Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Smoking

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

Quote from: Homer on April 10, 2006, 07:30:32 PM
One of the things I noticed when I stopped smoking is how nasty smoke really smells.  :x

Your not kidding about that...I quit  smoking in my house after the nicotine was so bad in the fan in my computer it quit fanning...lol  I'm so tired I can't type right..  But seriously when I saw that I almost died...I had to get a whole new mother board just for the fan !!!   And everything was so nasty and yellow in my house...I ended up getting new carpet and painting my whole house...The clothes that were in storage containers that were clean clothes  all smelt like smoke...I had to wash everything me and my daughter owned .
I am just rambling on.

Country Lady

Just reading all of the post here makes me want a smoke.   :)) :))
All kidding aside, good job and hang in there, it will be worth it or so I am told.  I've tried seveal times to quit, but dang, I like them.

Tara

Quote from: Country Lady on April 10, 2006, 07:42:01 PM
Just reading all of the post here makes me want a smoke.   :)) :))
All kidding aside, good job and hang in there, it will be worth it or so I am told.  I've tried seveal times to quit, but dang, I like them.

Girl, I smoked since I was 15 years old and I have never quit....28 years...I smoked when I was pregnant :-X
I didn't even plan on quitting...I just got up one day and said thats it...Im sick of this

nanners

Keep up the good work..You can do it and we're all here to help you. <3

bratsbemykids

Dont worry, i will smoke a cigarette for you.....

Helen

Quote from: Tara on April 10, 2006, 07:44:50 PM

Girl, I smoked since I was 15 years old and I have never quit....28 years...I smoked when I was pregnant :-X

:oo   :oo   >:(

Tara

Gawd I almost forgot about yesterday was 2 months smoke-free 

Blu

My Mom decided to quit about 18 months ago, cold turkey. She'd quit once before like 15 years ago, but it didn't last. This time my Grandma offered her $5,000 to quit for a year...well, she did and is still smoke free. That $5,000 got my Dad his loooong awaited 42" HDTV.  :)

Tara

Quote from: BluRaven on May 02, 2006, 06:00:28 AM
My Mom decided to quit about 18 months ago, cold turkey. She'd quit once before like 15 years ago, but it didn't last. This time my Grandma offered her $5,000 to quit for a year...well, she did and is still smoke free. That $5,000 got my Dad his loooong awaited 42" HDTV.  :)

LOL Does your Dad smoke?

Blu

Quote from: Tara on May 02, 2006, 06:02:14 AM

LOL Does your Dad smoke?
Lmao, yup...oddly, he's the healthiest 56 year old smoker I know. He weightlifts every other day plus he lifts me up 2-4 times a day to help care for me. I'm a good 170 lbs.

Tara

Quote from: BluRaven on May 02, 2006, 06:07:13 AM
Quote from: Tara on May 02, 2006, 06:02:14 AM

LOL Does your Dad smoke?
Lmao, yup...oddly, he's the healthiest 56 year old smoker I know. He weightlifts every other day plus he lifts me up 2-4 times a day to help care for me. I'm a good 170 lbs.

How did I know that. Your Mom quits . Dad gets TV and still smokes !!   

stewieG

i couldnt quit if i wanted too but i could never smoke indoors i go outside bad enough i smell of smoke dont want my house too.

Blu

Well, at the time Dad was first gonna get his TV with extra family money, he let my Mom get new carpet she'd wanted. The second time they had money, he got my Mom a fridge she needed/wanted because theirs was like 16 years old. They refuse to use credit cards on big purchases, otherwised he'd had the TV. So she finally gave back with the TV.

Quote from: stewieG on May 02, 2006, 06:11:27 AM
i couldnt quit if i wanted too but i could never smoke indoors i go outside bad enough i smell of smoke dont want my house too.
That's good you go out, noone smokes inside our house...even when both parents smoked.

Helen

WTG Tara.....I hope you can keep going on not smoking.  ;)

Iceman0007

wtg!!!  O0  wish i had that kind of will power

Tara

It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.  All it is, is a habit.  I have turned to a gum smacking fool now... 8)

wattsmyname

Quote from: Tara on May 02, 2006, 09:08:47 AM
It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.  All it is, is a habit.  I have turned to a gum smacking fool now... 8)

LMAO :)) :)) :)) WTG

Helen

Yes but that doesn't make ya all stinky.   O0 Do you still "crave" a cigarette every now and then?

Tara

Quote from: Helen on May 02, 2006, 09:35:00 AM

Yes but that doesn't make ya all stinky.   O0 Do you still "crave" a cigarette every now and then?

No I don't crave it...I just out of habit reach for them like when I get in the car...Or I am on the phone outside.

All stinky?  I smell good everyday..wanna smell?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview