd love to have that one work too.

Helen

Quote from: fitzkarin on April 09, 2006, 06:08:44 AM
There are a few of us out there - the rarefied few - who seem to been lucky ... blessed ... or perhaps destined to have the Jigsaw Detective autos work for them.  Unfortunately, I am not one of them.  Is there any timeframe, details or information on when a stable auto for the Jigsaw Detective game will be released?

Currently neither one of the listed autos works properly for me.  All of the other autos are working at 100% efficiency and - being an addict for collecting the badges - I'd love to have that one work too.

Have you posted all the below specs and let someone figure it out?

1.) Operating system (Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP etc)?
     2.) Browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, AOL, Mozilla, Opera etc)?
     3.) Color setting (24 bit, 32 bit etc)?
     4.) Screen resolution (800x600, 1024x768)?
     5.) Smooth edges of screen fonts checked or unchecked?
     6.) What Java you are using?
     7.) What agent are you using?
     8.) What version number is this agent?
     9.) What specifically is the problem?

nanners

The only way Detector works for me is if I use FF browser.othewise is just sat there and looked dumb. lol..Try that and hope it helps.

Fitzkarin

Quote from: Helen on April 09, 2006, 06:13:59 AM

It isn't even about posting the specs any longer.  Everyone knows that there are problems with the autos.  Every other auto I have works perfectly.  So it isn't a setting.  It isn't the fonts, screen settings or any other thing.  Its the programming.  The current autos do not work for nearly everyone who downloads them.  So posting all of the above mentioned items - although it has already been done by many people won't make a difference.

Personally ... I don't want to download a new browser like FireFox to use the autos.  We've all been told that the autos should work with IE since that's what they were programmed to work with.

Helen

Quote from: fitzkarin on April 09, 2006, 12:27:12 PM
Quote from: Helen on April 09, 2006, 06:13:59 AM

It isn't even about posting the specs any longer.  Everyone knows that there are problems with the autos.  Every other auto I have works perfectly.  So it isn't a setting.  It isn't the fonts, screen settings or any other thing.  Its the programming.  The current autos do not work for nearly everyone who downloads them.  So posting all of the above mentioned items - although it has already been done by many people won't make a difference.

Personally ... I don't want to download a new browser like FireFox to use the autos.  We've all been told that the autos should work with IE since that's what they were programmed to work with.

Ok then, suit yourself. I was just trying to help you out.

zo!D

helen is right.

in any event, posting your pc specs never hurts, when asking about the autos.

side note*

the only problem i have with jegsaw detective, is that the Fast speed doesnt work, it works and solves puzzles at the same rate and speed at the Medium setting.  Thats about 6 or 7 minutes.

SaintHiρρo

LoL, please tell me you're a $150 customer because they're the ONLY way I can see you having an auto that is paid for that you might not have tried before purchasing.

And what's the deal with that "I'm going to post all my comments in all bold?"

Also, you stated...
Quote from: fitzkarin on April 09, 2006, 12:27:12 PM
We've all been told that the autos should work with IE since that's what they were programmed to work with.

I for one don't recall being told that HOWEVER I'm more than willing to read this info somewhere from BadgeHelp.com or Oscar on this forum if it's pointed out to me. However, lets just say this was said... noticed the word I've bolded from your comment? It is "should" which by definition means: "used in auxiliary function to express what is probable or expected". Now I'm going to give a different definition: "used to express futurity"... that goes with the word "will" and I didn't see that word from your previous comment.

Now, others have suggested ways for you to get your auto to work correctly for you. You have chosen to take a different route and refuse to use the methods that have worked for many of us. This is your own choice and I wish you well. However, I will note that those that have heard and used these suggestions have seen it work for them. To each their own.

Unkluge Seele.

nanners

It doesn't look like fitzkarin plays well with other..so we will just stay in our own sandbox and fu fu to him/her.. there! i said my piece....
we were only trying to help..suggest what works for us. Theres no reason to get your knickers in a knot.... ::)

Tori

My jigsaw detector works great..I use it on FF with Sun java..and solves puzzles in less than 4 mins...

I think some people who have dial up or a slower connection, may have problems with it...but it has always worked fine for me...don't think it is in the programming...if so, then it wouldn't work for any of us.

tokiesgalore

Im still using version 6 works great, just wish it was a tad faster.I have it set for the fastest speed and it still takes a couple hours.
Not complaining though,god knows it's still faster than i could do it by hand.Hmmm version 6 with an insane speed setting(hint hint). Just kidding,great job!!

lostinpogoland

mine gets stuck every now and then other then that runs fine

Mary

have some problems some times but other wise they both work great on ie  :D  with sun they seem to not let jit >:(

Spice It Up

Quote from: WhatAutos on April 09, 2006, 04:08:12 PM
My jigsaw detector works great..I use it on FF with Sun java..and solves puzzles in less than 4 mins...

I think some people who have dial up or a slower connection, may have problems with it...but it has always worked fine for me...don't think it is in the programming...if so, then it wouldn't work for any of us.

I have to agree with everyone on this... the ones it doesn't work for and the ones that it does.

This program doesn't work for me as well, and trust me I have tried everything too. However I do have dial up because where I live I cannot get any higher speed. Sucks bad too. That is the only conclusion that I came up with in why this auto  isn't working for me. Maybe that is what they need to do is find something that can work for this game to help out the dial up users. All the other autos have worked great for me so far except for this. Just wish i could exchange another one for this since this doesn't work for me. However I do have an awesome person who has kept me up on the badges for this game anyway. So I can't be too upset... :)

I guess for the ones who can't get the auto to work for this game... lets just keep our fingers crossed.

Mayhem

QuoteHmmm version 6 with an insane speed setting(hint hint). Just kidding,great job!!

Hold the left shift button down then hit the start on the auto. When the auto starts collecting the peices, let the shift button go.

That will enable the hidden "insane" speed setting.  :)
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Libra

Quote from: WhatAutos on April 09, 2006, 04:08:12 PM

Gawd, WhatAutos.. I LOVE your siggy!  Where in the world did you find it?  I thought I was the queen of finding silly avatars!

Lib

foxx

Quote from: Mayhem on April 09, 2006, 10:37:37 PM
QuoteHmmm version 6 with an insane speed setting(hint hint). Just kidding,great job!!

Hold the left shift button down then hit the start on the auto. When the auto starts collecting the peices, let the shift button go.

Really?  Or am I having a pickles moment?  That really works? 
*runs off to play jigsaw for a bit...

Helen

Quote from: foxx on April 10, 2006, 09:29:28 AM
Quote from: Mayhem on April 09, 2006, 10:37:37 PM

Really?  Or am I having a pickles moment?  That really works? 
*runs off to play jigsaw for a bit...

Did it work for you?

foxx

Kinda...I mean, It did form the edge at lightning speed...but it hung up on the last corner piece of the frame and then got stuck.  (This was Detector 6.3 running on Firefox..)

So yeah, it works, but not so well for me... ;)

Helen

Quote from: foxx on April 10, 2006, 09:49:36 AM
Kinda...I mean, It did form the edge at lightning speed...but it hung up on the last corner piece of the frame and then got stuck.  (This was Detector 6.3 running on Firefox..)

So yeah, it works, but not so well for me... ;)

Thanks for answering.  O0

Runner

I have to agree on this one.  Neither works for me.  Jigsaw used too a long time ago.

I have already done specs.

No ms java on my pc.

Is there even a place to get it anymore?

And does it work for all the people that use ms?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview