Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

windows vista longhorn

Started by Nymphy,

Previous topic - Next topic

Nymphy

>:D Off the topic of Pogo, but I was thinking that someone here must know more them just pogo so Im takin my chances and asking for your advice and expertese.
Windows Vista Longhorn, whatever. What would be a good one to get or download. I can download a torrent of the program and install it. I know my computer can handle it but there is beta and vista but theres longhorn, Im confused. Someone help?
Did I mention I love this site? Had no where else to turn.
I want it. >:D
[/color][/b]

barbn0lastname

longhorn was just the codename for windows vista.  beta means its testing.  you can get the beta here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/windowsvista/downloads/getthebeta/default.aspx

Helen

And here I thought longhorn was the mascot for one of the Texas teams!!  :))

I'm sure someone can help you out because I don't have a clue. Good luck.

Kelly

thanks for the info will mark it in favs...might actually get brave enough to try one day...lol

Helen

Quote from: KsArt on April 10, 2006, 08:28:26 AM
thanks for the info will mark it in favs...might actually get brave enough to try one day...lol

Putting it in favs is a good idea.  O0

SI

Just a few friendly observations:

1.)  Installing a beta-version of an OS is a really bad idea.  That is, unless you're installing it to a secondary drive.
2.)  This thing is buggier than Shuffle Bump.  MS is still delaying it, trying to fix all the problems.  They are losing MILLIONS in contract violations, and are still holding out; should give you some idea..
3.)  As far as d/l'ing it from a torrent, very bad idea.  MS is incorporating a lot of authenticity triggers, one of which is a registration requirement.  If you try to register a duplicate key, or G-d forbid a h***ed copy, be ready for trouble.

Tara

Quote from: DJ_SI on April 10, 2006, 01:09:30 PM

1.)  Installing a beta-version of an OS is a really bad idea.  That is, unless you're installing it to a secondary drive.
2.)  This thing is buggier than Shuffle Bump.  MS is still delaying it, trying to fix all the problems.  They are losing MILLIONS in contract violations, and are still holding out; should give you some idea..
3.)  As far as d/l'ing it from a torrent, very bad idea.  MS is incorporating a lot of authenticity triggers, one of which is a registration requirement.  If you try to register a duplicate key, or G-d forbid a h***ed copy, be ready for trouble.

Can you explain that in English please?   ???

wattsmyname

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Tara on April 10, 2006, 01:10:32 PM

1) Beta operating system is like replacing a working lock with a newer one that's only halfway screwed in the door.

2) It's not working correctly, MS is losing money due to the delay and getting it will show you why it's not working correctly.

3) Don't download from a non-respectable source!

Hope that explains it

Helen

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 10, 2006, 01:13:58 PM
Quote from: Tara on April 10, 2006, 01:10:32 PM

1) Beta operating system is like replacing a working lock with a newer one that's only halfway screwed in the door.

2) It's not working correctly, MS is losing money due to the delay and getting it will show you why it's not working correctly.

3) Don't download from a non-respectable source!

Hope that explains it

Thanks Hippo, that explanation helped a lot.

harley89

What I do with new Windows system is wait about 18 months after it comes out then I get it. By then most of the bugs are worked out and you can get tech assistance by then if you need it.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: spiritwarrior1953 on April 10, 2006, 01:54:39 PM
What I do with new Windows system is wait about 18 months after it comes out then I get it. By then most of the bugs are worked out and you can get tech assistance by then if you need it.

Pretty much the same for me. I don't like getting anything from MicroFlop right away. While I would like to have the new products and say I'm up to date on all the latest software, I don't trust them enough to not ruin my computer within a certain time frame!

Nymphy

Country Lady

I have read some where on here that the autos don't work with it either.   If you go to the news groups you will see many many people complaining about it.  Once it is installed you can't get rid of it completly.  It really screws up your system.
DON"T DO IT ANY TIME SOON >:( >:(

Homer

The programmers aren't likely to attack that OS until Microsoft works out the bugs. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Gecko

and here i was  thinking that longhorn was  all bull     :)) :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview