PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:47:52 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Best DVD/VCR recorder???

Started by Country Lady,

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Lady

My husband wants to buy a good dvd/vcr recorder/player for our tv.   But everything is so confusing.  Does anyone here have a recommendation?  He would like to have one that he can dub on. (vcr to dvd, dvd to dvd)

I've copied some of his dvd's on my computer with mixed results.  Some play just fine, others have audio or video problems.  They seem to play back fine on the computer but not on our current player that is hooked up to the tv, which is a cheapo JVC brand.

Blu

Here's a fairly decent one: $250 Panasonic DVD Recorder/VCR Combo (DMR-ES35VS)

This is perfect if you have an HDTV: $300 Samsung HD-Conversion DVD Recorder/VCR (DVD-VR325)

Country Lady

Thanks, Blu.  I passed the information along to my husband. 
Country Lady

Tara

Quote from: BluRaven on April 10, 2006, 11:25:13 AM
This is perfect if you have an HDTV: $300 Samsung HD-Conversion DVD Recorder/VCR (DVD-VR325)

Is the new proud owner of a HDTV   ::)

bobby

Quote from: Tara on April 10, 2006, 07:41:07 PM
Quote from: BluRaven on April 10, 2006, 11:25:13 AM

Is the new proud owner of a HDTV   ::)
lucky >:( :D

Tara

My radio station is doing this contest. You have to email them the best reason why they should pick your house to watch American Idol at on Tuesday night, and they bring pizza and drinks and stay for the hour.  I was trying to think of something to write in and I could use my new big TV as part of my story.

Country Lady

Wtg Tarra.  I wish we had one too.  What ever it is  :)) :))
If it doesn't hook up to my computer I don't know anything about it.

Homer

Quote from: Tara on April 10, 2006, 07:46:59 PM
My radio station is doing this contest. You have to email them the best reason why they should pick your house to watch American Idol at on Tuesday night, and they bring pizza and drinks and stay for the hour.  I was trying to think of something to write in and I could use my new big TV as part of my story.

Tell them you know me. That should be enough. :P :))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Country Lady

Tara

Quote from: Country Lady on April 10, 2006, 07:56:34 PM
Sign Tara up to the Hijack club, I think  :)) :))

I didn't say anything wrong I was within the subject about HDTVs and I just got one. I can behave trust me...lol

Country Lady

:)) :)) :)) I was sure that I was asking about a dvd/vcr recorder.  I don't have a one of those other thingys.

Gecko

if you run out of ideas to email em ummm  you could  send em here   cause we dont get american idol  we do get Australian idol  ,
btw if u send in email and i win pls ask do they pay postage
love ya tara  aw i wanta watch ur tv  i only got a 36 inch widescreen  have to use set top box and its a pain in the  a  <snip>   rear
ive got a panasonic dvd recorder  with 80 gig h/d i think anyway holds over 152hrs of recorings on the h/d  if ur interested some set top box,s have a record to there h/drives feature in em but u have to rerecord over em  my recorder  uses those double sided dvd ram  as well as norm ones 
hope ive been a help  8)

nightperson

Quote from: Homer on April 10, 2006, 07:52:48 PM

Tell them you know me. That should be enough. :P :))

well they give me free one homer  :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview